PDA

View Full Version : Starting Fresh: Help me build a nutrition plan?

gmboiler
01-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey everyone,

This is my first post. I have scoured the nutrition threads and I am impressed by the collective knowledge. However, I find it a bit overwhelming. I've read about keto diets, glycogen refeeds (?), and other stuff.

A little bit about me: I'm a 23 year old male, 144 lbs, and approximately 12% body fat (give or take a few percentages). I work out three days a week on a strength workout program (Starting Strength). I'm in a full-time master's program that takes up a lot of my time. As a result of this, I am eating the same foods over and over again. It's really boring and I don't think it's getting me where I need to be.

I would like to add about 10 more pounds of muscle and then just get cut from there. Should I keep my diet of lots of carbs and protein until I hit 155 and then move over to a keto diet?

Also, is there a good cookbook that will help me plan a week's worth of meals at a time so that I can get all of my shopping/cooking done in a time efficient manner?

I really look forward to all of your responses. I have read a lot of these threads, but I was hoping to get a personalized response from you guys.

j1akey
01-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Did you buy the Starting Strength book or did you just collect what information you could from the forums (which is largely incomplete).

If you bought the book then the recommended eating guidelines are in the "Programming" section toward the end.

WonderPug
01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
This sticky (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981) will explain how to compose your diet.