PDA

View Full Version : jaguars hired falcons oc mike mularkey as new head coach

DXXB
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
this happened like 2 days ago but im just curious, is this guy any good

Forumite
01-12-2012, 12:12 PM
You won't find a single ATL fan who isn't happy about him leaving.

misccod
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
You won't find a single ATL fan who isn't happy about him leaving.

I wouldn't say that. One of the reasons the Jags want him is so that he can do for Blaine Gabbert what he did for Matt Ryan (take that as you will). The fact of the matter is that Mularkey came on as OC for a franchise that had never had back-to-back winning seasons and brought them to the playoffs 3 times in 4 years.

I'm not necessarily sad that he's gone, but I don't think he was the "problem" with the Falcons, and I think the Jags have a good coach.

DXXB
01-12-2012, 12:30 PM
thanks guys, im just happy del rio is gone. hopefully we have a deasent offense this year

Onita
01-12-2012, 12:34 PM
thanks guys, im just happy del rio is gone. hopefully we have a deasent offense this year

http://www.bontheball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/1303921990_weight-ligft-fail.gif

charity4thepoor
01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
thanks guys, im just happy del rio is gone. hopefully we have a deasent offense this yearhe should be fine. people say his biggest fault the last time he was HC was he took on the roll of HC and OC. he won't be calling plays this time.

_Translucency
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Oh wow.

http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/bad-spellers-untie-lg.gif

anthonysinatra
01-12-2012, 02:14 PM
just watch last weeks falcons @ Giants game. There is your answer.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
He sucks. And if you seriously add Brian Shotty to then good night sweet team

Forumite
01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't say that. One of the reasons the Jags want him is so that he can do for Blaine Gabbert what he did for Matt Ryan (take that as you will). The fact of the matter is that Mularkey came on as OC for a franchise that had never had back-to-back winning seasons and brought them to the playoffs 3 times in 4 years.

I'm not necessarily sad that he's gone, but I don't think he was the "problem" with the Falcons, and I think the Jags have a good coach.
They should have hired Musgrave then.
Mularky is more predictable than the sun setting.

Trapstar4.4
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't believe in mularkey. with the exit of both coordinators we will see the net effect of a new staff, which really puts the spotlight on smitty. We have to get serious production next year or sht will hit the fan.

Mularkey will be okay for a team that is as low as the jags, but meh, other than Matt Ryan he has a suspect history. Hopefully his OC will turn out to be a stud because the jags will need it.

The QB is gabbert though, so he may help him manage the game a bit better.

Good for the falcons though. We gotta get to the root of the problem, and we will know after next season

DXXB
01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't believe in mularkey. with the exit of both coordinators we will see the net effect of a new staff, which really puts the spotlight on smitty. We have to get serious production next year or sht will hit the fan.

Mularkey will be okay for a team that is as low as the jags, but meh, other than Matt Ryan he has a suspect history. Hopefully his OC will turn out to be a stud because the jags will need it.

The QB is gabbert though, so he may help him manage the game a bit better.

Good for the falcons though. We gotta get to the root of the problem, and we will know after next season

hopefully we draft just blackmon

FAH_Q
01-17-2012, 10:35 PM

I will agree that he is a perfect coach for a young QB to have, but definitely going to go ahead and disagree with the bold. He is not a guy who is going to or even should get the majority of the credit for us making the playoffs. And if most teams are content with just being a playoff contender then cool. I don't know if he will ever coach a team that can keep up with an elite offense unless he changes his offensive philosophy some.

I guarantee he throws more screen passes with the Jags than he did in Atl. He was known for NEVER using screen passes after every single year people would bring that up and on top of that the Atl D was known for getting beat by screens so why not add it in to your repertoire? Meanwhile the Jags are one of the most screen heavy teams in the league. I imagine he will add those into his plays.