PDA

View Full Version : bacon on zero carb day

spectacular102
01-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I am carb cycling and currently cutting....tommorow is a no carb day.....I was wondering wheather it is healthy to consume 100 g of bacon... nutrional info for 100g bacon is as follows:
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 100 g

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 376Calories 541

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 41.78g 64%
Saturated Fat 13.739g 69%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.747g
Monounsaturated Fat 18.52g
Cholesterol 110mg 37%
Sodium 2310mg 96%
Potassium 565mg
Total Carbohydrate 1.43g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 37.04g

or should i stick with 50 grams?

spectacular102
01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I am carb cycling and currently cutting....tommorow is a no carb day.....I was wondering wheather it is healthy to consume 100 g of bacon... nutrional info for 100g bacon is as follows:
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 100 g

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 376Calories 541

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 41.78g 64%
Saturated Fat 13.739g 69%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.747g
Monounsaturated Fat 18.52g
Cholesterol 110mg 37%
Sodium 2310mg 96%
Potassium 565mg
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 37.04g

or should i stick with 50 grams????

ParsonBrown
01-10-2012, 09:51 AM
That is not much bacon in my opinion. What matters is that you reach your daily calorie and macro needs. Why are you carb cycling?

graffiti36
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
dude...from that nutri info i see you have 1.43 g of carbs per 100g so why the hell wouldnt you eat bacon?

snorkelman
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
...tommorow is a no carb day........ nutrional info for 100g bacon is as follows:
or should i stick with 50 grams?

OP, would your rational be because 50 grams of bacon would allow you to say that you are ingesting less than 1 gram of bacon, and therefore, with rounding and all, it is pretty much "zero" so that you can comply with the requirement of "zero" carb day?

If yes, please realize that it is pretty much impossible to ingest zero carbs.

spectacular102
01-10-2012, 08:11 PM
That is not much bacon in my opinion. What matters is that you reach your daily calorie and macro needs. Why are you carb cycling?I'm carb cycling becaue I have got results in the past doing so and it also prevents monotony....my reservations with consuming too much bacon are the high levels of sat fat and sodium content.

spectacular102
01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
dude...from that nutri info i see you have 1.43 g of carbs per 100g so why the hell wouldnt you eat bacon?my reservations are the high levels of sat. fat and sodium content

spectacular102
01-10-2012, 08:13 PM
OP, would your rational be because 50 grams of bacon would allow you to say that you are ingesting less than 1 gram of bacon, and therefore, with rounding and all, it is pretty much "zero" so that you can comply with the requirement of "zero" carb day?

If yes, please realize that it is pretty much impossible to ingest zero carbs.nope.My reservations are the high levels of sat fat and sodium content

womanoid
01-10-2012, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't do that on any kind of regular basis, personally. Your daily sodium is going to be well over 4000 unless you watch it with whatever else you eat that day. What do you normally eat on no carb days? Also, why do you have no carb days?

spectacular102
01-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't do that on any kind of regular basis, personally. Your daily sodium is going to be well over 4000 unless you watch it with whatever else you eat that day. What do you normally eat on no carb days? Also, why do you have no carb days?I carb cycle and have a no carb day on rest days as it breaks monotony and enables me to enjoy different food...no carbs days usually has 2 salmon fillets that cost a bomb,lamb,basa fish,almonds,peanut butter,fish oil,chicken legs...I try and avoid shakes as much as possible.

godsamurai
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
I carb cycle and have a no carb day on rest days as it breaks monotony and enables me to enjoy different food...no carbs days usually has 2 salmon fillets that cost a bomb,lamb,basa fish,almonds,peanut butter,fish oil,chicken legs...I try and avoid shakes as much as possible.

100g of bacon healthy? yes.. but make sure u run for like an hour... if you are only eating 100g of bacon and nothing else, then no. You might lose weight that way but it is way to dmg ur stomach

spectacular102
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
100g of bacon healthy? yes.. but make sure u run for like an hour... if you are only eating 100g of bacon and nothing else, then no. You might lose weight that way but it is way to dmg ur stomachSORRY bro i dint unerstand woud you care to elaborate

psychodiver9
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
100g of bacon healthy? yes.. but make sure u run for like an hour... if you are only eating 100g of bacon and nothing else, then no. You might lose weight that way but it is way to dmg ur stomach

So much fail in this post

Xfaxtor
01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
SORRY bro i dint unerstand woud you care to elaborate

Lmao. In for cool elaborated story

godsamurai
01-11-2012, 10:50 AM
SORRY bro i dint unerstand woud you care to elaborate

500 calory from 100g of bacon, running for an hour alone gets u 400 calories burn with 5mph maximum speed. Btw this isn't about when u only eat bacon and nothing else, this has to do with total caloric intake,,, ever heard of protein poisoning? happened to many survivors out there who soley relied on meats. You need at least some carbs but if you are allergic to it, at least take some vegetables and fruits.
Bacon , or pork in general, has a lot of fat and high in calories. You need least 1200 calories per day if you want to keep healthy and esp if you are srsly cutting. Carb diet doesn't mean no carb, it just means you need to lower total caloric intake per day on carb.. Btw carb has less calory per gram compared to 1g of fat. Having said that, do not fear carbs so much, but fear that bacon.

So much fail in this post

because I didn't feel like elaborate.

psychodiver9
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
No because your post was absurd. Well it was untill you elaborated. Now its either comical or sad.

godsamurai
01-11-2012, 12:01 PM
No because your post was absurd. Well it was untill you elaborated. Now its either comical or sad.

wats so sad and comical about it? allergic to carb was just exaggeration, and survivor story is based on true story just to show him how taking protein alone is unhealthy.. (I understand I sound funny sometimes)
of course he needs to still exercise like lifting beside running depending on his total caloric intake, if that's something I didn't include and you are disagreeing with.

mrmagic9799
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
my reservations are the high levels of sat. fat and sodium content

that's what I was looking at too!!

ironwill2008
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Thread should be a sticky.

psychodiver9
01-11-2012, 02:44 PM
wats so sad and comical about it? allergic to carb was just exaggeration, and survivor story is based on true story just to show him how taking protein alone is unhealthy.. (I understand I sound funny sometimes)
of course he needs to still exercise like lifting beside running depending on his total caloric intake, if that's something I didn't include and you are disagreeing with.

I'm disagreeing with everything you've posted. You've yet to post anything even resembling quality advice.

forcasa
01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
500 calory from 100g of bacon, running for an hour alone gets u 400 calories burn with 5mph maximum speed. Btw this isn't about when u only eat bacon and nothing else, this has to do with total caloric intake,,, ever heard of protein poisoning? happened to many survivors out there who soley relied on meats. You need at least some carbs but if you are allergic to it, at least take some vegetables and fruits.
Bacon , or pork in general, has a lot of fat and high in calories. You need least 1200 calories per day if you want to keep healthy and esp if you are srsly cutting. Carb diet doesn't mean no carb, it just means you need to lower total caloric intake per day on carb.. Btw carb has less calory per gram compared to 1g of fat. Having said that, do not fear carbs so much, but fear that bacon.

wow, OP do not read this post

gymjunki3
01-11-2012, 03:49 PM
whats carb cycling and why do people do it?

srs.

tominho7
01-11-2012, 03:58 PM

OMG!!

Please go and acquire real knowledge before you dish out any more advice.

psychodiver9
01-11-2012, 04:13 PM
whats carb cycling and why do people do it?

srs.

Varying carb intake from day to day. Ie high and low carb days. They think it provides a weight loss advantage

ThatWei
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM

http://memebase.referata.com/w/images/thumb/Fat-son-dad.jpg/180px-Fat-son-dad.jpg
http://memebase.referata.com/w/images/thumb/Fat-son-dad.jpg/180px-Fat-son-dad.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/878/1237917779613a.jpg?1284764479

tominho7
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Varying carb intake from day to day. Ie high and low carb days. They think it provides a weight loss advantage

Carb cycling diets have the amazing super power of side stepping the importance of caloric balance.This is common knowledge :)

spectacular102
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
guys im still clueless wheather is it ok to consume 100 g bacon due to high sat.fat and sodium levels on my no carb days

anumeric
01-11-2012, 11:02 PM
guys im still clueless wheather is it ok to consume 100 g bacon due to high sat.fat and sodium levels on my no carb days

JUST EAT THE DAMN BACON!!!! You obviously want it, since you are thinking about it the day before your meal hahaha...

psychodiver9
01-12-2012, 03:31 AM

Does it fit into your daily calorie goals? If so eat t. Sat fat is fine