PDA

View Full Version : IFBB fans

pharmamarketer
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
check this out. Some great pics in this thread. A lot of classic ones

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141065541

ljimd
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanx man, pretty humbling to see those guys.

chodan9
01-06-2012, 04:22 PM
very cool

I noticed on a lot of the poses where there is a clenched fist the thumb is tucked into the palm (fingers wrapping around the thumb) to me this is a counter intuitive way to clench your fist, so there must be a reason behind it, does the tucked thumb allow for better display of forearm musculature?

IronCharles
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
very cool

I noticed on a lot of the poses where there is a clenched fist the thumb is tucked into the palm (fingers wrapping around the thumb) to me this is a counter intuitive way to clench your fist, so there must be a reason behind it, does the tucked thumb allow for better display of forearm musculature?I've always thought it was just another illusion trick for making the arms look bigger. When the fist appears smaller, the arms appear larger.

acrawlingchaos
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
This is a great friend of mine, who has been a source of information and an inspiration at the. At 46 yrs old and mother of 4, she finally got her Pro Card.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/acrawlingchaos/ginandjeff.jpg

BlowTorch
01-06-2012, 07:10 PM
The Paul Dillet pics made me chuckle. He didn't have his cell phone!

ArchAngel'73
01-06-2012, 07:34 PM
very cool

I noticed on a lot of the poses where there is a clenched fist the thumb is tucked into the palm (fingers wrapping around the thumb) to me this is a counter intuitive way to clench your fist, so there must be a reason behind it, does the tucked thumb allow for better display of forearm musculature?

Thumb tucking is done so errant bodyparts sticking out (like thumbs) don't distract the judges from looking at the athlete instead of the thumb or where the thumb is pointed to.
It takes practice and a whole lot of body awareness, and has nothing to do with displaying the forearms as forearm development don't count for much in a comp. (srs)

Getsum
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
That's a very cool thread, great pics!

JOHN GARGANI
01-07-2012, 02:50 AM
yes, a great thread...I had followed the entire thing...great pictures and all....