PDA

View Full Version : 79% of people would rather be Pats OC than Penn State head coach

ezmac31
01-06-2012, 09:54 AM
results based on the dan patrick poll of the day

strong logic people. rather be #2 or #3 in the pecking order than the dude in control running the entire show. some people arent the brightest..

thoughts?

RWC5113
01-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Like you said, people aren't the brightest...

gnillort
01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
maybe they are thinking head coach after the scandal?

thegenerel
01-06-2012, 10:46 AM
maybe they are thinking head coach after the scandal?

strong comedic timing.

GetBigyo
01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Don't see what's so crazy about this.

So would I. Spend 1-2 more years under BB having top offenses and he would probably get a shot at an NFL HC gig.

ryan36_1
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
srs?

I'm shocked the number wasn't higher.

Penn State strikes me as one of the least desirable jobs in football right now.

-brb majority of fanbase already hates you because you are not JoePa
-brb 5 years minuimum of criminal and civil suits, plus Emmert's 'we will handle this after the legal proccess has ran its course' comment hanging over program.
-brb NO program wants investigators with real power (i.e not the NCAA) snooping around their program. Every program has skeletons, even one of two to never have santions.
-brb minimum of 5 years knowing even the biggest fans, and no matter how sold on you families are, you are going to fight a strong reluctance for boys to be sent there. That stigma will be there for a generation at least in some degree.
-brb having to win with players who didn't want you, and unable to bring in enough top-level new recruits to shore the forces.
-brb did I mention the fanbase hates you now? Wait until you lose a few games.
-brb no matter what success you have, always will be compared to JoePa (who is still worshiped).

avaela
01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah let's go coach college ball instead of sticking with one of the top sports franchises of the last decade

EricG71
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Anyone who lives in Canada would choose Pats OC. NCAA is garbage league if your an outsider, worse than the CFL when your looking at it from a Canadian (unbiased) perception. And I hate the CFL.

Angus is peppered

Antonio519
01-06-2012, 12:22 PM
College vs. NFL

the mothaphucking NFL

Coaching under BB

notsureifsrs op

camaleom
01-06-2012, 12:27 PM
strong comedic timing.

and if he turns things around? ;)

the guy is in for a challenge that is for sure!

PhrygianLydian
01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
That job comes with an insane amount of pressure and expectations. They're pretty much looking at you to make people forget about Joe Pa's illustrious career and those boys getting their angus's peppered.

MrHandTricks
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Not sure if srs OP.

Other than the Sh*tmess that Penn State is right now, with pretty much every opportunity to be set up for failure as a transitional coach, BOB will likely be taking a pay cut of atleast 1 million a year to downgrade from pros to college.

Fuuuuuark. I don't care if I'd be running the show, college means sh*t in the grand scheme of things. Especially if your other option is with the best professional franchise in the last decade