PDA

View Full Version : help me out with my protein/carbs/fat in take please :(

chizzy16
01-02-2012, 07:43 AM
ohk so ive calculated my BMR and it came to 2831 ive included my activity level TEE, now i want to cut weight as i weigh 104kgs and i want to lose 20kgs so ive -500 calories from my maintenance and it comes to 2331, im just wondering how i figure out how much protein/fat/carbs i need a day. Is there any chance someone would be able to put me on the right track because i really want this to work

im also 16 years old if that helps with anything, please help :(

BDeblo
01-02-2012, 07:59 AM
ohk so ive calculated my BMR and it came to 2831 ive included my activity level TEE, now i want to cut weight as i weigh 104kgs and i want to lose 20kgs so ive -500 calories from my maintenance and it comes to 2331, im just wondering how i figure out how much protein/fat/carbs i need a day. Is there any chance someone would be able to put me on the right track because i really want this to work

im also 16 years old if that helps with anything, please help :(
First off your deficit should only be 10% of tdee at first. You can adjust after a couple weeks depending on how your body responds.
Protein minimum is 1g per pound of bodyweight
Fat minimum is .45g per pound
The rest of the calories is personal preference once you hit protein and fat minimums.
Carbs aren't essential so they can vary day to day if protein and fat are in check.
Edit: just saw your age. Unless you are considerably overweight I would first start with a bulk or eating at tdee to take advantage of hormones and build muscle and then cut later on.

WonderPug
01-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Also, keep in mind that standard BMR calculations are not sufficiently accurate for someone who is 16 years old and thus in a different metabolic state than an adult.

chizzy16
01-02-2012, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=BDeblo;806845681]First off your deficit should only be 10% of tdee at first. You can adjust after a couple weeks depending on how your body responds.
Protein minimum is 1g per pound of bodyweight
yes but if thats the case i need 230g of protein per day that seems alot doesnt it?

chizzy16
01-02-2012, 08:06 AM
and yes i know that :) im just going to experiment abit and see what works and what doesnt

Also, keep in mind that standard BMR calculations are not sufficiently accurate for someone who is 16 years old and thus in a different metabolic state than an adult.

WonderPug
01-02-2012, 08:11 AM
and yes i know that :) im just going to experiment abit and see what works and what doesntThat makes sense. Also, you might want to read: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128727231

BDeblo
01-02-2012, 08:18 AM
It's not too high because of your weight. I end up eating about 200g protein a day if not more and I only need 150 but that's just my preference since i don't care for a lot of carbohydrate rich foods outside of my fruit, vegetables and oats.

chizzy16
01-02-2012, 08:20 AM
oh ohk so really its not necessary to eat carbs so i can eat more protein than "required" but eat less carbs?