PDA

View Full Version : It's possible gain PURE fat from 1 cheat day?

andrealazio
01-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Honestly, i doubt you can add PURE fat from just a bad day of eating. In my opinion there is a limit to how much damage you can do in a single day of bad eating. Even if you're cutting.

ispoody1243
01-02-2012, 03:28 AM
i have heard that your body can only process about 15,000 calories in a 24 hr period
so more calories than 99% of people can consume in 1 day
to many other varying factors to make any kind of an assumption

AlwaysTryin
01-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Getting impatient with your identical thread in the losing fat section?

Schlangemann
01-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Cheat day implies cutting, if you stick to your cutting calories 13/14 days one cheat day will not make a noticable difference, apart from making you feel better.

Xfaxtor
01-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Cheat day implies cutting, if you stick to your cutting calories 13/14 days one cheat day will not make a noticable difference, apart from making you feel better.

O rly? What if you are on a 250 cals deficit for two weeks and then have a 10k+ cheat day? Depending on your TDEE you could easily gain a pound of fat and you have basically wasted 2 weeks of cutting. Theres no way to tell the "damage" without knowing the calories.

A pound of fat in a day is not that hard if you are member of team forever hungry

Schlangemann
01-02-2012, 04:11 AM
O rly? What if you are on a 250 cals deficit for two weeks and then have a 10k+ cheat day? Depending on your TDEE you could easily gain a pound of fat and you have basically wasted 2 weeks of cutting. Theres no way to tell the "damage" without knowing the calories.

A pound of fat in a day is not that hard if you are member of team forever hungry

Repped for pointing out something I hadn't considered.

OP, there are too many factors to guess whether it would be all fat (like the post above) some of the calories might go to refeeding/preserving muscle

Mr_Aryze
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM
So the overall answer is yes OP. (If you can eat that much)

deeAvi
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
you can only gain so much muscle, and if if its your 2nd year of lifting then its evne worse cause noob gains are cut out so when you binge youre basically put on all fat after the x amount of muscles you would of gained that day at a regular surplus

midcoastking33
01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Pure fat no because it would always be coupled with water retention

biglen18
01-02-2012, 03:54 PM
OP, there are too many factors to guess whether it would be all fat (like the post above) some of the calories might go to refeeding/preserving muscle

^^This, depends on what you did that day...If you lifted, did strenuous excercise or any form of cardio really then some of what you eat will go to your muscles to replenish glycogen, rebuild protein, etc.. Your body is constantly changing between states of catabolism and anabolism depending on its metabolic requirements at that time so I would say it depends. But yes if you eat like a total pig whatever calories you eat beyond what your body needs at that time will be stored as fat (regardless of whether it's PRO, FAT or CHO).

ZMan45
01-02-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm sure the grand majority of us put on at least a lb of pure fat from christmas/new years. But hey, you only live once. Living life comes before bb'ing in my book.