PDA

View Full Version : thanks alan aragon, wave length and nutrition forum for getting me ripped

PainfullyAlone
12-31-2011, 09:06 PM
me 12 months ago.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2333/fattyqp.jpg

me now.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2135/rimg0371e.jpg

all i did was follow wave lengths principles. lowered my calories each week and lost 20 lb's in 12 months. i ate "junk food" almost every single day. foot long subway with cookies...beef kebabs with cheese and sauce....fried rice and beef malaysian style. all i cared about was losing weight and keeping as much strength as i could in the gym. i kept basically all my strength.

i only broke one "rule" and that was the protein requirements. in the last 3 months of been eating about 50 grams of protein a day and it's been perfect. no loss in strength, im able to lower my calories and get more carbs and fats. i got ripped to another level just not worrying about getting enough protein.

PainfullyAlone
12-31-2011, 09:10 PM
sry let me try again.

12 months ago.

http://i39.tinypic.com/k1ayx2.jpg

me now.

http://i40.tinypic.com/9fnses.jpg

eazzy
12-31-2011, 09:12 PM
i only broke one "rule" and that was the protein requirements. in the last 3 months of been eating about 50 grams of protein a day and it's been perfect. no loss in strength, im able to lower my calories and get more carbs and fats. i got ripped to another level just not worrying about getting enough protein.

not sure if srs

RealMenDeadLift
12-31-2011, 09:31 PM
not sure if srsPlenty of people get by with low protein intake and see good results. Is it optimal? Research and logic say no, but it doesn't mean he will get no results.

PainfullyAlone
12-31-2011, 09:40 PM
not sure if srs

yeah i was so strict on getting at least 0.8-1 gram of protein per pound for the first 8 months of the diet. i decided to just eat normal portions of protein per meal and not worry about getting the 1 gram per lb target. i was able to lose even more weight and still have the energy to keep my strength in the gym and i didn't lose any muscle mass.

nowisnotthetime
12-31-2011, 09:53 PM
I do well with my protein on what is considered the low side as well

GJM. Now bulk. You are "ripped" but small and skinny.

chickeneater
12-31-2011, 10:27 PM
gjdm! thats great news on the protein aspect. Gettin tired of eatin so much myself.

DarthInvadeHer
12-31-2011, 10:37 PM
gjdm! thats great news on the protein aspect. Gettin tired of eatin so much myself.

Ya I definitely think protein is important but I also think it's very overrated sometimes.

eazzy
12-31-2011, 10:50 PM
i think the lowest you should ever go is 0.55 grams of body weight and when cutting, 1 g is much more ideal

from pubmed

Protein and amino acids for athletes.
Tipton KD, Wolfe RR.
Source
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Shriner's Hospital for Children, 815 Market Street, Galveston, TX 77550, USA. ktipton@utmb.edu
Abstract
The main determinants of an athlete's protein needs are their training regime and habitual nutrient intake. Most athletes ingest sufficient protein in their habitual diet. Additional protein will confer only a minimal, albeit arguably important, additional advantage. Given sufficient energy intake, lean body mass can be maintained within a wide range of protein intakes. Since there is limited evidence for harmful effects of a high protein intake and there is a metabolic rationale for the efficacy of an increase in protein, if muscle hypertrophy is the goal, a higher protein intake within the context of an athlete's overall dietary requirements may be beneficial. However, there are few convincing outcome data to indicate that the ingestion of a high amount of protein (2-3 g x kg(-1) BW x day(-1), where BW = body weight) is necessary. Current literature suggests that it may be too simplistic to rely on recommendations of a particular amount of protein per day. Acute studies suggest that for any given amount of protein, the metabolic response is dependent on other factors, including the timing of ingestion in relation to exercise and/or other nutrients, the composition of ingested amino acids and the type of protein.

danell21
12-31-2011, 11:05 PM
in be4 for pug rant

AlwaysTryin
12-31-2011, 11:18 PM
I am pleased for you, but why were you cutting in the first place and what were you cutting to....

dukend
12-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Ya I definitely think protein is important but I also think it's very overrated sometimes.

No avi? Jesus Christ.

dukend
12-31-2011, 11:20 PM
I do well with my protein on what is considered the low side as well

GJM. Now bulk. You are "ripped" but small and skinny.

We all assume you're fit Tom.

SOJA
01-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Elbows too pointy.

Wait wut. Totally unaware, if this is legit, gjdm.

WonderPug
01-01-2012, 05:37 AM
A couple of points:

1) At 6'4" tall and 170 pounds, you are carrying very little lean body mass adjusted for height. And you weigh less than 90% of the people of your height. In other words, you're very skinny and borderline clinically underweight.

2) Unless your diet is acutely deficient in energy intake and/or shockingly poorly composed, as a 6'4" tall male, you would be consuming much more than 50 grams of protein. Much, much more.

Horns3
01-01-2012, 05:55 AM
op needs to get on that 4000 calorie bulk time

danell21
01-03-2012, 05:44 AM
A couple of points:

1) At 6'4" tall and 170 pounds, you are carrying very little lean body mass adjusted for height. And you weigh less than 90% of the people of your height. In other words, you're very skinny and borderline clinically underweight.

2) Unless your diet is acutely deficient in energy intake and/or shockingly poorly composed, as a 6'4" tall male, you would be consuming much more than 50 grams of protein. Much, much more.

i called it... you saw me

snorkelman
01-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Op is banned?

Ripped with little mass does not appeal to many on this board, but it does to many of the general public. Case in point.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/news/091130/pattinson.jpg http://i51.tinypic.com/209plir.jpg

Look out Vampires.

danell21
01-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Op is banned?

Ripped with little mass does not appeal to many on this board, but it does to many of the general public. Case in point.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/news/091130/pattinson.jpg http://i51.tinypic.com/209plir.jpg

Look out Vampires.

a year seems like a extremely long time for this.. op is relatively low BF at beginning. May of got better or similar result from simply working out at maintenance for a year with sufficient protein intake, agree?

snorkelman
01-03-2012, 06:07 AM
op is relatively low BF at beginning.

Don't get confused by my pictures. OP's "before" is up in post #2. I was drawing a comparison between his current body (lean with little LBM) and Robert Pattinson, who has many female fans.

SuffolkPunch
01-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Exactly, lots of people come to this board wanting the skinny-ripped look. Tyler Durden, Robert Patinson - whatever.

I have a theory that prolonged exposure to bb.com makes your ideals shift and you want to look larger. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, eye of the beholder and all that.

WonderPug
01-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Don't get confused by my pictures. OP's "before" is up in post #2. I was drawing a comparison between his current body (lean with little LBM) and Robert Pattinson, who has many female fans.FYI: Robert Pattinson is reportedly 6'1" tall and weighs 172 and 176 pounds. The OP is 6'4" tall and weighs ~170 pounds.

martial-man420
01-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Great job OP if your goal was to be this size and weight. It's only a bodybuilding website where people would be saying it's borderline clinically underweight. It's not. It would require about 155lbs to be considered underweight, in this country anyway.

Having said all this if it were me I'd definitely consider it a good time to go on a very long slow bulk.

edit : Also depressingly if I hope to get to about 10%bodyfat on this cut I'm currently on I'm going to be around 170lbs as well, assuming I lose a bit of muscle as well as fat. Feels very bad.

crp113
01-03-2012, 07:39 AM
what is that red mark on your chest? i have the same

DTRrex
01-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Wait....

So you're crediting a diet that condoned poorly tracking your macros and consuming low protein for basically looking like you just stepped out of a concentration camp?

Bro, it took you 12 months to drop 5% bodyfat and it looks like you have barely any muscle mass whatsoever. I don't think you should be crediting and thanking this diet/these people... you should be admonishing them.

Find a real diet with higher cals and better macros.

crp113
01-03-2012, 10:58 AM
any idea what that red mark is on your chest? please respond i got the same thing.

Christiffer
01-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Bulk, bulk , bulk...

Inb4new thread 10 months later,
"thanks AA and nut forum for getting me hyooge!!" -insert pic of obese man-

iabs
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
No avi? Jesus Christ.

it is overrated sometimes, you mad?