PDA

View Full Version : MyFitnessPal USERS question

Ryanmckd
12-31-2011, 11:03 AM
I've gone through and added all my own custom foods and elected not to share them with the database but every few weeks foods that are fairly common get deleted from "my foods" and presumably from the database. I've had to re-add things like chicken breast, mushrooms, potatoes, onions several times as they just keep getting removed.

Anyone know a way around this? I like adding all my own custom foods regardless of whether it's on the database or not just to be more accurate in choosing the same food entry every time and since I'm ticking the "Do not share with database" box I can't see why they need to delete them.

emerica243
12-31-2011, 11:08 AM
I've gone through and added all my own custom foods and elected not to share them with the database but every few weeks foods that are fairly common get deleted from "my foods" and presumably from the database. I've had to re-add things like chicken breast, mushrooms, potatoes, onions several times as they just keep getting removed.

Anyone know a way around this? I like adding all my own custom foods regardless of whether it's on the database or not just to be more accurate in choosing the same food entry every time and since I'm ticking the "Do not share with database" box I can't see why they need to delete them.

I dont have this problem. Did you post on their forum as well?

Siafu4Life
12-31-2011, 11:27 AM
I've been using "Myfitnesspal.com" for about 5 months (just had my 140th consecutive log-in day)...and I've never had that problem. Maybe contact an admin or something, for support. Hope you get it figured out!!

Chrans
12-31-2011, 12:13 PM

You can create your own custom food and than lets say you had it for Lunch all you have to do when you are in your food diary is click the little wrench and say "Remember Meal". Try this out it may save it for you. I have "Meals" set up for all sorts of stuff that I eat throughout the week. Hope this helps.

Ryanmckd
12-31-2011, 12:44 PM
You can create your own custom food and than lets say you had it for Lunch all you have to do when you are in your food diary is click the little wrench and say "Remember Meal". Try this out it may save it for you. I have "Meals" set up for all sorts of stuff that I eat throughout the week. Hope this helps.

Yeah that is what I've done for the past 6 weeks or so but then I went to log a meal that wasn't one of my usuals and 4-5 of 'my foods" were deleted again.

UndesirableNo1
12-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah that is what I've done for the past 6 weeks or so but then I went to log a meal that wasn't one of my usuals and 4-5 of 'my foods" were deleted again.

Are you creating your foods directly on the website or are you using the iphone/android app? Sometimes I've created foods or meals and it failed to sync before I closed the app and they disappeared when I opened the app later. I know it's not the same issue but maybe creating them directly on the website vs an app could be a problem.

Ryanmckd
12-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Are you creating your foods directly on the website or are you using the iphone/android app? Sometimes I've created foods or meals and it failed to sync before I closed the app and they disappeared when I opened the app later. I know it's not the same issue but maybe creating them directly on the website vs an app could be a problem.

I've tried both ways and the problems still seems to happen.

Acooljt
12-31-2011, 08:30 PM
I've noticed that if you go a while without using an item then it will delete it. Solution: use it more.

cocobeware143
09-18-2013, 07:17 PM

Save things as "my recipes" instead of "my foods". There you can add single foods or multiple ingredients like chicken + whatever seasonings you usually use to prepare it. I've never had a problem with my recipes deleting themselves from there.

MetilHed
09-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Save things as "my recipes" instead of "my foods". There you can add single foods or multiple ingredients like chicken + whatever seasonings you usually use to prepare it. I've never had a problem with my recipes deleting themselves from there.

Hopefully he's gotten by OK, these past 2 years while awaiting your response.

FYI: I also get a "Your recipe must contain more than 1 ingredient" message when I try making a single ingredient recipe, whether on my phone or web browser.
You might want to try the MFP forums for help to your question, it is very active.