PDA

View Full Version : My experience with ZMA. Is this weird?

Agalloch666
12-30-2011, 04:40 AM
I took ZMA for the first time last night and I'm not sure if it's for me. I followed the label right down to the no calcium rule and get this.. for some reason it actually hindered my sleep. I'm a guy that normally goes down at 7-8PM, but after taking the dose of ZMA I was awake until god knows when. I first went down around 9PM forcefully trying to bring upon some zZZzs and found myself up until 2am or so with my imagination just running wild. To be honest the overactive imagination bit was kind of cool. It's like how you think of your life as you wind down, but it was to new extreme. My mind just wouldn't stop drifting. I kind of figured I just had a lot on my mind, left it there and eventually dozed off. After that I was in a very shallow sleep, almost a hypnotic state. Always between thought and dream and generally just in a haze.

Today I'm left groggy and annoyed haha. But I plan on sticking to it. Perhaps my body just needs to adjust.

The ZMA is the standard to the T SNAC formula:
3 capsules
30mg zinc
450mg mag
10.5mg vitamin B6

Anyway guys, that's my first experience with ZMA. Thanks for reading. Feel free to share your experience and advice regarding this supplement.

PS. I've heard some talk about taking in more copper to balance out the zinc. truespeak?

WonderPug
12-30-2011, 05:43 AM
The placebo effect can present in myriad ways.

psychodiver9
12-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Supp section---------->

Agalloch666
12-30-2011, 06:08 AM
The placebo effect can present (itself) in (a) myriad (of) ways.

Sorry, I'm strictly first wave Greek LOL. :D

Strong age, sir. Respect. Are you speaking from experience? I've heard both sides of the argument and am impartial to the whole thing 'til I understand first hand.

Also, Mods.. If you could move this to the supplements section I would gladly appreciate it. My bad, dawg.

WonderPug
12-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Sorry, I'm strictly first wave Greek LOL. :D.You must get frustrated whenever you read about the myriad political scene ;)