PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight too fast?

IcyScythe
12-29-2011, 09:03 AM
So I'm doing a cut right now, I wanted to drop 10 pounds and shed a bit of body fat before I went all out clean bulk and start eating like a maniac. I'm 23, 5'11'', 162lbs, probably around 19% bodyfat.

I have a very sedentary lifestyle apart from going weightlifting 3x a week and jogging 3x a week (different days), no job atm. I used the stickied thread to figure out that ~2000 calories was under my maintenance by about 20%, but now I've lost 1.8 pounds overnight. Could this just be a fluke or something, the two days before my weight stayed fairly steady? Cause I'm quite sure I've been counting my calories (and carbs and protein and fat) accurately. I've been going for for 160 grams of protein, 160 grams of carbs and 75 grams of fat

I've always had a pretty insane metabolism, I thought it'd slowed down the last couple years but maybe not. Does that factor into how much I should be eating to cut without losing too much muscle?

On the other hand, I hadn't worked out in 2 years prior to starting this, so maybe it doesn't really matter since I have little muscle mass anyways, but I thought I'd ask. If it doesn't matter I have no problem losing it quickly so I can get on with the bulk, but I'd like to hear from some experienced people. Thanks

lee__d
12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
weight loss is non-linear and big drops often happen overnight after a few days of no scale movement. weight it out a few weeks and get an idea of how your wait is trending. if you're avging 1-2lb per week, it's cool. (prob closer to one since youre already in the 160s).

make sure yuor lifts are dropping (all that much) and you shouldn't be losing significant lbm

also, rethink 'eating like a maniac' when yuo bulk.