PDA

View Full Version : what can i expect after throwing up after drinking too much

WhoAmI2U
12-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I recently lost 14 pounds in the past month or so because I have been cutting. Last night I got so drunk for the first time that I was throwing up. When I woke up I lost about 2 pounds and looked really skinnier. What can I expect from the weight scale in the next couple days? Will I gain a lot of weight really quick because of all the water weight I lost?

Noviceplus
12-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Will I gain a lot of weight really quick because of all the water weight I lost?
For the most part. Only real concern I'd have is the fluid and electrolyte loss, especially chloride. Well, I guess you've an excuse to eat a bunch of salty foods today/tomorrow.

HunterCML
12-24-2011, 12:09 PM
I recently lost 14 pounds in the past month

Do you mind if I ask you how much you weigh, your height, your approximate BF% and gender?

WhoAmI2U
12-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Right now I weigh 211 pounds 5"10 and male. I have no idea BF% but I am pretty buff. My diet consists of just eating 3 meals a day. Not eating junk food and not snacking at night. I'm not into taking supplements or pills, so I'm real happy with my weight loss so far :)

Do you mind if I ask you how much you weigh, your height, your approximate BF% and gender?

HunterCML
12-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Right now I weigh 211 pounds 5"10 and male. I have no idea BF% but I am pretty buff. My diet consists of just eating 3 meals a day. Not eating junk food and not snacking at night. I'm not into taking supplements or pills, so I'm real happy with my weight loss so far :)

Sounds good. The more lean you get, the slower you want to take your weight loss for LBM purposes. 3.5 pounds a week (your current average) is okay in the beginning considering glycogen/water weight and the fact that you were pretty heavy to start out with, but don't try to keep that deficit up too long.

Do you have a goal weight?

WonderPug
12-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Losing over 6% of your bodyweight in one month is likely way too agressive a cut, especially if you're relatively lean (buff, as you put it).

WhoAmI2U
12-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi guys. I'm pretty sure I am losing a lot of water weight because I honestly eat a lot. Yesterday for example I ate: Bowl of cereal, a big bowl of pasta and turkey, couple carrots and for dinner I had 2 burritos of Portuguese sausage (linguica) eggs and salsa. Do you guys think I am eating too less because I feel I am eating a lot?

WonderPug
12-24-2011, 12:33 PM
^ It depends on the specific foods and the actual quantity consumed, but if you're losing 14 pounds in about 30 days and the weight loss is pretty linear, there is a big problem (assuming you were relatively lean to start with).

WhoAmI2U
12-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the advice WonderPug. Is there a certain % of "perfect" weight loss in a month that I should aim for? I've lost 125 pounds before (started at 300 and got down to 175 then gained it back) and I didn't have any extra skin, but if I am losing too much weight I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

WonderPug
12-24-2011, 12:38 PM
^ Generally speaking, someone of your size and presumed leanness should strive for 1 pound per week or, at the very most, 1.5 to 2 pounds (but that level of fat loss would probably sacrifice LBM).

P.S. Congratulations on your weight loss.

WhoAmI2U
12-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks :) I'm going to probably start aiming for 1 pound per week then which is fine with me because now I can have more cheat meals :) Thanks!