PDA

View Full Version : When should I eat fat?

Runlifteat
12-24-2011, 08:39 AM
What part of the day should fat be eaten? I've always heard its okay to eat post workout but not to eat it 2-3 hours before a workout

musikguy72
12-24-2011, 08:42 AM
For body composition purposes, the timing of nutrients is irrelevant. As long as you fill the requirements by the end of the day, you are good.

Dujin77
12-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Whenever you feel like eating it.

HunterCML
12-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Whenever you feel like eating it.

^^^

keramon02
12-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Fat should be eaten in the morning, preferably in the form of bacon and or whole eggs. The tastiness of the combination of the above is proven to be 34.7% more anabolic.

krete77
12-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Fat should be eaten in the morning, preferably in the form of bacon and or whole eggs. The tastiness of the combination of the above is proven to be 34.796% more anabolic.

*fixed.

Noviceplus
12-24-2011, 11:33 AM
What part of the day should fat be eaten?
Along with your other meals, since it'll help with absorption of nutrients. The avoidance with it before a workout is because it extends digestion time and makes your blood lipemic, which isn't all that great when your body is trying to exercise. Optimal, no, but not really harmful unless you're going to run a marathon (good luck not throwing up!).

Calpoly
12-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Dont eat fats PWO. For PWO i assume your eating simple carbs w/protein to jack up you insulin, but when your insulin is surging not only does it increase protein synthesis & shuttle glycogen into your muscles, but it also shuttles fats into your adipose tissue.

Kahldris
12-24-2011, 04:53 PM
^wow every thread i read has a post from this bro scientest.

Srsly stop spreading miss information and learn something about nutrition.

Sarcopenia83
12-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Dont eat fats PWO. For PWO i assume your eating simple carbs w/protein to jack up you insulin, but when your insulin is surging not only does it increase protein synthesis & shuttle glycogen into your muscles, but it also shuttles fats into your adipose tissue.

^^^Lol.....no

You should be consuming fats with everymeal, if not idk what the hell you're consuming as a meal.

WonderPug
12-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Dont eat fats PWO. For PWO i assume your eating simple carbs w/protein to jack up you insulin, but when your insulin is surging not only does it increase protein synthesis & shuttle glycogen into your muscles, but it also shuttles fats into your adipose tissue.Please ignore this poster, as he's providing clearly erroneous information.

As others have indicated, the time, frequency and partitioning of nutrients are a function of personal preference, based on your subjective sense of satiety, palatability, convenience, energy and performance. Just make sure to meet your daily energy requirements (adjusted for goals) while meeting micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

TERMplus
12-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Srsly stop spreading miss information and learn something about nutrition.

;)

Please ignore this poster, as he's providing clearly erroneous information.

As others have indicated, the time, frequency and partitioning of nutrients are a function of personal preference, based on your subjective sense of satiety, palatability, convenience, energy and performance. Just make sure to meet your daily energy requirements (adjusted for goals) while meeting micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

should be copypasted all over this section.

GymRat1991
12-25-2011, 01:41 AM
u gotta spread it out. its good to have fat at every meal cause it takes fat to absorb some of the vitamins in ur food. especially if u have a multivitanin u take, then u should eat plenty of fat for that. post or pre workout doesnt really matter. some people say doing it right around your workout makes u burn more fat, but if u dont eat fat u burn more BODY fat cause there isnt any fat coming frmo ur diet, but if your eating it, then you burn more of that and less body fat

RealMenDeadLift
12-25-2011, 01:45 AM
u gotta spread it out. its good to have fat at every meal cause it takes fat to absorb some of the vitamins in ur food. especially if u have a multivitanin u take, then u should eat plenty of fat for that. post or pre workout doesnt really matter. some people say doing it right around your workout makes u burn more fat, but if u dont eat fat u burn more BODY fat cause there isnt any fat coming frmo ur diet, but if your eating it, then you burn more of that and less body fatWhat form of substrate your body utilizes during exercise (which is predominantly carbohydrate no matter what) is completely irrelevant to fat gain/loss over time.

eatyourspinach
12-25-2011, 07:42 AM

I bet this guy never goes catabolic

BBqChicken1
12-25-2011, 07:55 AM
I bet this guy never goes catabrolic

fixed