PDA

View Full Version : Questions about nutrition.

ike14jr
12-14-2011, 05:39 AM
I used to be pretty overweight weighing 185 and I'm only 5'4". lol. I got real into health and fitness a lil over a year ago and managed to lose about 55 pounds in less than a year and now weigh 132. Now, I'm trying to add a lil muscle and lean out. I'm not looking to get huge though.

Anyway, now to my point. I just wanted to ask a few questions. The things I eat on the regular everyday is, chicken breast, salmon, oatmeal, broccoli, asparagus, avocado, almonds, all natural peanut butter, tuna, raspberries, bananas, whey protein, bell peppers, coffee, lots of water, egg whites, and that's all I can think of right now.

My questions were:

How late is too late to eat and what kind of things do you recommend eating before bed?

What is a healthy amount of carbs of a guy my size?
How many days outta the week should I eat carbs and how many should be "lean out" days? And on lean out days, do I go no carbs at all or just reduce from my regular intake?

How often do you do a met shocker? And on that day, do you take in an insane amount of calories and carbs or keep it under control?

I usually give myself one cheat day a week but usually am able to keep it under control. Sometimes I go overboard though. Is once a week too often?

Are sugar free monster energy drinks bad? I have a habit of drinking about 1 a day at work.

eatyourspinach
12-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Heres a list of answers in order of importance

1. Read the stickies on calculating calories (figuring out your carbs)
2. After reading said stickies, understand that it isn't just about what you are eating but how much.
3. Cheat days will then seem irrelevant really.
4. Energy drinks are fine if used in moderation depending on what the rest of your stimulant intake may be/ your tolerance.

not sure what a met shocker is though