PDA

View Full Version : what is a good macro ratio for optimal fat loss?

softabs_20
12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
im coming off the keto diet, which didnt really work out for me too well. so now im gonna go back on a leaner meal plan so i was wondering what a good macro ratio would be for optimal fat loss.

sharpieblet
12-10-2011, 04:08 PM
read stickies.

1g of protein per lb of lean muscle mass
fill in the rest of your cals with fat and carbs as you see fit
lift heavy at least 3 times a week and hit every muscle group, compounds compounds compounds
eat 500 below maintenance calories
stay consistent and give it time

you should know this already

jon1995
12-10-2011, 04:29 PM
dont be a sticky parrot and find out what works for you OP, works every time

sharpieblet
12-10-2011, 04:38 PM
dont be a sticky parrot and find out what works for you OP, works every time

you sayin' i'm a sticky parrot!?!?

anyway, the only macro i think is really important to have consistent is protein. fat is second most important but as long as you're not trying to abolish fat from your diet you won't screw yourself up. carbs whatever you may like. i'm eating a cheese stuffed crust pizza as i type this.

jon1995
12-10-2011, 04:41 PM
you sayin' i'm a sticky parrot!?!?

anyway, the only macro i think is really important to have consistent is protein. fat is second most important but as long as you're not trying to abolish fat from your diet you won't screw yourself up. carbs whatever you may like. i'm eating a cheese stuffed crust pizza as i type this.

no lol. i agree with everything you said...i just dont agree with needing fats to be .45 grams per pound many people go lower including myself. I usually have 50-60 grams of fat when i cut

sharpieblet
12-10-2011, 04:44 PM
no lol. i agree with everything you said...i just dont agree with needing fats to be .45 grams per pound many people go lower including myself. I usually have 50-60 grams of fat when i cut

ahhh ok it was hard to tell lol. anyway i agree with you as well...i typically get around 30g of fat per day some days up to 40g, but not usually more than that unless it's my cheat meal day. so once a week i get ungodly amount of carbs and fats. i haven't noticed any issues typically associated with stupid-low fat intake, so until i do i'll just keep doing as i do. just so happens that my usual diet doesn't consist of hardly any dietary fat...

jon1995
12-10-2011, 04:47 PM
ahhh ok it was hard to tell lol. anyway i agree with you as well...i typically get around 30g of fat per day some days up to 40g, but not usually more than that unless it's my cheat meal day. so once a week i get ungodly amount of carbs and fats. i haven't noticed any issues typically associated with stupid-low fat intake, so until i do i'll just keep doing as i do. just so happens that my usual diet doesn't consist of hardly any dietary fat...

it takes up to many calories lol, id rather have a bowl of oats then 2 eggs for basically the same calories

sharpieblet
12-10-2011, 04:50 PM
it takes up to many calories lol, id rather have a bowl of oats then 2 eggs for basically the same calories

agreed...i simply just want to get more full off other foods. when i start bulking i'll have more PB and whole wheat toast in my diet....as of now that stuff practically gathers dust....in fact most days i only get my carbs from veggies. great northern white beans are awesome cutting food btw :) eat em by the can with hot sauce

jon1995
12-10-2011, 04:51 PM
agreed...i simply just want to get more full off other foods. when i start bulking i'll have more PB and whole wheat toast in my diet....as of now that stuff practically gathers dust....in fact most days i only get my carbs from veggies. great northern white beans are awesome cutting food btw :) eat em by the can with hot sauce

nice hah im bulking and my diet is usually like this
p 260+
c 380-400
f 90ish

softabs_20
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
i took what you guys said into consideration and have came up with these numbers. based on 2000 calorie/day(500 below maintenance)

160g protein(1lb per lean body mass)
100g fat
100g carb

i also read that you guys take in around 50g fat per day, mines double that. i would lower that but then id have to up either the carbs or protein and too much carbs in a day make me bloated.
should i build a meal plan based on these numbers or adjust them?
thanks

jon1995
12-10-2011, 04:58 PM
i took what you guys said into consideration and have came up with these numbers. based on 2000 calorie/day(500 below maintenance)

160g protein(1lb per lean body mass)
100g fat
100g carb

i also read that you guys take in around 50g fat per day, mines double that. i would lower that but then id have to up either the carbs or protein and too much carbs in a day make me bloated.
should i build a meal plan based on these numbers or adjust them?
thanks

i would up carbs lower fats.

p/c/f
160/160/80