PDA

View Full Version : Question

WhiteKnight4U
12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
So it's been 4 n a half weeks, I've lost about 9 lbs now
I'm cutting pretty severly cause I'm going on vacation on new years.

Squat went up 10 lbs, bench went up 5 lbs, pullups went up 15 lbs (though more like 5 since I've lost weight, dunno.), haven't deadlifted, power clean went up 30.

Everythings stalled now.

Good\bad\thoughts?

Also, I'm very hungry\lethargic and angry\easily angered

I'm thinkin this means "refeed"

thoughts appreciated.

I feel like a binge is imminant, drank a litre of diet pop today to try and fill that "void" and it didn't work.

akujiki13
12-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Sounds like your nutrients are low, are you taking vitamins? This is why I tell people all calories are not created equal, you need quality, wholesome food on a cut. Meat, vegetables, grains. Your body is freaking out cause you are cutting hard and probably not getting enough vitamins and minerals.

JVRICHARDS
12-09-2011, 09:25 PM
You should be happy with maintaining... "serious cutting" isn't conducive to gaining tangible amounts of strength.

CliffordsStyles
12-09-2011, 09:38 PM
So it's been 4 n a half weeks, I've lost about 9 lbs now
I'm cutting pretty severly cause I'm going on vacation on new years.

Also, I'm very hungry\lethargic and angry\easily angered

I'm thinkin this means "refeed"

I feel like a binge is imminant, drank a litre of diet pop today to try and fill that "void" and it didn't work.

you're probably on too severe of a cut. 9 lbs in 4 weeks is a pretty good amount of weight to lose in that time period.

i'm the same way whenever i cut. i have a REALLY hard time getting below 13% bf, because in order to do so, i have to go to extreme measures. i exhibit the same symptoms you described above. the second i eat normally again, it all almost instantly goes away, and i feel fine again. my gym performance will lag about a day or two behind my "refeeds".

so i think you're right. i think a "refeed" is probably necessary here.

bl1tzkr13g
12-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Agreed. You need to eat more if you still want the gains. If you're still looking for weightloss, attempt to maintain the lifting you're already doing and keep the current diet.

Feed the body according to what you want to accomplish.