PDA

View Full Version : Backlash from this failed trade.

USAviator
12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
How will the respective teams handle the backlash from this failed trade. All those guys, Odom, Pau, K-Mart, Luis Scola, Dragic know they were going to be traded, now they are just supposed to go back to doing everything they can to win with the team they have?

I can imaging a convo. "Hey Kevin, Daryl Morey here, we are really sorry we tried to trade you, we hope you still feel like we love you and don't want to replace you." Kevin"Oh no problem I'm just glad I didn't have to go to New Orleans."

But Seriously, this is fuked.

reLaxx1
12-08-2011, 11:18 PM
How will the respective teams handle the backlash from this failed trade. All those guys, Odom, Pau, K-Mart, Luis Scola, Dragic know they were going to be traded, now they are just supposed to go back to doing everything they can to win with the team they have?

I can imaging a convo. "Hey Kevin, Daryl Morey here, we are really sorry we tried to trade you, we hope you still feel like we love you and don't want to replace you." Kevin"Oh no problem I'm just glad I didn't have to go to New Orleans."

But Seriously, this is fuked.Um, players knowing they are about to be traded/wanted to be traded is nothing new...

jacketfan
lol, rocks gm should be fired. would of made his team worse both in short an dlong run. and also, made sure a western conference rival would be great in the near future and likely long term.

TaeBoNinja
The backlash is that no one west of Texas will watch the NBA anymore.

Enjoy the NBA ramming the Heat/Bulls down your throats for the next decade. Goodnight sweet ratings

DR225
12-08-2011, 11:19 PM
It honestly isn't that big a deal...The most used phrase when talking about the nfl is that it's a business first and foremost. If you shut it down, all you do is hurt yourself when it comes to the next opportunity/contract.

carlos71786
12-08-2011, 11:20 PM
i think a heart felt "JK" is in order

USAviator
12-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Um, players knowing they are about to be traded/wanted to be traded is nothing new...

I know that, but you could this was a larger scale that an average trade proposal, a lot of people who were told they were a part of the future now feel betrayed. I know its a business and this stuff happens, just such an awkward situation for all because of how blown out of proportion it really is.

Yeahbudday
12-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Morey has stated numerous times that everybody on the roster is tradeable

ChoChoSam
12-08-2011, 11:51 PM
lol, rocks gm should be fired. would of made his team worse both in short an dlong run. and also, made sure a western conference rival would be great in the near future and likely long term.

No they most likely would have gotten more cap space and signed another big man to play along gasol, perhaps either gasol's brother or nene. This would still make them a contender in the west with a backcourt similar to the backcourt la had the past couple years.

ElMariachi
12-08-2011, 11:53 PM
The backlash is that no one west of Texas will watch the NBA anymore.

Enjoy the NBA ramming the Heat/Bulls down your throats for the next decade. Goodnight sweet ratings

Strong drama queen bro. About 99% of the people west of Texas won't give a single ****. 6 months from now this **** will be forgotten about.