PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Tebowism

12-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Saw on ESPN the other day a question posed to someone of, "If Tebow makes the Playoffs does he deserve MVP?"

lol. Is this reality? How is that even a serious question?

anonymous123
12-06-2011, 07:37 AM
agreed

because the answer is yes

mrawdtsi
12-06-2011, 07:37 AM
i dont watch sports center anymore just because im sick of the amount of coverage this tard gets.

decline
12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Makes me laugh evrytime. Worst thing is to start getting mad at him tho. Don't hate the player hate the media.

12-06-2011, 07:46 AM
agreed

Tebowism is a disease of the mind.

Murph0408
12-06-2011, 07:56 AM
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/11/xlarge_41f119e4ba5e7b3a1a704707394e6816.jpg

efoi
12-06-2011, 08:45 AM
agreed

this

lsiberian
12-06-2011, 08:49 AM
If they make the playoffs I think he's gotta get some credit. He may not win pretty, but he does win.

BullStampede
12-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Thats what you get for watching ESPN OP. no sympathy here.

Fastforward7
12-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Truth. Plus do you guys really not have anything else to get upset about?

fly4navy117
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_fuego/2011/11/tim-tebow-inspires-broncos-with-pre-game-speech.html

We know the infatuation with Tim Tebow can be annoying. Hey, it even seems to bother John Elway, who happens to be the vice-president of the Denver Broncos.

Tebow Time seems to run 24-7, with non-stop updates.

The latest twist and turn in Tebowmania:

The Promise Speech, part two (an abridged version).

Broncos coach John Fox asked Tebow to address the team the night before the Broncos faced the San Diego Chargers Sunday afternoon, according to the Denver Post.

Tebow’s message was short and sweet: Proverbs 27:17: “Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens nother.”

“It was a huge honor,” Tebow said. “I just tried to share from the heart.”

The message obviously resonated with his teammates. “I’ve never seen a human who can will himself to win like that,” Denver linebacker Von Miller said. “He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that’s totally true. He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap.”

Indeed it was. The Broncos beat the Chargers in overtime and are now 5-1 with Tim Tebow as a starter.

People can rip Tebow all they want. The bottom line is that the Broncos are winning and his teammates believe.

Of course, most fans remember the Tebow lore of his “Promise” speech after the University of Florida lost, 31-30, to Ole Miss in 2008. Florida went on to win the rest of their games and their third national championship.

Stay tuned folks.

Love this guy.

Bucher15
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Who cares, whoever wins the AFC West is just lunch meat for the Steelers who will be sitting in that #5 wild card spot.

Tes45
12-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Who cares, whoever wins the AFC West is just lunch meat for the Steelers who will be sitting in that #5 wild card spot.

Tebow gonna roll the Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, and Packers on his way to the Lombardi Trophy presentation brah

BigKoKbrah
12-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Honestly, I'm really rootin for the guy. His teammates believe in him and they're winning, that's pretty much all there is to it

Beliedat
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm tired of it because no one talks about how my team is doing, just the QB. The 'Who's Starting to Hate John Elway' thread is an example of tebowmania making people retarded.

anonymous123
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm tired of it because no one talks about how my team is doing, just the QB. The 'Who's Starting to Hate John Elway' thread is an example of tebowmania making people retarded.

Denver Broncos? More like the Tim Tebow Tim Tebows

Ecnewyx
12-06-2011, 10:08 AM

Yeah, you definitely never hear about Von Miller beasting or the Denver defense on that beast mode. The media is infatuated with the defensive players from the uh wait ESPN never talks about defensive linemen unless they're on some record-setting pace.

ESPN likes to talk about:

1. QBs
2. NFL players in trouble.
3. NFL teams with record-setting/breaking streaks.

jross2021
12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
What'd they start? 1-4, 1-5? If they make the playoffs he's obviously the Most Valuable Player, stats only go so far, I don't see how you're even questioning this? Without him, they end up 3-13.. deal with it.

Beliedat
12-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Denver Broncos? More like the Tim Tebow Tim Tebows
No kidding.

Dynamiik
12-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Tebow gonna roll the Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, and Packers on his way to the Lombardi Trophy presentation brah

You can always dream.
I didnt like Tebow at all at first but he kinda grew on me but come on this sh*t is going too far.

Budly69
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah, you definitely never hear about Von Miller beasting or the Denver defense on that beast mode. The media is infatuated with the defensive players from the uh wait ESPN never talks about defensive linemen unless they're on some record-setting pace.

ESPN likes to talk about:

1. QBs
2. NFL players in trouble.
3. NFL teams with record-setting/breaking streaks.

It bothers the hell out of me too but you cant fault ESPN for sticking to those story lines, its what the viewers can understand. If ESPN actually had analysts that knew a thing or two about the game AND went as far to do some in depth breakdown of the game, ESPN's rating would plummet. Joe Schmoe doesnt know sh!t about the game of football but is in love with the story lines/drama that is the modern day NFL.

Crobroh
12-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Broncos fan for over 10 years and from Florida checking in.

Tebow's fanbase are the most obnoxious of any sport period

NeoKantian
12-06-2011, 12:09 PM
What'd they start? 1-4, 1-5? If they make the playoffs he's obviously the Most Valuable Player, stats only go so far, I don't see how you're even questioning this? Without him, they end up 3-13.. deal with it.
Nope. Rodgers is the leading candidate. If he continues the way he does I really don't see how he cannot get the MVP.

Cinderblock
12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
he sure is one versatile fullback.

Beliedat
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
he sure is one versatile fullback.
10 TDs 1 Pick
http://i.imgur.com/Ai0hM.gif

PumpAndGrow
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I hope NBC sports will be better. However I doubt it. They will show what people want to see. Lets face it, Tebow and the broncos are one of the hottest topics in the nfl.

Listen to the storyline.

Everyone said tebow will fail to win games. hes 6-1.

Broncos were all but eliminated from the playoffs at 1-4 and only getting worse. Now #1 in the AFC west

Tebow maniacs.

Elway not praising tebow

and so on.

lsiberian
12-06-2011, 01:36 PM

I would love this. With as much hate as he gets it would make for a fun off season.

21Classic
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Its called 'Tebowism" or Teslam for some.

DNR, OP is just confused right now. There are no Tebowists in Foxholes.

BFast55
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OlFAkBE0a2Y/SwNdkp_LQmI/AAAAAAAAA74/4-fSoWqqgL4/s1600/tebow+costume.jpg

rampagefc77
12-06-2011, 02:54 PM

He is averaging less PPG than orton, has the lowest completion percentage in the league at 48%, and had 1 first down (on a penalty) in the first half last game, going on to beat a vikings team that has like 2 wins without AP...

What he is doing is game managing and not messing up, not winning games, which is the defense. The defense last week caused a turnover in the redzone, they had a pick that led to a TD, and a pick late that led to the final FG. That wasn't tebows doing.

Jayson01
12-06-2011, 03:02 PM
SportsCenter has a 1 hour thing on Tebow tomorrow (srs).

Thanks, ESPN for reminding me why the only thing I watch on ur channel is MNF and 30 for 30.

And this is coming from someone who likes Tebow.

iamgenus
12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Don't know how anyone could hate Tim Tebow.

Who cares how the media hypes him up? What is he supposed to do, start sucking on purpose?

Gator286
12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
He is averaging less PPG than orton, has the lowest completion percentage in the league at 48%, and had 1 first down (on a penalty) in the first half last game, going on to beat a vikings team that has like 2 wins without AP...

What he is doing is game managing and not messing up, not winning games, which is the defense. The defense last week caused a turnover in the redzone, they had a pick that led to a TD, and a pick late that led to the final FG. That wasn't tebows doing.

- "He" had 1 first down? They didn't call any pass plays. Look at the second half.
- He didn't win the game last week? Please...like they could've won without his passing.
- The defense sucked all game last week, don't act like they're the reason they won the game. The late game pick was more of a fluke than the norm

NeoKantian
12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Does anyone else lol when Tebow goes to throw because it looks like he is winding up and it takes forever?

Dynamiik
12-07-2011, 12:45 AM
- "He" had 1 first down? They didn't call any pass plays. Look at the second half.
- He didn't win the game last week? Please...like they could've won without his passing.
- The defense sucked all game last week, don't act like they're the reason they won the game. The late game pick was more of a fluke than the norm

So...you're telling me that if the broncos Defense didnt get that final pick the Vikings still would've lost?..and you're also telling me that tebow picked off that ball in the end?? please tell me because im pretty sure he doesnt play CB, Defense made that play and put tebow in position to win the game, I give all the credit to the broncos D they stepped up and made big plays in those games when they needed it, Disregard defense glory to the qb...ok

pitbull707
12-07-2011, 12:50 AM
with that logic Alex Smith gets MVP for going 5-1 this season (twice!) and making the playoffs... LOL

ComradePhelix
12-07-2011, 01:34 AM
So...you're telling me that if the broncos Defense didnt get that final pick the Vikings still would've lost?..and you're also telling me that tebow picked off that ball in the end?? please tell me because im pretty sure he doesnt play CB, Defense made that play and put tebow in position to win the game, I give all the credit to the broncos D they stepped up and made big plays in those games when they needed it, Disregard defense glory to the qb...okevery party in that game was terrible
****ty vikings offense doesnt have the one star player
****ty denver defense somehow still managed to give up a ton of yards to them
****ty vikings defense is so terrible that they actually made ****ty Tebow look like he can pass

J_L_R
12-07-2011, 05:21 AM
http://mixbird.com/news/images/1143_cover.jpg

mtomjr14
12-07-2011, 05:28 AM
http://www.onlygators.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/TebowCenterF.png

Today at 2

DoubtErased
12-07-2011, 06:11 AM
I hope most of you are trollin...MVP...? You cant be serious

Nevermind the fact that a great QB has a team sitting at 12-0

NJLife
12-07-2011, 06:20 AM

did u even see the jets game. im pretty sure tebow did everything on that last drive.

and on a side note, I think they should rename the team to the Denver Tebows !!!!

Scorer
12-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Strawman thread, nobody seriously believes Tebow deserves the MVP

BunkMoreland
12-07-2011, 06:46 AM
DneHIDDFMpY

jld010
12-07-2011, 07:22 AM
It all started on that Draft night when Kiper, Carter and that other tall phaggot receiver started dissing Tebow and then some, then overboard, then said that he WILL FAIL!!!! and he will amount to nothing, and that hes not a QB, and they went on and on and on.... then other analysts continued with all that. Then came Hoge with that Twitter mess. Hoge launched into him, unprovoked with real venom. Its now an underdog story, maybe one of the true and greatest underdog stories of our generation. Tebow is succeeding, hes getting better, hes a rookie. Most ppl want to see an underdog come through and prove the naysayers wrong. Have never witnessed such emotion from fans and critics when the topic of a sportsman comes up. Never ever! Look, im a football fan, and a Tebow Fan, however i do think its getting a bit much.

milkman04
12-07-2011, 08:04 AM
DneHIDDFMpY

Jerry Rice has spoken

Milo3
12-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't care what people say, if Denver make the playoffs the MVP award should go to Tebow srs.

Remember how badly Denver sucked before Tebow became the starting QB? Yes, the defense has stepped up but i'm not so sure that offense would have any spine if Orton was still playing and I really doubt they'd be 7-5 with Orton.

He would of revolutionised the Denver Donkeys, a hopeless team going nowhere into the Denver Broncos who could very well make the playoffs. That's far more significant than what Rodgers has done. His team were already Super Bowl champs and people expected them to go far again this season.

nohcOR
12-07-2011, 08:24 AM
i dont watch sports center anymore just because im sick of the amount of coverage this tard gets.

SportsCenter has a 1 hour thing on Tebow tomorrow (srs).

Thanks, ESPN for reminding me why the only thing I watch on ur channel is MNF and 30 for 30.

And this is coming from someone who likes Tebow.

http://www.onlygators.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/TebowCenterF.png

Today at 2

http://i.imgur.com/LvnKY.jpg

Taken about 5 minutes ago on SC.

Beliedat
12-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't care what people say, if Denver make the playoffs the MVP award should go to Tebow srs.
If Denver wins out, and rodgers dies in a plane accident I could see this happening.

KuE
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.communityjournal.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/GBQB-Aaron-Rogers.jpg

Austanian
12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Rodgers deserves it, but Tebow is very important to this team.