PDA

View Full Version : help for calculating daily calorie needs for a teen. (srs)

spartanftw
12-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Im 15 yrs old 5"10
190lbs i've got a moderate metabolism.
But my strength is not high because i've never done any strength routines and I want to get the right kind of nutrition aspect before going into lifting.

I wan't to basically lose weight and I can't find out how to find my daily calorie needs i mean like is there a reliable calculator ? every calculator i've used shows me a different number. So if you guys could help me out i'd appreciate it very much.

jon1995
12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
the only reliable calculator is tracking what you eat for 2 weeks then observing how much weight you gained lost or didnt change

spartanftw
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
thx man ya i knew trial and error was the only way. I might as well read all the stickies again in this section

icall
12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133163973

You could start with "- 31 to 37 kcal/kg/day for those involved in light to moderate activity 3-5 x a week with moderately active lifestyles [14-16 kcal/ pound]"

At 190, the gives you 2660 calories. Subtract 500 calories for a 1lb/week loss. So start with around 2100 calories. Aim for 190gm protein as you'll most likely fall a little short. Fill the rest in with whatever you want.

Do this for 4 weeks. The first week, you should lose a lot of weight. The second week, you should stabilize a bit. By the third fourth and fifth week, you should be well into the diet. If you're not losing at least 1lb/week, either add cardio or subtract calories. Remember, 250 calories a day is 1/2 lb per week. Rinse and repeat.

The more weight you lose per week, the higher the percentage of that weight will be from lean body mass (muscle).

To lose weight, either eat less or do more cardio. You decide. A combination of eating less and a little cardio or a lot of cardio and eating more.

Cardio and calorie cutting effects the amount of weight you lose. Weight lifting while cutting will help preserve the muscle you have. Try to lift with more than 65% of the weight you can lift one time.

Good luck!