PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss Program: Recommended Calorie Intake Leaves Me Too Full?

mikeytags
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Today is my first day following the fat-loss program on this website (nutrition and exercise). I'll be doing a modified excercise routine consisting of 3 days lifting, 2 days cardio, and 2 days rest (alternating), and trying to follow the calorie calculator recommendations for my weight. I've treid many diets in the past and am trying to "do right" this time. Slow and steady, calories out > calories in, etc.

Here are my stats:

Male
30yo
234lbs
5'11"

According to the calorie calculator for my weight, I need to consume 3000 calories per day on this program in order to lose weight healthily. I'm having a real hard time eating 3000 calories HEALTHILY (vs. junk food) and am feeling extremely full. Here's what I've had so far today:

BREAKFAST
2 whole hard boiled eggs
4 additional egg whites
1 container greek yogurt mixed with 1 package oatmeal
1 Grande Starbucks drip coffee with 3 splenda and a splash of whole milk

MORNING SNACK
2 Tbsp peanut butter on 2 slices of whole grain bread
1 banana

LUNCH
Turkey wrap with the following ingredients:
1 large whole wheat tortilla wrap
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of carrots
1/4 cucumber
100 calorie avocado spread / guacamole
4oz sara lee low-sodium turkey breast

I started this at 8:30am and barely was able to finish lunch at 3:30pm. I can't even think about what's left for afternoon snack and dinner.

EDIT: I am also drinking water consistently throughout the day, and my job is stationary at a desk.

First workout is in about an hour, today is back and biceps plus light cardio.

On the plus side, my metabolism and energy feels really high, and I'm hoping this gives me energy needed for my workout, followed by a nice 8 hours of sleep tonight.

Just wanted someone's opinion... am I don't this right and is this normal? Will the fullness subside as I start working out and burning the calories, or am i way off-base?

Thanks for the input.
-Mike

Xfaxtor
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
This is how it feels when you are eating nutrient dense whole food compared to empty calories. Satiety is going to kick in hard. Youll get used to it