PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Diet for a healthy lifestyle?

hitchafide
11-23-2011, 02:25 PM
My current lifestyle is very similar to following: I'm being active for 6 days our of the week. Mostly I run, do tons of calisthenics, ruck marches, bike through some trails, surf. etc etc. You get the picture. I'm an endurance athlete.

But the more I read about this Warrior diet, the more I realize it could be perfect for my life style. However, I have a few questions.

Could I gain some muscle and stay lean while doing only 1 meal a day plan?

I've also read that if you want to gain muscle you should overeat 3-4 times a week and under eat 2-3 times a week. But could this be strictly for the body building type person?

Post your thoughts

J_dazzle23
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
My current lifestyle is very similar to following: I'm being active for 6 days our of the week. Mostly I run, do tons of calisthenics, ruck marches, bike through some trails, surf. etc etc. You get the picture. I'm an endurance athlete.

But the more I read about this Warrior diet, the more I realize it could be perfect for my life style. However, I have a few questions.

Could I gain some muscle and stay lean while doing only 1 meal a day plan?

I've also read that if you want to gain muscle you should overeat 3-4 times a week and under eat 2-3 times a week. But could this be strictly for the body building type person?

Post your thoughts

If you are an endurance athlete, that alone is reason enough to eat more than once per day. the overeating thing and undereating thing is rubbish. Also, dont expect to gain much muscle if all you are doing is cardio. You need to hit the weights if you want to gain muscle.

chickeneater
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
As far as your title is concerned, yeah WD is great for health.

For gaining muscle and staying lean read some of the stickies, and yes one meal a day is fine. 2-10 meals is fine too.

WonderPug
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Good luck with your 2012 hunting and gathering goals.

P.S. You should really checkout the new subforum here that's dedicated to the Warrior Diet.

hitchafide
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
thanks for the input fellas, will do some more research.

chickeneater
11-23-2011, 05:19 PM
p.s. You should really checkout the new subforum here that's dedicated to the warrior diet.
WhAT!?!?!?!

WonderPug
11-23-2011, 05:27 PM
WhAT!?!?!?!There's also the new subforum on Eat Stop Eat.

SimonThePieman
11-23-2011, 05:59 PM
I found WD went terrible with an athletic lifestyle. Fine with weights, awful with regular cardio, see what works for you.

As previously said, lifting weights will give you muscle with the correct diet supporting it. A diet is an eating protocol, the foods consumed within it make the difference.

I'd also advise leangains.com over the WD is allows more flexibility with less BS