PDA

View Full Version : Fish Oil vs Flaxseed Oil

stacks617
11-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Just went to my local Vitamin World yesterday and was looking at Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil supplements. Noticed the Fish Oil's only had Omega-3's, where the Flaxseed Oil's had 3, 6, and 9 Omegas, so I bought that. They're cold-pressed gels, looks like its pretty good. Did I make the right choice?

Siafu4Life
11-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Just went to my local Vitamin World yesterday and was looking at Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil supplements. Noticed the Fish Oil's only had Omega-3's, where the Flaxseed Oil's had 3, 6, and 9 Omegas, so I bought that. They're cold-pressed gels, looks like its pretty good. Did I make the right choice?

This thread ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139920923 <--- that was created yesterday, may be able to assist you.

snorkelman
11-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Personally, I don't get why you'd want to take 3X the flax to receive less benefit from the fish oil...

Here is Will Brink's discussion on this issue:

yYKP-FEXh3w

PuZo
11-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Most Americans get enough Omega 6/9's from their diet. Not only that, as snorkle mentioned above, the conversion of ALA(omega 3's in Flax) to EPA/DHA(Fish oil omega 3's) is terrible.