PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody truly believe Clay Matthews is natty?

4backcracks
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I feel like we can have this conversation with some degree of intelligence here, unlike in the civilian populace where anybody who actually changes their body is suspect.

If some random member of the misc showed you before and afters, where he was 160 as a high school senior and 240 lbs at single percent bodyfat just 4 years later wouldnt you challenge if he was natty? Do you really believe he gained 80lbs of pure muscle naturally in 4 years?

http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/clay-matthewsjpg-3af5024646991876.jpg

must be dat muscle milk

brb_ballin
11-22-2011, 04:45 PM
look at the numbers.... 6' 3'' 160 in highschool he has a large enough frame that in 4 years of work its not totally unreasonable... he would of been a rail at 160 so starting from scratch yes i think its possible he did it naturally.

4backcracks
11-22-2011, 04:49 PM
If I cared about reps I wouldnt make threads about how Suh is a dirty player and how Clay is on gear.

Notice to Detroit and Green Bay fan boys: my green pixels dont really matter to me.

brb_ballin
11-22-2011, 04:50 PM
If I cared about reps I wouldnt make threads about how Suh is a dirty player and how Clay is on gear.

Notice to Detroit and Green Bay fan boys: my green pixels dont really matter to me.

lol who you talking to? im the only that's posted in here and i didn't neg you..

4backcracks
11-22-2011, 04:51 PM
lol who you talking to? im the only that's posted in here and i didn't neg you..

i got negged twice by people who didnt even post

Evolutionary1
11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
depends on bf%, i don't think he is in the single digits so it might be possible

ESPforMe
11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Well I doubt it just because it would kinda dumb to stay natty if everyone else gets away with using stuff. I don't know why people name him first as a PED user though. The first Clay Matthews who played in 40s-50s was about that size, Clay's dad Clay Jr was what 250? Bruce was like 300 something, his brother is what 230? So it's not like he comes from a family of small skinny dudes.

Ralph Wiggum
11-22-2011, 04:54 PM
depends on bf%, i don't think he is in the single digits so it might be possible

yeah.. no way he is single digit bf

ToPHeR35
11-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Good genes...

DesmondHume
11-22-2011, 04:59 PM
OP's the biggest GB hater on this forum. We gonna act like Vince Wilfork is natty? He was 9 lbs at birth. You think it's possible for him to gain 380 lbs?

4backcracks
11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
no? look at the separations in his biceps and even his triceps in the picture in my OP. and it's not like that picture was taken in a photoshoot, it was taken in the middle of a game.

Well I doubt it just because it would kinda dumb to stay natty if everyone else gets away with using stuff. I don't know why people name him first as a PED user though. The first Clay Matthews who played in 40s-50s was about that size, Clay's dad Clay Jr was what 250? Bruce was like 300 something, his brother is what 230? So it's not like he comes from a family of small skinny dudes.
- he's exceptionally ripped, even by NFL standards
- he came out of nowhere! he went from Special Teams player his first 3 years at USC to an NFL Pro Bowler and DPOY candidate.
- He was known to be close to Brian Cushing, who also came seemingly from nowhere and who was effective caught flushing out steroids using a diuretic

4backcracks
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
OP's the biggest GB hater on this forum. We gonna act like Vince Wilfork is natty? He was 9 lbs at birth. You think it's possible for him to gain 380 lbs?

you are probably the most inept debater in this forum who is still green. How about you present an actual argument for once?

LanceStone
11-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Doubt it, almost all the players in the NFL are on something

stevedarsh
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
i dont believe he is natty, the similarities and association with cushing are too obvious

theACEofSPADES
11-22-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure, he does have really good genetics, could have been a "late bloomer"? Also keep in mind at a school like USC they have access to the top trainers and nutritionist around the country, not to mention free supps. They dont have to pay for shiit.

But it wouldnt surprise me either way.

Fabs23
11-22-2011, 05:18 PM
I feel like we can have this conversation with some degree of intelligence here, unlike in the civilian populace where anybody who actually changes their body is suspect.

If some random member of the misc showed you before and afters, where he was 160 as a high school senior and 240 lbs at single percent bodyfat just 4 years later wouldnt you challenge if he was natty? Do you really believe he gained 80lbs of pure muscle naturally in 4 years?

http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/clay-matthewsjpg-3af5024646991876.jpg

must be dat muscle milk

its not the above pic that makes me think he isnt natty its the below pic

http://www.almightyphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/claymatthews.jpg

at the same time I dont think he's gassed to the gills, he clearly comes from a strong gene pool seeing who is pops is. He's had some help for sure probably using some combo of Win or Stan, Var, Test and or growth inseason.

_Translucency
11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Would I be surprised if he was? No.
Would I be surprised if he wasn't? No.

BNR
11-22-2011, 05:35 PM
don't know but he busted his ass as a walk-on so you know he's a hard worker. Put his work ethic and the luxury of having nothing but the best and time to train, I wouldn't be surprised if he was natty.

ne12o
11-22-2011, 05:43 PM
magine casey matthews after the bike

MA5Bergey
11-22-2011, 07:03 PM
20 lbs a year with the best training facilities and trainers and atmosphere and unlimited food is not unreasonable. I'm not saying he didn't juice but I don't think there's any reason to think he definitely did.

laser23
11-22-2011, 07:11 PM
About 20% or more juice in college. He was good friends with Cushing while at SC. He ain't natty.

Love Pirate
11-22-2011, 07:15 PM
There is no way Matthews is natty. I made a thread a week ago about steroids in football and it got closed immediately. I was merely wondering about how common it is and which guys take what kinds of supplements. For example, Desean Jackson might be natty but Ray Lewis is obviously juicin' all the time. But when recovering from injuries... perhaps players like Desean use some sort of banned substances?

Does Tebow juice? lol

Love Pirate
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
About 20% or more juice in college. He was good friends with Cushing while at SC. He ain't natty.

I would bet its MUCH higher than 20%

EDIT: repped because I like to rep really new members

Fabs23
11-22-2011, 07:18 PM
I would bet its MUCH higher than 20%

EDIT: repped because I like to rep really new members

those guys pop var's like candy.

Budly69
11-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Guarantee he rides a bike. I'm no hater, I haven't done gear but I wish I had during my playing days, might have made the league. The fact of the matter is that if you don't juice the next guy in line will and he's going to be better than you. If I knew of a legit source I would probably be juicing as we type, there is no reason for it to be illegal. The NFL testing procedures are a joke, I would bet that 85-90% of players in the NFL juice in one way or another... But does it really matter?

laser23
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Infact that whole 08 Trojan team looked juiced up compared to the rest of the conference that year. Some of those guys were just monsters(Cushing, Matthews, Ellison, etc)

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 07:37 PM
hes not natty and that is the reason he is not a patriot

moetstylesbrah
11-22-2011, 07:38 PM
I heard Celtech is common in the NFL.. could be wrong

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 07:40 PM
20 lbs a year with the best training facilities and trainers and atmosphere and unlimited food is not unreasonable. I'm not saying he didn't juice but I don't think there's any reason to think he definitely did.

this happening for one year? sure

this happening for four years in a row? juice

kethnaab
11-22-2011, 08:07 PM
well, it's been at least 3 months since we've had this exact same moronic f'ing thread, so yeah, I guess we were due.

ne12o
11-22-2011, 08:10 PM
There is no way Matthews is natty. I made a thread a week ago about steroids in football and it got closed immediately. I was merely wondering about how common it is and which guys take what kinds of supplements. For example, Desean Jackson might be natty but Ray Lewis is obviously juicin' all the time. But when recovering from injuries... perhaps players like Desean use some sort of banned substances?

Does Tebow juice? lol
Tebow drinks holy water.
DeSean jackson is 175lbs... lol.

DesmondHume
11-23-2011, 01:32 PM
you are probably the most inept debater in this forum who is still green. How about you present an actual argument for once?

The point is, why do you have to go singling out Clay Matthews? Oh, it's because he's on by far the best team in the league and he's one of the best pass rushers in the league. And he doesn't happen to be on your favorite team.

Everyone likes to think that they'd be just as good as the best if they juiced (NFL, powerlifting, bodybuilding, etc) but the fact of the matter is that you have to have the genetics and the work ethic as well.

I lift with a guy who has the world record bench press for his weight class. You have no idea how many people downplay his accomplishments due to him juicing. 99.99% of the people in the world couldn't take enough juice to lift as heavy as he does, yet everyone thinks it's just the juice and that they'd be there too if they did what he did.

well, it's been at least 3 months since we've had this exact same moronic f'ing thread, so yeah, I guess we were due.

Exactly.

Acal83
11-23-2011, 02:10 PM
The point is, why do you have to go singling out Clay Matthews? Oh, it's because he's on by far the best team in the league and he's one of the best pass rushers in the league. And he doesn't happen to be on your favorite team.

Everyone likes to think that they'd be just as good as the best if they juiced (NFL, powerlifting, bodybuilding, etc) but the fact of the matter is that you have to have the genetics and the work ethic as well.

I get what youre saying and I agree it is unfair to single out Clay Matthews. By the same token I think its unfair that people dismiss Cushing or Merriman as a "juicehead" while praising someone like matthews who just happens to be the same size. Do a lot of players take banned substances? Most assuredly, but we are the ones who want to see the bigger, stronger, faster players. And I lol at people like Joe Biden who think they missed a shot at the NFL or D1 football due to people who took steroids. You still have to be a phenomenal athlete.

Gator1010
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
packer brah checking in, i think there may be 5-10% of the league that IS natty