PDA

View Full Version : Bud Selig officially ruins baseball.

melanimal_old
11-22-2011, 10:38 AM
This new CBA is awful.

Added a new 1 game wild card. Horrid, random things happen enough in a 5 game series.
The draft is basically hard slotted now. Ruining small market teams chances to go over slot later.
Only can spend 2.5 million on international amateurs... racist.

among plenty others

frankbink5
11-22-2011, 10:52 AM
@jimcallisBA Jim Callis
By my calculations, TWENTY teams went 16% or more over slot this year, which would have triggered 100% tax & loss of two 1st-rders #mlbdraft

MLB will have no chance of getting those multi-sport athletes anymore

It is not just Seligs fault, MLBPA let this happen

Slacker4LiFe
11-22-2011, 11:07 AM
This fuking blows man, it looks like there wont ever be another dramatic end to the season like this year.

cor030
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
@jimcallisBA Jim Callis
By my calculations, TWENTY teams went 16% or more over slot this year, which would have triggered 100% tax & loss of two 1st-rders #mlbdraft

MLB will have no chance of getting those multi-sport athletes anymore

It is not just Seligs fault, MLBPA let this happen

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

so ****ing lame

cor030
11-22-2011, 11:18 AM
apparently you can trade international money

"JeffPassan

For example: Worst team in baseball gets $5M to spend internationally. If team doesn't want to spend it all, it can trade $ to another team."

just glad the Nationals went big these last two drafts(spending wise) before this new CBA. such, ****ing, bull****.

cor030
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
MLB: All international amateur players must register with the scouting bureau to be eligible to sign. Top 100 prospects subject to drug test

http://twitter.com/#!/benbadler

So basically, if you find an international guy, he has to register, sharing his name with everyone. Great.

http://twitter.com/#!/Kevin_Goldstein

hahahahahaha, wow

I'm reading the cliffs on this **** and it's ****ing hilarious(in a bad way).

ZakNasty
11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
The thing thats pissing me off the most is the tobacco bans... no more dipping for players

Mac_xX
11-22-2011, 12:09 PM
The thing thats pissing me off the most is the tobacco bans... no more dipping for players

No, they just can't keep it in their pockets and they can't do it while being interviewed, I believe.

thegenerel
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
yay for being a Pirates fan!

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
This fuking blows man, it looks like there wont ever be another dramatic end to the season like this year.how anyone can have anything against the one game playoff is against me. will make for one day of awesome tv

TheBateman
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM
yay for being a Pirates fan!

not sure if srs

Mac_xX
11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
how anyone can have anything against the one game playoff is against me. will make for one day of awesome tv

This

it's pretty much what happened this year, except now every year.

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
This

it's pretty much what happened this year, except now every year.

not to mention winning your division now will actually mean something

Fr33way
11-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Let's not forget banning dip cans. Nonsense.

lsiberian
11-22-2011, 01:04 PM
It's too late to say this. He's done far worse to baseball than this.

1. Trying to implement salary cap leading to strike that nearly killed sport
2. Moving his brewers to the NL for expansion.
3. Realignment
4. Interleague play
5. All star game determining world series host.
6. Moving Astros to AL(yeah they have like 2 down years and they move the team away from all it's big rivals)
---
Honestly the playoffs should be 10 or 12 teams and the season 150 games. I see no reason to not expand the postseason more. That's where the ratings are.

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
It's too late to say this. He's done far worse to baseball than this.

1. Trying to implement salary cap leading to strike that nearly killed sport
2. Moving his brewers to the NL for expansion.
3. Realignment
4. Interleague play
5. All star game determining world series host.
6. Moving Astros to AL(yeah they have like 2 down years and they move the team away from all it's big rivals)
---
Honestly the playoffs should be 10 or 12 teams and the season 150 games. I see no reason to not expand the postseason more. That's where the ratings are.imagine if they cut the season down to 100 games? brb exciting as fuk

frankbink5
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM
not to mention winning your division now will actually mean something

That is the most important part, Wild Card teams have a big disadvantage now

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
That is the most important part, Wild Card teams have a big disadvantage nowmassive disadvantage. if they start their ace in the one game playoff they cant use him again for a while

lsiberian
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
imagine if they cut the season down to 100 games? brb exciting as fuk

It would be amazing.

frankbink5
11-22-2011, 01:22 PM
@dustinparkes Dustin Parkes
Highest spenders at the draft over last 5 yrs: PIT, WAS, KCR, BOS, BAL, TBR, TOR, SEA, SDP & ARI.

Good thing they are targeting these teams

F.A.M.E.
11-22-2011, 01:27 PM
The playoff format was good as it was. Fuk the one game playoff. Now some phaggy team with the 2nd best WC record can have a chance at makin' the playoffs when they should be at home watchin' the playoffs on TBS like the rest of us. SMFH. #YESMAD

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 01:28 PM
The playoff format was good as it was. Fuk the one game playoff. Now some phaggy team with the 2nd best WC record can have a chance at makin' the playoffs when they should be at home watchin' the playoffs on TBS like the rest of us. SMFH. #YESMADshutup you mindless kunt. in no way shape or form was it fair

lsiberian
11-22-2011, 01:29 PM
The playoff format was good as it was. Fuk the one game playoff. Now some phaggy team with the 2nd best WC record can have a chance at makin' the playoffs when they should be at home watchin' the playoffs on TBS like the rest of us. SMFH. #YESMAD

There have been so many playoffs for the WC it's probably better to get that money anyway.

Iczer
11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
@dustinparkes Dustin Parkes
Highest spenders at the draft over last 5 yrs: PIT, WAS, KCR, BOS, BAL, TBR, TOR, SEA, SDP & ARI.

Good thing they are targeting these teams

fml

here's hoping KC drafted good the last couples years or so and money was well spent as we're getting fuked now.

Wu-Massacre
11-22-2011, 01:57 PM
so this new extra wc prevents the sports misc from laughing at the red sox collapsing again?

Jyeatbvg
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
At first glance I like the changes, gjbud

thegenerel
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
At first glance I like the changes, gjbud

its good if you like a big market team

mj53son
11-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Making the playoffs use to mean something in MLB.....

magicmatt
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
so this new extra wc prevents the sports misc from laughing at the red sox collapsing again?
yes but it wont stop us all from laughing when the yankees get bounced in the first round again

Making the playoffs use to mean something in MLB.....kindly explain what you mean by this

DeeBO-
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
1 game playoff for WC boggles my mind

after a long ass 162 game season, you say here...your fate lies in this 1 game, good luck

dont like it but i also understand that there would scheduling conflicts if they made it longer

smh

Ralph Wiggum
11-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I like this. It just gives extra incentive for a team to actually win their division.

Ralph Wiggum
11-22-2011, 03:49 PM
That is the most important part, Wild Card teams have a big disadvantage now

Yes, this is fantastic. Love this! Fukin WC teams were practically rewarded in the divisional round in previous years.

Ralph Wiggum
11-22-2011, 03:50 PM
shutup you mindless kunt. in no way shape or form was it fair

to make it even more fair, they should make the divisional series 7 games.

evilsteve02
11-22-2011, 03:58 PM
This new CBA is awful.

Added a new 1 game wild card. Horrid, random things happen enough in a 5 game series.
The draft is basically hard slotted now. Ruining small market teams chances to go over slot later.
Only can spend 2.5 million on international amateurs... racist.
among plenty others

We don't really know much about the wild card thing yet (for example; it might just be a 1 game play in...which i don't like)...so i am on hold for that

everything else is stupid. Instead of just making a draft salary cap (meaning pick one can only get X, pick 2 gets X-X and so on)....they made it so you can basically can't sign all of your draft picks (which is what mid-small market teams need to do to compete)....

Essentially they made it so the big market clubs are going to be able to win more often and the small/mid market teams are ****ed now even more...

well done Bud...ya ****

WheyneNewton
11-22-2011, 04:03 PM
changes to the draft will ruin baseball in 5-10 years. all the multi sport players will sign to play other sports for more up front money.

TheDudeAbides34
11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I can't stand Bud...I think he officially fuked things up awhile ago.

MA5Bergey
11-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I honestly like the new wild card set up. The rest of it blows though.

Only problem I could see happening with the new wild card though is that it'll just be the Sox, Yankees, and Rays every year anyway.

But Selig ruined baseball when he made the All Star game count for home field advantage.

BullStampede
11-22-2011, 06:26 PM
There is so much wrong with baseball.

My Rays and Marlins gon get piitb'd. fml

mj53son
11-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes, this is fantastic. Love this! Fukin WC teams were practically rewarded in the divisional round in previous years.

Honestly it doesn't change much as far as the divisional round. The WC team who wins that 1 game playoff will have just as much momentum as ever heading in to the divisional series now. It almost makes it even more unfair for the division winner who has to play the winner of that 1 game playoff.

The WC has already proven how momentum can factor in to short 5 game series. MLB just made it even worse.

cor030
11-22-2011, 10:32 PM
changes to the draft will ruin baseball in 5-10 years. all the multi sport players will sign to play other sports for more up front money.

THIS.

I honestly don't give a single **** about the wild card ****. It actually seems pretty interesting. Moving the draft signing deadline up a month is also a fantastic change.

My BIGGEST issue is with the changes to the draft. It especially ****s the Nationals, who have been like the 2nd biggest spenders in the draft in the past two years. It's allowed them to rejuvenate a PATHETIC farm system and turn it into an (arguably) top 5 system. That's gone. The talent pool in baseball is going to be completely **** in 10 years as you said, and it is going to have a seriously (bad) impact on baseball in the long run.

liftinforbroads
11-22-2011, 10:54 PM
fml

here's hoping KC drafted good the last couples years or so and money was well spent as we're getting fuked now.

Moustakas is a bust - He will be in Omaha next year.