PDA

View Full Version : I will now give the R/P forum a history lesson on Zuccotti "Park"

bcop
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
In 1968, the US Steel Corporation wanted to build a building in lower Manhattan. Problem was, their building violated NYC zoning for that neighborhood. They asked for an exemption, and the city granted them one, provided that they allocate a small strip of land that they owned next to the building as a "Privately Owned Public Space", a property category unique to NYC. This park was then named "Liberty Plaza Park" and the building built by US Steel was known as "1 Liberty Plaza".

In 2006, an EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL corporation called Brookfield Properties bought "1 Liberty Plaza" and "Liberty Plaza Park", and used its own money to renovate "Liberty Plaza Park". To show gratitude to this EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL corporation for fixing a public space with its own money when it didn't have to, NYC allowed Brookfield to rename the park Zuccotti, after Brookfield's chairman at that time, John E. Zuccotti.

As mentioned earlier, Zuccotti Park is not a park, but a "Privately Owned Public Space", or POPS. The NYC rules for a POPS require that the owners allow people to be their during normal daytime hours, but could make ANY OTHER RULES THAT THEY WANT, INCLUDING NO MUSIC, NO CAMPING, NO PROTESTING, ECT.

In truth the OWS people would have been kicked out earlier, but when Brookfield first asked the NYPD to do so, influential NYC politicians convinced Brookfield to back down. And they did for a few more weeks. In truth, Brookfield would have been justified in hiring a blackwater-type firm to kick them out person by person, but it was cheaper to use the NYPD, since technically the OWS people were trespassers, since they were camping out there 24/7, which were against the POPS rules.

In conclusion, Zuccotti "Park" was not a park. And the OWS people were breaking the rules of this POPS, and were therefore trespassing.

I am now preparing to be negged by the R/P libs who can't take the blinding light of truth that I am shining at them.

leafs43
11-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Why do you hate protesting?

bcop
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Why do you hate protesting?

I don't hate protesting. But I don't like protesters who don't follow important rules, like "don't trespass on private property".

Edit: Also, I don't agree with the aims of the OWS movement, if you are curious.

leafs43
11-21-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't hate protesting. But I don't like protesters who don't follow important rules, like "don't trespass on private property".

Edit: Also, I don't agree with the aims of the OWS movement, if you are curious.

Why do you hate poor people?

bcop
11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Why do you hate poor people?

I don't.

BruceBruce325
11-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Why do you hate poor people? why do poor people hate everyone but the poor?

bcop
11-21-2011, 04:37 PM
bumping to make sure that everyone reads this.

JB05
11-21-2011, 04:50 PM
You're expecting liberals to have any respect whatsoever for private property rights?

LOL

bcop
11-21-2011, 04:55 PM
You're expecting liberals to have any respect whatsoever for private property rights?

LOL

Yes.

DocHol1day
11-21-2011, 05:29 PM
why do poor people hate everyone but the poor?

Poor people of peace

fat2fit21
11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Peligion of Reace