PDA

View Full Version : OWS Portland violence

Jpenn89
11-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Alright OWS IS CLASSY we all know that. While on a break at work I came across tthis tidbit. The following video is a protestor PUNCHING a police horse in the face.

BR6Gos2phok

This was not self defense... but you can see the protestor maliciously attack the horse. Before the cries of brutality about the initial push by the officer, they were attempting to remove them from the TRAFFIC AREA ONLY so vehicles could get through and they were not cooperating. Of course he got pushed.

Defend this protestor and their actions.

Also WTF at the guy in the gas mask. Peaceful protestors don't (or shouldn't) wear gas masks.

Nott sure if repost.

DennisR1977
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Protest of peace. It's okay to be violent, and break laws, as long as you believe you're in the right!!!

1devil
Alright OWS IS CLASSY we all know that. While on a break at work I came across tthis tidbit. The following video is a protestor PUNCHING a police horse in the face.

BR6Gos2phok

This was not self defense... but you can see the protestor maliciously attack the horse. Before the cries of brutality about the initial push by the officer, they were attempting to remove them from the TRAFFIC AREA ONLY so vehicles could get through and they were not cooperating. Of course he got pushed.

Defend this protestor and their actions.

Also WTF at the guy in the gas mask. Peaceful protestors don't (or shouldn't) wear gas masks.

Nott sure if repost. I can't agree with that behavior. However, the occupy Portland has been generally very peaceful. Recently in a standoff with portland police a protester threw a firework at an officer. The rest of the crowed pushed the guy forward so that he could be arrested.

As far asa peacful protester needing to wear a gas mask, I think this clip shows that it might be a good idea:

]BjnR7xET7Uo

Tekkendo
GJ. ows mobs winning heart and mind in the USA. That ought to rally the public to their side. :rolleyes:

Jpenn89
11-21-2011, 01:43 PM
GJ. ows mobs winning heart and mind in the USA. That ought to rally the public to their side. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think that this is just one instance of ongoing OWS hostility towards law enforcement officers doing their jobs.

On another note, I find it funny that the police brutality posts blow up(most not all, of which aren't using excessive force) , but anything that paints the protestors in a negative light practically gets ignored.

US_Ranger
11-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah I think that this is just one instance of ongoing OWS hostility towards law enforcement officers doing their jobs.

On another note, I find it funny that the police brutality posts blow up(most not all, of which aren't using excessive force) , but anything that paints the protestors in a negative light practically gets ignored.

Is this real life?

Half the people on this goddam forum are talking about the police being justified for violently attacking peaceful protesters. You have people on major network news calling OWS lazy idiots who need a shower and a job. Now you're saying that they don't get painted in a negative light?

HOW THE FCK DO OTHERWISE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE USE SUCH MENTAL GYMNASTICS TO SAY SUCH STUPID FCKING THINGS IN HERE?

Do I do this? I hope not. If so, someone please point it out so I can bitch slap myself.

DiseasedScrotum
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Is this real life?

Half the people on this goddam forum are talking about the police being justified for violently attacking peaceful protesters. You have people on major network news calling OWS lazy idiots who need a shower and a job. Now you're saying that they don't get painted in a negative light?

HOW THE FCK DO OTHERWISE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE USE SUCH MENTAL GYMNASTICS TO SAY SUCH STUPID FCKING THINGS IN HERE?

Do I do this? I hope not. If so, someone please point it out so I can bitch slap myself.

Lol you are right on. I have just stopped getting involved in these discussions because you can't reason with some people. Some people in this thread are just f'ucking retarded...everyone knows it. Some otherwise smart people are just having a metal breakdown of some sort.

Whatever.

BruceBruce325
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
liberals being liberals

ksheab
11-21-2011, 02:27 PM
occupy weakness is great for losers. jpenn 89 and the classy remark made me crackle for half a second. u do have to be illegitimate and without a path in life to believe in the words or soros and unions, libs and fems.

unless, of course, needles drugs and rape reminds you of the worst in the history of mankind: the degenerates i call baby boomers. the ultimate losers in the history of the generations of mankind.

Kane_89
11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
This is why these protest are ****ing stupid. Get clubbed in the head, go back to your tent to blog about what happened...do it again tommorow. sooo wtf is getting done here? nothing lol. Start setting buildings on fire, take lobbyist hostage, kidnap politicians, blackmail corrupt CEO's, hack computers, sabotage operations. All this lollygagging is getting boring. And since when did conservatives become hippies? "omg, stop the violence guys, play nice, dont brake da rulez".

markymark69
11-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Nott sure if repost.

Would you like know how I know you are just 22yo?

BjnR7xET7Uo

The police are CLASSY we know that.

Jpenn89
11-21-2011, 02:38 PM

BjnR7xET7Uo

Errr... because it is in my stats.

But let's be cereal for a minute here. I really don't think any other protest in the modern day has had to use gas masks, And if, like a PP said, Portland has been relatively calm... what is the logic in wearing the mask if you don't intend to stir up trouble.

BruceBruce325
11-21-2011, 02:42 PM

BjnR7xET7Uo

The police are CLASSY we know that.

marky hates horses

markymark69
11-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Errr... because it is in my stats.

But let's be cereal for a minute here. I really don't think any other protest in the modern day has had to use gas masks, And if, like a PP said, Portland has been relatively calm... what is the logic in wearing the mask if you don't intend to stir up trouble.

lol. I was joking about your age. I didn't realize just how naive you are.
Go talk to your grandfather that served during the Vietnam draft.

Better yet....leave your white bread lifestyle and go talk to a black guy that grew up during the 60's. & 70's

As for the logic....what is the logic in pepper spraying peaceful , nonviolent protesters?.

Edit: I am not justiying what the protesters did I. Portland. I'm just loling at your naivete.

Tekkendo
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
liberals being liberals

more precisely, libtards gonna libtard.

ND32
11-21-2011, 03:23 PM
So to the pepper spray vids:

Officer says: Ladies and gentlemen, you are violating [insert law]. This is your opportunity to leave right now with no consequence. If you choose to stay, you will be arrested. If you choose to passively resist arrest, OC spray will be discharged on your face in accordance with our departmental use of force policy.

I support the 1st amendment, but do it within the stated rules and regulations.

Flakker
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
So to the pepper spray vids:

Officer says: Ladies and gentlemen, you are violating [insert law]. This is your opportunity to leave right now with no consequence. If you choose to stay, you will be arrested. If you choose to passively resist arrest, OC spray will be discharged on your face in accordance with our departmental use of force policy.

I support the 1st amendment, but do it within the stated rules and regulations.

Yeah. And that stupid Rosa Parks lady should've just moved to the back of the bus. Rules are rules.

1devil
11-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah. And that stupid Rosa Parks lady should've just moved to the back of the bus. Rules are rules. Yup, those civil rights workers deserved to have the dogs unleashed on them. Rules are rules.

NoobThumper
11-21-2011, 04:02 PM

And I don't think that cops should come to peaceful protests decked out in riot gear looking like they're ready for a war.

flairon
11-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah. And that stupid Rosa Parks lady should've just moved to the back of the bus. Rules are rules.
and when she didnt...what happened.

IAmBatman
11-21-2011, 04:14 PM
OP is fat..

At least my posts are based on facts...

Cookies of peace.

doobiebro
11-21-2011, 04:20 PM
and when she didnt...what happened.

She accepted her arrest like an adult.

Jpenn89
11-21-2011, 04:24 PM
She accepted her arrest like an adult.

Exactly. It is not comparable to what is going on here. No one will say that everything that OWS is against is crazy. The thing is though, they don't act like adults about it AND they slipped all their crazy **** into it and refuse to come up with a list of grievances or demands.

No one can defend violence. And responding to violence with violence is wrong on the police's part as well.

IAmBatman
11-21-2011, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=Jpenn89;785020793]

No one can defend violence. And responding to violence with violence is wrong on the police's part as well.[/QUOTE

As is police using violence to incite violence.

Holy ****. THIS DOOR SWINGS BOTH WAYS?!

Jpenn89
11-21-2011, 04:31 PM
As is police using violence to incite violence.

Holy ****. THIS DOOR SWINGS BOTH WAYS?!

Of course it does. There is no denying that both sides are wrong. The only innocent here is that poor horse :P