PDA

View Full Version : How much fat do I need?

KickAssDude01
11-21-2011, 12:08 PM
I really could not find the answer to this anywhere else for some reason.

How much good fat in grams do I need per day? I don't know if I'm getting too much or too little. I am trying to bulk. I am a guy (as my screen name would suggest). I weigh 170lbs and I am a hardgainer if that tells you anything. I basically want to insure I am getting an amount that will allow me to be healthy and grow muscle fast, but at the same time, I don't want to get fat either!! I'm not worried about getting ripped per se, but I've been eating alot lately and I want to keep the fat at a normal level.

Any input from experienced people would be greatly appreciated.

W.I.N.
11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I really could not find the answer to this anywhere else for some reason.

Seriously? I'd be willing to bet you didn't search at all. Look at the stickies.

Hint: macronutrient means carbs, protein and fat.

ironwill2008
11-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Start with a half-gram of fat per pound of body weight.

"Hardgainers" are self-proclaimed under-eaters. How do I know this, you ask? Because I used to label myself as one at one time.

Start here, and figure out a baseline from which to get you started eating correctly:

*Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

KickAssDude01
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Seriously? I'd be willing to bet you didn't search at all. Look at the stickies.

Hint: macronutrient means carbs, protein and fat.
Well you'd lose that bet because I searched quite a bit. I did find some information, but not exactly what I was looking for.

I said experienced people.

musikguy72
11-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Well you'd lose that bet because I searched quite a bit. I did find some information, but not exactly what I was looking for.

I said experienced people.

Sooooo, you're gonna ignore IronWills post that answers your question?

KickAssDude01
11-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Start with a half-gram of fat per pound of body weight.

"Hardgainers" are self-proclaimed under-eaters. How do I know this, you ask? Because I used to label myself as one at one time.

OK, thank you very much. This does help. That's the kind of answer I was looking for. I'll check that link now.

KickAssDude01
11-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Sooooo, you're gonna ignore IronWills post that answers your question?

Wow, I was already doing that when you posted, but I was having trouble posting for some reason.

thejuiceed
11-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Fat intake should be between 25-30 percent of your daily caloric intake IMO. This ensures adequacy, just make sure it comes from a variety of sources, meats, eggs, nuts, seeds, and oils.

psychodiver9
11-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Fat intake should be between 25-30 percent of your daily caloric intake IMO. This ensures adequacy, just make sure it comes from a variety of sources, meats, eggs, nuts, seeds, and oils.

No. It should be based .35 g per lb at a minimum not based on a stupid percentage