PDA

View Full Version : I REFUSE TO WATCH AN ALABAMA vs, LSU BCS Champ game!

gjo365days
11-18-2011, 08:55 PM
SRS!

I watched that CRAP once. NOT AGAIN!

http://cache.comcorpusa.com/465/0/crop/nbc33tv/media/sports/LSU_alabama.jpg

wildchild11
11-18-2011, 08:56 PM
it will be Oklahoma and LSU. put money on that.

jimbogr
11-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Five star thread

But i'll probably watch and fall asleep during halftime

WheyneNewton
11-18-2011, 08:57 PM
LSU/Houston duh.

gjo365days
11-18-2011, 08:58 PM
LSU/Houston duh.

oh? Right.... sorry! lol

jimbogr
11-18-2011, 08:58 PM
LSU/Houston duh.

Permaban me if that happens. Please.

tk217
11-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Permaban me if that happens. Please.

:rolleyes:

Won't happen.

Houston may well go to Sugar though. Looking forward to the Tulsa game. o.o;

h0t_sAuCe
11-18-2011, 09:00 PM
it will be Oklahoma and LSU. put money on that.

Not sure. If OSU won this game and was still #2 and then OU beat them, then yea I would put them in the BCS title game vs. LSU. But now that OSU lost and is ranked even lower when OU plays them really hurts. Really don't wanna see OU in a title game though, they never show up.

joebus36
11-18-2011, 09:03 PM
If LSU loses, does that give an undefeated Houston a shot at the national title?

fly4navy117
11-18-2011, 09:04 PM
OU vs LSU looks like the likely match up. Voters don't want to see rematches, so Alabama and Oregon are out assuming LSU wins out.

jimbogr
If LSU loses, does that give an undefeated Houston a shot at the national title?

Nope

Their schedule is just that pathetic

Hurricane99
SRS!

See ya next college football season!

And Oklahoma will NOT make the NC unless Bama and Oregon both lose one more time.

Losing to #1 ranked team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Losing to Texas Tech

gjo365days
11-18-2011, 09:08 PM

See ya next college football season!

Whats your point!?! Most real football fans in Canada follow US college football.

gjo365days
11-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I guess I cheer for Auburn on the 26th!

WHAT IF ARKANSAS BEATS LSU!?
hoping for some shakeups before bowl selections!

NextProtege
11-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Oregon deserves it

tk217
11-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Oregon deserves it

Why Oregon over Bama?

gjo365days
11-18-2011, 09:22 PM
it seems appropriate right now to say:

PLAYOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimbogr
11-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Why Oregon over Bama?

but...I'd rather see Oregon. It'd at least be an exciting game and they've improved a whole lot since they played LSU. Not to mention they took down Andrew Luck.

Bama's list of accomplishments include losing to LSU at home in overtime and beating a streaky Arkansas team.

tk217
11-18-2011, 09:28 PM

but...I'd rather see Oregon. It'd at least be an exciting game and they've improved a whole lot since they played LSU. Not to mention they took down Andrew Luck.

Bama's list of accomplishments include losing to LSU at home in overtime and beating a streaky Arkansas team.

So you're under the assumption bama can't improve (even though they would have likely won that game had they not had such a ****ty kicker) and LSU is identical team as they were against Oregon in beginning of season -- rather than LSU has improved 10 fold and would stuff Oregon like they did at beginning of season?

I think LSU has improved greatly.

jimbogr
11-18-2011, 09:31 PM
So you're under the assumption bama can't improve (even though they would have likely won that game had they not had such a ****ty kicker) and LSU is identical team as they were against Oregon in beginning of season -- rather than LSU has improved 10 fold and would stuff Oregon like they did at beginning of season?

I think LSU has improved greatly.

Yes

tk217
11-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes

Fine.

Oregon has improved greatly - don't get me wrong but I don't see that justification over bama. If Bama had injuries at the end of the season and will likely be a "lesser" team then I can see a case -- at least for a good game.

puddlestheduck
11-18-2011, 09:40 PM
I hate to say it, but I really do think that Alabama deserves to be in over Oregon. We had our shot and we blew it pretty embarrassingly. We've improved greatly and DeAnthony Thomas, who fumbled TWICE in field goal range during the LSU game, is on fire, but I think Alabama is the more complete team. I also think they should have won if it wasn't for their kicker (they as in Bama).

Still love my Ducks though and am hoping they can sneak in and we become a top tier program! It's amazing watching this team when I was in 4th grade where a T20 finish was a good season to now being in the conversation for back-to-back national championship games.

monsterBEN
11-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Oregon deserves it

Oregon already got beat up by LSU. Alabama outplayed LSU.

gjo365days
11-18-2011, 09:45 PM

Both lost. both OUT! just like a PLAYOFF!

Hell i'd rather even see houston srs than a rematch!

SRSmiscerIZsrs
11-18-2011, 09:46 PM

This.

Hey_Jay
11-18-2011, 09:54 PM
auburn will take care of that

Gooner89
11-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Let's say LSU goes unbeaten. Do the same people that are bitching about a Bama/LSU re-match feel the same about LSU/Oregon? If they don't, they're hypocrites.

alleyesonme711
11-18-2011, 10:11 PM
they will probably put oklahoma in the national championship. look for oklahoma to leap from #4 to #2 during the final vote magically just because voters will not put oregon or alabama back in.

gjo365days
11-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Let's say LSU goes unbeaten. Do the same people that are bitching about a Bama/LSU re-match feel the same about LSU/Oregon? If they don't, they're hypocrites.

The difference is that Oregon will have won their conference championship.... Alabama will not have played in the conference Championship...

BUT I agree NO REMATCHES!

Hurricane99
11-18-2011, 10:39 PM
The difference is that Oregon will have won their conference championship.... Alabama will not have played in the conference Championship...

BUT I agree NO REMATCHES!

And you'd rather watch an Oklahoma team play, the same team that lost to TEXAS TECH?

Texas Tech? The same team that has lost 5 of 6 (only win being against Oklahoma)? The same team that has been outscored 159-33 in the past 3 weeks?

Quality loss right there lol

m0ridin
11-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Oregon deserves it

How do you figure? Alabama took LSU to overtime while Oregon was blown out by LSU.

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 10:43 PM
auburn will take care of that

Agreed, but I also think Arkansas will take care of LSU, goodnight sweet SEC national champs.

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 10:45 PM
How do you figure? Alabama took LSU to overtime while Oregon was blown out by LSU.

Blown out? What a phaggot, LSU scored 21 pts off of 3 turnovers, and Oregon outgained LSU in that game. Sorry, but in a rematch, Oregon would roll LSU....but they won't get that chance, because it Trojan time 2morrow night

m0ridin
11-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Agreed, but I also think Arkansas will take care of LSU, goodnight sweet SEC national champs.

No way in death valley. Does not happen/10

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 10:50 PM
No way in death valley. Does not happen/10

It'll be a good game, doesn't matter where it's played, Arkansas is picking up momentum fast.

m0ridin
11-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Blown out? What a phaggot, LSU scored 21 pts off of 3 turnovers, and Oregon outgained LSU in that game. Sorry, but in a rematch, Oregon would roll LSU....but they won't get that chance, because it Trojan time 2morrow night

Bwahahaha.

It was 40-27 while Oregon scored its last two touchdowns against LSU's third string defense and one was made with like 15 seconds left in the game. LSU also should have had like two more interceptions and not to mention I believe Randle dropped an easy pass in the endzone and LSU had to settle for a field goal.

Also LSU was playing with their second string QB and facing controversy.

There is no way Oregon wins against LSU. LSU has the better offense and defense. Not to mention the game is in New Orleans. Either way, I bet the ducks don't go to the NC

BobDaNob
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Let's say LSU goes unbeaten. Do the same people that are bitching about a Bama/LSU re-match feel the same about LSU/Oregon? If they don't, they're hypocrites.The two best teams in the country are obviously LSU and Bama, in a class of their own. Everyone else is just trying to reach that level.

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Bwahahaha.

It was 40-27 while Oregon scored its last two touchdowns against LSU's third string defense and one was made with like 15 seconds left in the game. LSU also should have had like two more interceptions and not to mention I believe Randle dropped an easy pass in the endzone and LSU had to settle for a field goal.

Also LSU was playing with their second string QB and facing controversy.

There is no way Oregon wins against LSU. LSU has the better offense and defense. Not to mention the game is in New Orleans. Either way, I bet the ducks don't go to the NC

Holy fuk you are retarded, did you really just say that LSU has the better offense?!? Fukin fanboy I swear, your opinion is completely invalid after that statement.

The two best teams in the country are obviously LSU and Bama, in a class of their own. Everyone else is just trying to reach that level.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree, I don't believe the best teams in the country can have such sub-par QB's, especially Alabama.

m0ridin
11-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Holy fuk you are retarded, did you really just say that LSU has the better offense?!? Fukin fanboy I swear, your opinion is completely invalid after that statement.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree, I don't believe the best teams in the country can have such sub-par QB's, especially Alabama.

Well first, please don't tell me you think Oregon has a better QB. If you really don't think LSU and Alabama are the best two teams in the country, well, you are just an idiot.

LSU definitely has the better offense. Look at what they did to Oregon. Oregon just looks good against overrated teams in the Pac-12 and look at what SEC teams do to them. LMJ didn't even have over like a hundred yards against LSU and Auburn combined. You know LSU has the better offense and athletes.

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Well first, please don't tell me you think Oregon has a better QB.

LSU definitely has the better offense. Look at what they did to Oregon. Oregon just looks good against overrated teams in the Pac-12 and look at what SEC teams do to them. LMJ didn't even have over like a hundred yards against LSU and Auburn combined. You know LSU has the better offense and athletes.

Thomas is a 10x better qb than either of those frauds for LSU. Did you maybe possibly by any chance watch what Oregon did to Stanford?

But, I do agree with you that Oregon won't be in the NC, cause SC is going to upset them tomorrow.

Inb4 SC 2013 National Champs

BobDaNob
11-18-2011, 11:07 PM
*shrugs*

Their QB's aren't sub-par, they just aren't elite. And when you have somebody like Trent Richardson and your defenses crush your opponents, good QB's are a bonus.

Hurricane99
11-18-2011, 11:10 PM

LMFAO

You must be from Oregon.

You got blown the FUKK out on a neutral field, we doubled your score (real score is 40-20, your 1st string offense's last TD in garbage time against our freshman team D doesn't count), what makes you think you'll win in the Superdome?

inb4 "but Oregon has gotten soooooo much better", as if LSU hasn't?

m0ridin
11-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Thomas is a 10x better qb than either of those frauds for LSU. Did you maybe possibly by any chance watch what Oregon did to Stanford?

But, I do agree with you that Oregon won't be in the NC, cause SC is going to upset them tomorrow.

Inb4 SC 2013 National Champs

lol. They are definitely better than Thomas. He blows

Stanford? Come on.. everyone knew they were seriously overrated. They played no one until Oregon. Pac-12 is a weak division.

Also I like how when Oregon turns it over to LSU (all of which were forced by LSU) it's Oregon's mistakes, but when we are talking about Stanford's turnovers it is "what Oregon did to them"

BobDaNob
11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
inb4 "but Oregon has gotten soooooo much better", as if LSU hasn't?You know they have to have learned something from escaping at Bama.

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 11:18 PM
LMFAO

You must be from Oregon.

You got blown the FUKK out on a neutral field, we doubled your score (real score is 40-20, your 1st string offense's last TD in garbage time against our freshman team D doesn't count), what makes you think you'll win in the Superdome?

inb4 "but Oregon has gotten soooooo much better", as if LSU hasn't?

No from Oregon, Oklahoma, but good guess.

I'm not saying LSU hasn't gotten better, but I don't think you can make a fair judgement of 2 of the top teams in the country when they play the first week of the season, big scheduling mistake.

I just believe that LSU and Oregon would be the matchup of the 2 best teams in the country.

lol. They are definitely better than Thomas. He blows

Stanford? Come on.. everyone knew they were seriously overrated. They played no one until Oregon. Pac-12 is a weak division.

Also I like how when Oregon turns it over to LSU (all of which were forced by LSU) it's Oregon's mistakes, but when we are talking about Stanford's turnovers it is "what Oregon did to them"

The SEC homer is strong in you, so let's just wait and see what happens.

My prediction is that if Oregon survives tomorrow night, then they will be national champs, if not then no idea what's going to happen, but chances are if LSU wins out and has to play a Bama or OU team, then they will undoubtedly be national champs.

m0ridin
11-18-2011, 11:22 PM
No from Oregon, Oklahoma, but good guess.

I'm not saying LSU hasn't gotten better, but I don't think you can make a fair judgement of 2 of the top teams in the country when they play the first week of the season, big scheduling mistake.

I just believe that LSU and Oregon would be the matchup of the 2 best teams in the country.

The SEC homer is strong in you, so let's just wait and see what happens.

My prediction is that if Oregon survives tomorrow night, then they will be national champs, if not then no idea what's going to happen, but chances are if LSU wins out and has to play a Bama or OU team, then they will undoubtedly be national champs.

Great argument (or lack thereof).. SEC homer is all you've got?

Oregon would lose to LSU ten out of ten times.

Bama definitely proved they were a better team than Oregon already. There is no reason to conclude otherwise.

And yeah. Let's see what happens.. I bet LSU does not lose and takes home the NC

batman15
11-18-2011, 11:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9yanM.gif

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Great argument (or lack thereof).. SEC homer is all you've got?

Oregon would lose to LSU ten out of ten times.

Bama definitely proved they were a better team than Oregon already. There is no reason to conclude otherwise.

And yeah. Let's see what happens.. I bet LSU does not lose and takes home the NC

NextProtege
11-18-2011, 11:40 PM
You are only judging Oregon based on a game played at the very beginning of the non conference season. It was a disgusting display by the ducks and screamed that they were not ready. It also was a game that can't fully be compared to the LSU/Bama game because the environment was so very different. First game vs this "game of the Century" where each team had prep time and an existing outstanding record to defend? A non scoring game vs one that either team could penetrate at any time? Alabama at home vs a neutral field (much closer to LSU). What I mean is that Oregon is much better and has come together since that time. LSU could easily be argued to have done the same. However, Bama and LSU would be a very similiar game as last time while another Oregon battle would not. They both lost but after Oregon demonstates what it can do at home the next three games, you and the voters will see what I mean

AlphaVegeta
11-18-2011, 11:46 PM
You are only judging Oregon based on a game played at the very beginning of the non conference season. It was a disgusting display by the ducks and screamed that they were not ready. It also was a game that can't fully be compared to the LSU/Bama game because the environment was so very different. First game vs this "game of the Century" where each team had prep time and an existing outstanding record to defend? A non scoring game vs one that either team could penetrate at any time? Alabama at home vs a neutral field (much closer to LSU). What I mean is that Oregon is much better and has come together since that time. LSU could easily be argued to have done the same. However, Bama and LSU would be a very similiar game as last time while another Oregon battle would not. They both lost but after Oregon demonstates what it can do at home the next three games, you and the voters will see what I mean

It's refreshing to read a non SEC homers comment, thank you for making sense.

DubV
11-18-2011, 11:49 PM
As an outsider, I would rather see Oregon get the rematch. Oregon has definitely improved and they are far more explosive and exciting than Alabama. No one wants to see a 9-6 NC game.

leafs43
11-19-2011, 12:33 AM
BCS is going to get busted by its own homerism.

And here I thought it would get busted by a david beating goliath.

union44
11-19-2011, 12:35 AM
inb4 Houston vs. Kansas State in NC

Calhexas
11-19-2011, 01:05 AM
SRS!

http://cache.comcorpusa.com/465/0/crop/nbc33tv/media/sports/LSU_alabama.jpg

You live in Canada. Nobody gives a fuc what you refuse to do you pussy lol

SwtEqty
11-19-2011, 01:43 AM
All that would mean is Bama gets to win the sec along with the BCS, instead of just the BCS.

PatrickBateman1
11-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Lmfao @ typical sports misc phaggots who think offense is the only part of football that matters.

brb not enjoying hard hitting smashmouth football...

GTFO you little runts lol. Go watch lacrosse or something (that might be a little too violent for you as well though).

Edit - Ohhhh lawd didn't realize he was Canadian. That phaggot should enjoy his free coupons to Bennigans and bubble gum and then shut his hole.

PatrickBateman1
11-19-2011, 01:50 AM

brb acting like you know anything about football....

.... brb your only response will be an anti-Pats remark.

911medic
11-19-2011, 06:18 AM
The two best teams in the country are obviously LSU and Bama, in a class of their own. Everyone else is just trying to reach that level.

I agree and that's what the BCS should try to put together, the two best teams in the nation.
As an outsider, I would rather see Oregon get the rematch. Oregon has definitely improved and they are far more explosive and exciting than Alabama. No one wants to see a 9-6 NC game.

Shouldn't matter what people "want to see". Again, should be the best two teams.

BFast55
11-19-2011, 08:59 AM
It's refreshing to read a non SEC homers comment, thank you for making sense.
Bruh, face it. Your chances of a re-match is about 1/100. You simply couldn't compete against a more physical team for 4 quarters. Hell, Mississippi State hung in there for 3 quarters against LSU & 'Bama.
BRB Miss State is better than LSU and 'Bama!

This.

AreolaBorealis
11-19-2011, 09:10 AM
it will be Oklahoma and LSU. put money on that.If this happens put all your money on LSU. They will win by 20+. Sooners seem to come up small whenever they are put in a major bowl game.

MtnJax
11-19-2011, 09:23 AM
it will be Oregon and LSU. put money on that.

fixed

Ducks should win out and they have a conference championship game that will help boost them up in the rankings...i wouldn't even be surprised to see Arkansas knock off LSU and throw this into an even bigger shiitstorm

Tes45
11-19-2011, 10:18 AM

Stop this ****

Oregon depends on winning the battle of the line on offense to be able to run their offense efficiently. They showed two games in a row they can't handle SEC defensive line pressure. Their entire offense goes to **** against SEC teams and looks otherwordly against everyone else they play.

Oregon will take a beating that will probably be worse than their first game with LSU if they're unfortunate to end up in a rematch.

Only one of the top 3 SEC teams they'd have a shot against is Arkansas.

Gator286
11-19-2011, 10:22 AM
fixed

Ducks should win out and they have a conference championship game that will help boost them up in the rankings...i wouldn't even be surprised to see Arkansas knock off LSU and throw this into an even bigger shiitstorm

Lol, I'd love for that to happen.

You really think Oregon would score a lot against either LSU or Bama? I doubt they'd get more than 13 points.

Calhexas
11-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Stop this ****

Oregon depends on winning the battle of the line on offense to be able to run their offense efficiently. They showed two games in a row they can't handle SEC defensive line pressure. Their entire offense goes to **** against SEC teams and looks otherwordly against everyone else they play.

Oregon will take a beating that will probably be worse than their first game with LSU if they're unfortunate to end up in a rematch.

Only one of the top 3 SEC teams they'd have a shot against is Arkansas.

Has anyone even brought up the fact that LSU had 4 players including their current starting QB suspended for the Oregon game and still beat the piss out of em?

Gator286
11-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Has anyone even brought up the fact that LSU had 4 players including their current starting QB suspended for the Oregon game and still beat the piss out of em?

Les didn't even need to get lucky in that game, that's how bad that beatdown was

alleyezonme3
11-19-2011, 10:51 AM
This is why we need a playoff system like in NFL, put the top 12 teams and lose and your out, it will also prove what teams are for real and which are pretenders.

Gator286
11-19-2011, 11:02 AM
This is why we need a playoff system like in NFL, put the top 12 teams and lose and your out, it will also prove what teams are for real and which are pretenders.

We don't NEED a playoff. We would like a playoff. It's obvious the 2 best teams this year are from the same conference.

germanyt
11-19-2011, 12:04 PM

We just need to get rid of AQs and the notion that if you don't win your conference you don't play in the NC.

germanyt
11-19-2011, 12:11 PM
fixed

Wishful thinking.

stevedarsh
11-19-2011, 12:17 PM
it doesnt matter who plays LSU, they don't have Les Miles

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/Roi0Gi-E7hI/AAAAAAAABNY/xY-tV5i1ZZc/s400/Miles2.jpg

TheRejuvenated
11-19-2011, 12:34 PM
>implying LSU/oregon would be better to watch than LSU/Bama 2. At least one of those games was close. I don't want choking oregon anywhere near the national championship

Hey_Jay
11-19-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/93115/1/watch-ga.-southern-vs-(3)-alabama.html

^^bama gone get beat

AlphaVegeta
11-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Wishful thinking.

Homer thinking, it's actually fact, if Oregon wins their conference then they will be in over Alabama.

Oh yeah and LSU won't make it that far, wouldn't be surprised to see them slip against Ole Miss.

DA_MOSS
11-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Homer thinking, it's actually fact, if Oregon wins their conference then they will be in over Alabama.

Oh yeah and LSU won't make it that far, wouldn't be surprised to see them sleep against Ole Miss.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/500x_ap071211021309.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5616)

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/47/tumblr_ln53yeIWso1qi8rx4o1_500.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5613)

AlphaVegeta
11-19-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/500x_ap071211021309.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5616)

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/47/tumblr_ln53yeIWso1qi8rx4o1_500.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5613)

Big misunderstanding, meant slip, no sleep

Tes45
11-19-2011, 02:08 PM

Oh yeah and LSU won't make it that far, wouldn't be surprised to see them slip against Ole Miss.

Ban bet on Ole Miss losing by at least 14.

AlphaVegeta
11-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Ban bet on Ole Miss losing by at least 14.

And if they don't, I want unlimited rep power

Tes45
11-19-2011, 02:19 PM
And if they don't, I want unlimited rep power

Yea, I can't do that for you. But we can definitely put a month ban bet on it.

AlphaVegeta
11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Yea, I can't do that for you. But we can definitely put a month ban bet on it.

How do we go about doing this?

Tes45
11-19-2011, 02:29 PM
How do we go about doing this?

post and say you accept

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139837193&p=783983803#post783983803

AlphaVegeta
11-19-2011, 02:36 PM
post and say you accept

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139837193&p=783983803#post783983803

It has been done

gjo365days
11-19-2011, 11:13 PM

yup

m0ridin
11-19-2011, 11:15 PM
It has been done

Good night sweet idiot.

BobDaNob
11-20-2011, 03:35 AM
It has been done

Good night sweet idiot.
Bwahahahaha!!!

Stuffnblue
11-20-2011, 03:58 AM
hah...jeezus, ark could beat lsu, or lsu could beat ark, and we could very well end up with a title game that's a rematch of any 3; lsu/ark, bama/ark, bama/lsu. the most ridiculous scenario i can think of is Ark beating LSU => Bama beats AU, but loses to Georgia in sec title game => stanford/osu/vt lose another game => LSU/ARK rematch for BCS title where neither team not only didn't win their conference, but didn't even win their division.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1130659.html

And you thought this was going to be a dull weekend.

Just when it seemed like the season couldn’t throw a bigger curveball than Iowa State’s double-overtime win over BCS No. 2 Oklahoma State on Friday night, the BCS championship race got even more interesting on Saturday.

Especially for Arkansas and Alabama.

With No. 4 Oregon bowing out of the national title chase with a 38-35 home loss to USC; and with No. 7 Clemson getting destroyed by NC State 37-13; and with Robert Griffin getting back in the Heisman hunt with his epic performance in Baylor’s 45-38 win over No. 5 Oklahoma; the Saturday upsets cemented the SEC’s top teams in the BCS penthouse, and it got Oklahoma State back in picture.

The Cowboys are alive again, but more importantly after Friday night, the main part of the equation – the SEC West - became solidified.

After Iowa State’s win over OSU, No. 3 Alabama appeared to have a clear shot to finish in the top two as long as it won its final two games. After beating Georgia Southern, and after all the upsets, the Tide is unlikely to fall out of the top two if they beat Auburn.

However, the biggest winner is Arkansas, who before this weekend needed to beat LSU and win the wacky three-team SEC tie-breaker to play for the national title. Now, the Hogs might be in the BCS championship picture even if they don’t represent the West in the SEC title game.

If Arkansas beats LSU, then the SEC tiebreaker goes to a combination of BCS standings and head-to-head results. To make it as simple as possible, if there’s a three-way tie in the West, here are the most likely scenarios:

• If LSU drops behind Alabama and Arkansas in the BCS standings, Alabama would play in the SEC championship. This would be most likely to happen.

And here’s where it gets interesting. If LSU falls to No. 3 in the BCS standings, Alabama would move up to the No. 1 slot and would play for the BCS championship with a win over Georgia in the SEC title game. But how far up would Arkansas move? Let’s assume the Hogs are No. 3 in the BCS standings on Sunday night – moving past Oklahoma State, Oregon, and Oklahoma – then they’d probably move up to No. 2 with a win over LSU and would be assured of a spot in the BCS championship no matter what happens in the SEC title game.

To make this even more bizarre, let’s say Arkansas beats LSU and moves up to No. 1, Alabama stays at No. 2, and LSU drops to No. 3. Then Alabama would STILL win the tie-breaker and play for the SEC championship with a chance to go to the BCS championship to play the Hogs in a rematch of the 38-14 thumping on September 24th.

• If both Arkansas and LSU finish ahead of Alabama in the BCS standings as of next Sunday night, Arkansas would play in the SEC championship and No. 2 LSU would be all but assured of a spot in the BCS championship unless Oklahoma State makes a huge jump up after playing Oklahoma on December 3rd. Don’t expect this scenario to happen; the human pollsters aren’t going to drop Alabama lower than No. 2.

• If Arkansas doesn’t jump past LSU and Alabama and finishes third in the BCS standings (regardless of whom is higher in the BCS standings between the Tigers and the Tide), LSU would play in the SEC championship. Don’t expect this to happen, either. Projected BCS No. 3 Arkansas would almost certainly move up with a win over LSU.

But LSU is probably going to beat Arkansas.

So what if Tigers beat the Hogs but lose to Georgia in the SEC championship? It’s because of that possibility that the most interesting part of Sunday night’s BCS standings will be who’s behind the SEC teams.

Assuming it’ll be LSU, Alabama, and Arkansas 1-2-3, the No. 4 team would be the only one left with an outside hope of breaking up the SEC national title party.

No. 8 Virginia Tech could move up fast with the showdown at Virginia on Saturday before facing off against Clemson in the ACC Championship. If the Hokies are impressive in their final two games, and if LSU loses, they could have an outside shot at moving into the top two, but it would also take an Oklahoma State loss to Oklahoma and a Stanford loss to Notre Dame to have any chance. It's not going to happen.

Stanford is in the picture as one of five one-loss BCS conference teams left, but even if Oregon gags against Oregon State and the Cardinal plays in and wins the Pac-12 championship, it's still going to take a miracle. The human pollsters aren’t going to move Stanford ahead of a one-loss LSU, Alabama, or Oklahoma State. However, if LSU beats Arkansas and Auburn beats Alabama, Stanford will move up to No. 3 with a win over Notre Dame. If Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State on December 3rd, then the Cardinal would be the only one-loss BCS conference team left and would move up to No. 2. Again, though, a lot of big things have to happen.

Which means this whole wild and crazy weekend could end up coming full circle.

Welcome back, Oklahoma State.

The Cowboys only have the one double overtime loss to Iowa State, and it came on the road on the same day the school had to deal with the tragic deaths of two women’s basketball coaches in a plane crash. The human pollsters will be reminded of this over the next two weeks before the Oklahoma game, and the stage is set for Oklahoma State to come back with a big performance on the national stage.

If LSU beats Arkansas this weekend, Oklahoma State – likely the No. 4 team in Sunday night’s BCS standings - would move up to No. 3. If Alabama also loses to Auburn, the Cowboys would move up to No. 2 before the game against Oklahoma.

Got all that?

Enjoy the Alabama-LSU rematch on January 9th.

jimbogr
11-20-2011, 04:27 AM
I don't know where anyone gets the notion that Arkansas is even going to be competitive with LSU. Am I the only one that actually watches Arkansas games here?

We already know the opinion of the only other poster on this board that watches them.

We're so overrated it's not even close to being funny.

Calhexas
11-20-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't know where anyone gets the notion that Arkansas is even going to be competitive with LSU. Am I the only one that actually watches Arkansas games here?

We already know the opinion of the only other poster on this board that watches them.

Unranked teams beat top 5 teams all the time. It happened yesterday in fact.

Not too strange for #3 to beat #1.

But you wouldn't know that...because you're a dipshyt from Texas.

phillyfreak7
11-20-2011, 08:23 AM
SRS!

http://cache.comcorpusa.com/465/0/crop/nbc33tv/media/sports/LSU_alabama.jpgYour loss phaggot, that was a great game

gjo365days
11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Your loss phaggot, that was a great game

Maybe I can help you read.... I said I WATCHED that last game..... and I'm not sure what you were watching if you thought that was a great game!! It wasn't even the best game of the day!

I stand by my statement that I wouldn't even bother watching the rematch.

Calhexas
11-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Maybe I can help you read.... I said I WATCHED that last game..... and I'm not sure what you were watching if you thought that was a great game!! It wasn't even the best game of the day!

I stand by my statement that I wouldn't even bother watching the rematch.

lol again nobody cares wtf you do with your time during the BCSNCG

Source7769
11-20-2011, 07:14 PM
just like they ****ed georgia yrs back alabama didnt win their conference you shouldnt be in there

gjo365days
12-04-2011, 01:55 PM
2 weeks later STILL a relevant thread!

IDontPlay247
12-04-2011, 02:23 PM

I do.

Why in the hell do people bitch about low scoring games? That last Alabama and LSU game was a classic.

Its kind of like how most people don't like a movie unless there's explosions and peoples heads being blown off.

Id rather see a smashmouth, hard-hitting, low scoring game than a sloppy high scoring game.

Everyone loves high scoring games but i believe in defense. Oregons defense is ranked 60th! Oklahomas is ranked 107th in the nation! Are you kidding me? You would want to see ****ty defenses like these in the National Championship?

Im an outsider and don't care for either team but i'd pay to see this rematch. The first game was exciting and im pretty sure the second game will be exciting too.

Yea maybe osu deserves it more based on the whole winning your conference thing but they are not on the level of either of these teams. If we let them play in the national championship we will witness an ass wooping.

The only teams that can beat LSU or Alabama are LSU and Alabama. Its a fact. And it would be a slap in the face of alabama when OSU gets stomped on.

rubadubdub
12-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I do.

Why in the hell do people bitch about low scoring games? That last Alabama and LSU game was a classic.

Its kind of like how most people don't like a movie unless there's explosions and peoples heads being blown off.

Id rather see a smashmouth, hard-hitting, low scoring game than a sloppy high scoring game.

Everyone loves high scoring games but i believe in defense. Oregons defense is ranked 60th! Oklahomas is ranked 107th in the nation! Are you kidding me? You would want to see ****ty defenses like these in the National Championship?

Im an outsider and don't care for either team but i'd pay to see this rematch. The first game was exciting and im pretty sure the second game will be exciting too.

Yea maybe osu deserves it more based on the whole winning your conference thing but they are not on the level of either of these teams. If we let them play in the national championship we will witness an ass wooping.

The only teams that can beat LSU or Alabama are LSU and Alabama. Its a fact. And it would be a slap in the face of alabama when OSU gets stomped on.

repped for this shiit

Calhexas
12-04-2011, 03:15 PM
2 weeks later STILL a relevant thread!

2 weeks later...and still nobody cares if YOU want to watch it or not.

gjo365days
12-05-2011, 12:03 AM
2 weeks later...and still nobody cares if YOU want to watch it or not.

Obviously you do... you're the one posting !!!! hahahaha! and subbed..lmfao