PDA

View Full Version : What does a horrendous fart smell indicative of my nutrition?

WantTransform
11-17-2011, 02:45 PM
I've noticed recently that my fart smelled completely foul and disgusting. And it seems to spread extremely quickly too because within seconds of ripping one, I can almost instantaneously sense the odor hitting my olfactory senses, and it's really embarrassing especially when I'm working on the office with co-workers.

I know farts in general aren't supposed to be pleasant, but does an extra foul smell indicate something about my nutrition (i.e. too much protein, bad diet, etc.)?

Siafu4Life
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I've noticed recently that my fart smelled completely foul and disgusting. And it seems to spread extremely quickly too because within seconds of ripping one, I can almost instantaneously sense the odor hitting my olfactory senses, and it's really embarrassing especially when I'm working on the office with co-workers.

I know farts in general aren't supposed to be pleasant, but does an extra foul smell indicate something about my nutrition (i.e. too much protein, bad diet, etc.)?

Richard Gere disease?

AdamWW
11-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Eating a lot of eggs does it to me.

yieldtonothing
11-17-2011, 03:34 PM
high protein diet=smellier farts

such is life

Bramble
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
high protein diet=smellier farts

such is life

protein does not cause bad farts

(serious)

cutting diet with the same amount of protein does not have nearly as much as the farts of a bulking

gas is usually caused by fiber and oats in the bodybuilding world

SOJA
11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Raw oats, psyllium, boiled eggs, broccoli in excess, cauliflower in excess will cause nasty smelling gas. I try to go to the bathroom as often as I can, it really helps cut the gas down, SRS.

foresail
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
The really smelly ones are caused by eating sulfur-rich foods: cabbage, cauliflower, eggs, onions, meat, etc.

MITCHAPAL00ZA
11-17-2011, 05:27 PM
it means your body isnt properly breaking down carbohydrates, which results in free carbon ions in the bloodstream. these immediately bond to hydrogen atoms in water molecules and break the O-H bond. The carbs do so until they are saturated and thus become CH4(methane). your body then expels this as an extremely vile scent. I would seek help immediately.

not srs. threw together the few phrases i remembered from organic chem.

jiveinhere
11-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Lol we had people over for dinner last night, earlier that day I ate a tin of beans... rookie move

b0redude
11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
if you drink milk, or whey there is a chance that you are lactose intolerant.

link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance