PDA

View Full Version : Non-filling, calorie dense foods?

thegymbum
11-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Hey all. I'm working on increasing my calories a little but have a big problem with the fullness issue. Which makes getting enough veggies and fruit really difficult, because they have so much bulk but so few calories. So I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for higher calorie but less bulky fruits and veggies? I know stuff like peas and corn (though I really don't like either) are higher, but any suggestions for others? Same for fruit... I sometimes do prunes and bananas but wouldn't mind some more options. Also, what about other non-produce foods? Other than nuts and peanut butter, which I'm already eating. Thanks!

AlwaysTryin
11-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Eat dried fruit

Salami, ice cream, chocolate

thecodgod
11-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Hey all. I'm working on increasing my calories a little but have a big problem with the fullness issue. Which makes getting enough veggies and fruit really difficult, because they have so much bulk but so few calories. So I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for higher calorie but less bulky fruits and veggies? I know stuff like peas and corn (though I really don't like either) are higher, but any suggestions for others? Same for fruit... I sometimes do prunes and bananas but wouldn't mind some more options. Also, what about other non-produce foods? Other than nuts and peanut butter, which I'm already eating. Thanks!

Yams--pack in the calories along with a ton of nutrients(more than any other veggies)
Pineapple, Cherries, Mangos, grapes, Bananas--Can eat a ton without filling me up and they are loaded with good stuff

Jenslyn17
11-17-2011, 01:35 AM
Chocolate, PB, proats, liquid calories, cookies, nuts, full-fat meats, ice cream, cake, dairy products...

gyrs
11-17-2011, 04:24 AM
dried fruits , banana , fresh dates , avocado and sweet potato without butter i eat 500g and never full me up
and sure pancake forever

desslok
11-17-2011, 04:31 AM
Buy a juicer.

typh
11-17-2011, 04:39 AM
It sounds like you're trying to stick to fruits/veggies as your main intake. So, other than what a few others said: Raisins/dates/figs, Yams/Sweet potatoes/Potatoes, Squash. Avocado and Coconut (high in fats). Also look to your legumes, kidney beans, navy beans, and chickpeas all high in cals.

peteyboy1015
11-17-2011, 04:50 AM
Pasta's not too dense either.

thegymbum
11-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! Amending my shopping list :)

eatyourspinach
11-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Citrus fruits tend to be higher in sugar meaning more cals, Macadamia nuts are delicious, add olive oil to veggies, and of course theres bacon

WonderPug
11-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Bacon. Chocolate milk. Ice cream. Chocolate cake. Chocolate bar.

DTRrex
11-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Eggs.

Seriously. Get some cage fee, omega3 eggs. They are loaded with protein and the yolk is very nutrient dense. At 70 cals each, and considering it's pretty easy to knock down 6 scrambled eggs, and you can add stuff to it you'll be hard-pressed to find a better and easier source of calories.

Butter your pan, throw in 6 eggs with some spinach, shredded cheese, and a banana and toast on the side and you're looking at a 900 calorie meal that's not terribly filling.

juliacheh
11-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Poptarts - very easy calories.