PDA

View Full Version : Our Readers Ask? Are Jehovah's Witnesses a Protestant Regligion?

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Our Readers Ask

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a Protestant Religion?

Jehovah’s Witnesses do not consider themselves to be a Protestant religion. Why not?

Protestantism arose in 16th-century Europe in an effort to reform the Roman Catholic Church. The word “Protestant” was first applied to the followers of Martin Luther at the Diet of Speyer in 1529. Since then, the term has generally come to describe all those who adhere to the tenets and goals of the Reformation. Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition, thus defines a Protestant as “a member of any of several church denominations denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truth.”

Although Jehovah’s Witnesses deny the universal authority of the pope and wholeheartedly support the primacy of the Bible, they differ from Protestant religions in many significant ways. In fact, The Encyclopedia of Religion refers to Jehovah’s Witnesses as being “distinctive.” Consider three ways in which they are different.

First, although Protestant faiths reject certain features of Catholic worship, Reformation leaders retained certain Catholic dogmas, such as belief in the Trinity, hellfire, and the immortality of the human soul. Jehovah’s Witnesses, however, believe that those doctrines not only contradict the Bible but also promote a distorted view of God.—See Exposed: Six Myths About Christianity (http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091101/article_01.htm).

Second, the religion that Jehovah’s Witnesses advocate is, not one of negative protest, but one of positive instruction. They take seriously the Bible’s counsel: “A servant of the Lord is not to engage in quarrels, but has to be kind to everyone, a good teacher, and patient. He has to be gentle when he corrects people who dispute what he says.” (2 Timothy 2:24, 25, The Jerusalem Bible) Jehovah’s Witnesses do point out contradictions between what the Bible says and what many religious groups teach. Yet, their goal in doing so is not to reform other religious organizations. Rather, their goal is to help sincere individuals to gain accurate knowledge of God and of his Word, the Bible. (Colossians 1:9, 10) (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians%201:9-10&version=NIV) When people of other persuasions insistently disagree with them, Jehovah’s Witnesses avoid engaging in fruitless debates. (2 Timothy 2:23) (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20tim%202:23&version=NIV)

Third, unlike the Protestant movement, which has splintered into hundreds of denominations, Jehovah’s Witnesses have maintained a united global brotherhood. When it comes to Bible doctrine, Jehovah’s Witnesses in over 235 [revised by HIJ] countries follow the apostle Paul’s counsel to “speak in agreement.” There are no divisions among them. Instead, they are genuinely “united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.” (1 Corinthians 1:10) (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20cor%209:10&version=NIV) They strive within their own ranks “to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:3) (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=eph%204:13&version=NIV)

Link (http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091101a/article_01.htm)

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Do JWs believe that Jesus is God?

frasersteen
11-14-2011, 08:12 AM
I've always viewed JW's as ultra-protestant.

Not only do they protest everything that the protestants were protesting against but the protest much of what the protestants actually kept.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Do JWs believe that Jesus is God?

Absolutlely not!

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Absouluty not!
Just as I suspected.
JWs are NOT Christians.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Just as I suspected.
JWs are NOT Christians.

Show me!

pianoforte
11-14-2011, 08:31 AM
"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 08:36 AM
"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

Good post! Thank you for bringing this to light! :) Would you mind linking this article?

flairon
11-14-2011, 08:36 AM
so what are all you jesus freaks going to do when the 'last days' come around and you find yourself needing to defend you or your family's lives. Are you turning the other cheek or will got just accept that you had to end the lives of a couple of his children?

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 08:40 AM
so what are all you jesus freaks going to do when the 'last days' come around and you find yourself needing to defend you or your family's lives. Are you turning the other cheek or will got just accept that you had to end the lives of a couple of his children?

Jehovah guarrentees protection for our family's during this time. We will sit back, and patiently wait on our heavenly Father to fullfill His promise in this matter.

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 08:42 AM

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
1914?
LOL! wut?

We will wave goodbye and shed some tears as we are lifted into the heavens with Jesus.

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Show me!
By definition, a Christian believes in the deity of Jesus Christ.
No mere carpenter performed miracles and died to forgive your sins!

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 08:46 AM
By definition, a Christian believes in the deity of Jesus Christ.
No mere carpenter performed miracles and died to forgive your sins!

I can't seew where the bible teaches this notion. Can you show me the sciptures to support this view?

flairon
11-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I can't seew where the bible teaches this notion. Can you show me the sciptures to support this view?

wouldn't the vocabularly sort of point that out?

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Start with the virgin birth.
Proceed to miracles.
Witness the resurrection.
Jesus = God

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM
wouldn't the vocabularly sort of point that out?

Yes indeed. Also the bible itself clears up misconceptions. ;)

flairon
its like watching two retards argue about who has the greater iq

HopingInJehovah
Start with the virgin birth.
Proceed to miracles.
Witness the resurrection.
Jesus = God

How does that support that Jesus is God?

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 08:54 AM
its like watching two retards argue about who has the greater iq

But you're not aguring with retards. This is why we (JW's) stick to the bible as our source of instruction). :)

flairon
11-14-2011, 08:56 AM
But you're not aguring with retards. This is why we (JW's) stick to the bible as our source of instruction). :)

Really...so the two groups that are splitting hairs over how to properly talk to the mythical man in the sky are really the central part of the brain trust around here? That doesn't bode well does it.

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 08:57 AM
How does that support that Jesus is God?
Obviously he wasnt a normal person.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Really...so the two groups that are splitting hairs over how to properly talk to the mythical man in the sky are really the central part of the brain trust around here? That doesn't bode well does it.

Jesus warned of "imposters" that would infilterate the christian congreagtion, so it's not supprise that there would be false religion (or rather, false teachers) whom would contort/twist the scriptures to suit their agenda.

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Jesus warned of "imposters" that would infilterate the christian congreagtion, so it's not supprise that there would be false religion (or rather, false teachers) whom would contort/twist the scriptures to suit their agenda.
Yes.
He was referring to the Jehovas Witnesses.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Obviously he wasnt a normal person.

No JW refutes this admonition. However, how does this show he (Jesus) is indeed God (Jehovah)?

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Yes.
He was referring to the Jehovas Witnesses.

So the question should be "does JW's teach unbiblical falsehoods"? If so, show us.

flairon
11-14-2011, 09:03 AM

jesus didnt warn of anything. the people that created the religion for you to follow warned of imposters because they wanted to be the ones fully in control of your beliefs and you can't do that when others are vying for that same belief system.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:08 AM
jesus didnt warn of anything. the people that created the religion for you to follow warned of imposters because they wanted to be the ones fully in control of your beliefs and you can't do that when others are vying for that same belief system.

If so, how would that benefit them in death? ONce their gone, their gone. No money, women, drugs use, CONTROL, etc can bring them back. It wouldn't make sense that this is possible. Also, 40 men are responsible for writing the bible.

Those forty men didn't live at the same time period, how could they have colaberated when they didn't know eacth other?

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 09:09 AM
So the question should be "does JW's teach unbiblical falsehoods"? If so, show us.
You dont believe in the divinity of Jesus, yet you call yourself a Christian.
That would be the definition of 'imposter'!
Obviously Jesus was able to see into the future and warn us about dangerous and blasphemous cults.
Another prophecy comes true!
The very existence of the JWs proves Jesus was God!

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
You dont believe in the divinity of Jesus, yet you call yourself a Christian.
That would be the definition of 'imposter'!
Obviously Jesus was able to see into the future and warn us about dangerous and blasphemous cults.
Another prophecy comes true!
The very existence of the JWs proves Jesus was God!

We can't go by YOUR word alone. Show us from the bible.

flairon
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
If so, how would that benefit them in death? ONce their gone, their gone. No money, women, drugs use, CONTROL, etc can bring the back. It wouldn't make sense that this is possible. Also, 40 men are responsible for writing the bible. Those forty men didn't live at the same time period, how could they have colaberated when they didn't know eacth other?

because their push for control wasn't on a personal level..it was for the entity that they represented and devoted their life to.

The stories of those 40 men were not written by them. They have been re-written, tweaked, tuned, adjusted over the years by people in power that understood the power that religion wields over the ignorant masses.

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 09:13 AM
I am going to workout now.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM
because their push for control wasn't on a personal level..it was for the entity that they represented and devoted their life to.

Correct! And that entity is Jehovah God, Creater of all things. Who doesn't owe Jehovah?

The stories of those 40 men were not written by them. They have been re-written, tweaked, tuned, adjusted over the years by people in power that understood the power that religion wields over the ignorant masses.

Well, just because the "powers" to be have used and adulterated the Word of God doesn't make it so. Jesus also warned they would do this, especially in the "last days".

flairon
11-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Correct! And that entity is Jehovah God, Creater of all things. Who doesn't owe Jehovah?

No, that entity is organized religion

Well, just because the "powers" to be have used and adulterated the Word of God doesn't make it so. Jesus also warned they would do this, especially in the "last days".'

you read the adulterated word, you spread the adulterated word. jesus didnt warn you of anything. jesus was a man, and a man that kept company with a hooker by most accounts. you're reading the manufactured 'word of god' created by people that recognized it could be used to control the ignorant and apathetic.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:22 AM
I am going to workout now.

K. Don't hurt yourself! Be careful of injury!

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:26 AM
No, that entity is organized religion

Jehovah is organized, so it reasons He would use organized people to put forth His message. All throuout the bbile, it shows how Jehovah organized His people. This is an logical way when dealilng with humans. Who likes disorganization?

you read the adulterated word, you spread the adulterated word. jesus didnt warn you of anything. jesus was a man, and a man that kept company with a hooker by most accounts. you're reading the manufactured 'word of god' created by people that recognized it could be used to control the ignorant and apathetic.

Those accounts are spurious. Have you studied the bible in depth?

flairon
11-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Jehovah is organized, so it reasons He would use organized people to put forth His message. All throuout the bbile, it shows how Jehovah organized His people. This is an logical way when dealilng with humans. Who likes disorganization?
Certainly not the various leaders and religious figures that have rewritten 'the word' to suit their own needs.

Those accounts are spurious. Have you studied the bible in depth?

Yes. I was quite the follower during my teen years via my god fearing grandmother. And do you want to know how 'god' or jehova or any other of these asinine figures 'rewarded' a life long faithful servant after her years of singular devotion? A long drawn out painful death via cancer until she was finally laying in a bed supported by machinery unable to recognize her own children and grandchildren.

If thats how your father brings home his children, then f*ck your father, i'll take my chances.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Certainly not the various leaders and religious figures that have rewritten 'the word' to suit their own needs.

Correct again. Question then, is who is right?

Yes. I was quite the follower during my teen years via my god fearing grandmother. And do you want to know how 'god' or jehova or any other of these asinine figures 'rewarded' a life long faithful servant after her years of singular devotion? A long drawn out painful death via cancer until she was finally laying in a bed supported by machinery unable to recognize her own children and grandchildren.

If thats how your father brings home his children, then f*ck your father, i'll take my chances.

Flairon, Jehovah wasn't responsible for her death and suffering. Give credit where credit is due, the devil. Jehovah doesn't safeguard us from imperfection. If a servant will only serve becasue of the "good", then how would they prove their UNCONDITIONAL love for Jehovah? Besides, she will get an ressurrection when time is due and all the suffering will be forgotten by her. If one only serves Jehovah for the "good", then really, is that unconditional love for Him?

flairon
11-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Correct again. Question then, is who is right?
neither are right. there is no answer because to anyone with a brain there isn't a question

Flairon, Jehovah wasn't responivble for her death and suffering. Give credit where credit is due, the devil. Jehovah doesn't safeguard us from imperfection. If a servant will only serve becasue of the "good", then how would they prove their UNCONDITIONAAL love for Jehovah? Besides, she will get an ressurrection when time is due and all the suffering will be forgotten by her. If one only serves Jehovah for the "good", then really, is that unconditional love for Him?

isn't it convenient how everything is because of god, due to god, from god until it makes god look bad...then god didnt have anything to do with it.

GnastyGnorc
11-14-2011, 09:46 AM
"Nuttin' better than gettin' yer butthole licked!" --- Jesus.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 09:46 AM
neither are right. there is no answer because to anyone with a brain there isn't a question

Do you really think, I can't think? What does the bible teach about this matter?

isn't it convenient how everything is because of god, due to god, from god until it makes god look bad...then god didnt have anything to do with it.

It is for people whom don't understand Jehovah. The bible makes it clear that the devil exist, and that he is the enemy of Jehovah. Why would't he (devil) be bent on misrepresenting Jehovah and try to make Him look bad? Do you really think Jehovah is behind all the mass killing that occurs worldwide?

flairon
11-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Do you really think, I can't think? What does the bible teach about this matter?

It is for people whom don't understand Jehovah. The bible makes it clear that the devil exist, and that he is the enemy of Jehovah. Why would't he (devil) be bent on misrepresenting Jehovah and try to make Him look bad? Do you really think Jehovah is behind all the mass killing that occurs worldwide?

much of it is done in his name...via people taught 'his' word.

Yeah..i do.

BeefyMcNasty
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
This thread is like watching two monkeys trying to f*ck a football.

GnastyGnorc
11-14-2011, 12:29 PM
This thread is like watching two monkeys trying to f*ck a football.
It's like listening to nerds argue about The Lord of the Rings.

Mr Beer
11-14-2011, 12:37 PM
It's like listening to nerds argue about The Lord of the Rings.

Yeah with them making out Sauron is the good guy.

PowerOfTruth
11-14-2011, 12:41 PM
It's like watching two JW clean the Kingdom Hall windows.

Tekkendo
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
It's like watching two JW clean the Kingdom Hall windows.

Do you know JW are some of the best workers with pristine work ethics? srs.

Human Rocket
11-14-2011, 12:48 PM

I've worked with a few JW's over the years and can vouch for this... But the one's that go door to door are pretty annoying.

Tekkendo
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
I've worked with a few JW's over the years and can vouch for this... But the one's that go door to door are pretty annoying.
anyone knocking on the door wanting to talk religion is annoying... :D

flairon
11-14-2011, 01:15 PM

so are the scientologists. It doesnt make them any less crazy.

JakeAgnew
11-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I'd say JW's are about as much Christians as Muslims, they acknowledge Jesus but do not believe he is part of the trinity that is god.

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 02:28 PM
I'd say JW's are about as much Christians as Muslims, they acknowledge Jesus but do not believe he is part of the trinity that is god.

Except we follow the bible as closely as possible. Two important factors stand out amongst JW's. One we, have NO blood shed on our hands! Two, we have LOVE among ourselves as would be foretold as one of the composite signs mentioned by our beloved brother, Jesus.

Also, there are many other facts as to our worship which makes us stand out amongst the rest. Another one of those foretold events mentioned in the bible.

So then, we do have basis for our beliefs. It conforms to the the 1'st century Christian congregation as much as possible. We have no paid clergy in our organization. As indicated afore, we do stand out and our beliefs stand alone amongst Christendom. :)

HopingInJehovah
11-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah with them making out Sauron is the good guy.

Here he comes! :)

JakeAgnew
11-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Except we follow the bible as closely as possible.

You mean your own version of the NT which is vastly different in everything that makes a Christian a Christian.

If you don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah, the lord himself in human shape, you are not a Christian.

I was going to write "Muslims follow the OT but that doesn't make them Jews" but it's not a good comparison since the very structure of Christian faith is the holy trinity.

It's been that way ever since the gospels were first written and preached.

Are you JW? Does it bother you that you are not a Christian?

ArchangelDante
11-14-2011, 03:47 PM
my cousin and aunt are JW and from what i understand they believe Jesus was actually Archangel Michael

cross-trainer
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
"before Abraham was, I Am"
John 8:58

This is definitive proof that Jesus is God.

all pro
11-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I can't seew where the bible teaches this notion. Can you show me the sciptures to support this view?That's becuase none of you including your founder Charles Taze Russell, can read Hebrew.
Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus is Jehovah to the glory of God the father.

שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָד

ilovemoney1
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
John 17:1
Jesus spoke these things, and, raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you
two different people in this case

JakeAgnew
11-14-2011, 05:29 PM
That's becuase none of you including your founder Charles Taze Russell, can read Hebrew.
Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus is Jehovah to the glory of God the father.

שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָד

Shema Yisrael. This is your stance, if so you are not a Christian at all. This is a call out to Jews.

Don't use it again.

all pro
11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
two different people in this case Genesis 19
23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.

Exodus 3
1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”

And Moses said, “Here I am.”

5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

ilovemoney1
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Genesis 19
23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.

Exodus 3
1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”

5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.i dont get what our trying to point out in both cases it referred to only 1 person, being referred to as either LORD or God

JakeAgnew
11-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Genesis 19

Exodus 3

5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

So you are a Jew, since you are referencing the Torah?

all pro
11-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Shema Yisrael. This is your stance, if so you are not a Christian at all. This is a call out to Jews.

Don't use it again.If you can read what I posted then you understand the plurality of YHWH.
I'm messianic to be exact. And if you could read Hebrew and understand what the word Yahodi means you'd understand. But that's getting way off the topic of this thread.
What is the difference between the Greek word Christos and the Hebrew word mashiach?

all pro
11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
i dont get what our trying to point out in both cases it referred to only 1 person, being referred to as either LORD or GodNo, there's 2. It reads better in Hebrew.

all pro
11-15-2011, 12:57 PM
So you are a Jew, since you are referencing the Torah? Messianic Jew to be exact.

ilovemoney1
11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
No, there's 2. It reads better in Hebrew.

Only two people in that account was God(Jehovah) and Moses
But Jesus wasnt mentioned

Mr Beer
11-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Here he comes! :)

Sauron? OH **** WHERE IS HE?

all pro
11-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Only two people in that account was God(Jehovah) and Moses
But Jesus wasnt mentionedExodus 3
Moses and the Burning Bush

Genesis 19:24
New International Version (NIV)

24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.

ilovemoney1
11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Exodus 3
Moses and the Burning Bush

Genesis 19:24
New International Version (NIV)

24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.im trying my best not to sound ignorant or anything but seriously what are you trying to point out to me?
Jesus=Son of God
Jehovah(God)= Father of Jesus

Colossians 3:1-3
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through God’s will, and Timothy [our] brother 2 to the holy ones and faithful brothers in union with Christ at Co·los´sae:

May YOU have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father.

3 We thank God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ always when we pray for YOU
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God

John 14:23-28
22 Judas, not Is·car´i·ot, said to him: “Lord, what has happened that you intend to show yourself plainly to us and not to the world?” 23 In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make our abode with him. 24 He that does not love me does not observe my words; and the word that YOU are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.

25 “While remaining with YOU I have spoken these things to YOU. 26 But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach YOU all things and bring back to YOUR minds all the things I told YOU. 27 I leave YOU peace, I give YOU my peace. I do not give it to YOU the way that the world gives it. Do not let YOUR hearts be troubled nor let them shrink for fear. 28 YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming to YOU.[b] If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.

JakeAgnew
11-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Messianic Jew to be exact.

The only way to be that is if you are an Israeli Jew of the Church of Jerusalem.