PDA

View Full Version : cardio

puppychicano
11-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I have a very high body fat 35%. Should I do cardio first thing in the morning or right after weight training? Also for how many minutes at moderate intensity? I'm asthmatic so hiit type cardio can trigger it if I over due it.

nlite2000
11-13-2011, 09:47 PM
I have a very high body fat 35%. Should I do cardio first thing in the morning or right after weight training? Also for how many minutes at moderate intensity? I'm asthmatic so hiit type cardio can trigger it if I over due it.

Your bodyfat is at least 40%, not that it matters. It all comes down to diet. Do 30-45minutes of moderate/light cardio 5-6 times a week. On lifting days, do it after weight training. Diet diet diet though.

Diet.

icebattler
11-13-2011, 09:48 PM
i would go on elliptical to save your knees too

HeavyMetalLover
11-13-2011, 10:26 PM
About the asthma; just force yourself till you grasp for air. I had asthma issue back then but it occurs less frequently as I did more cardio. Don't drink cold waters and don't smoke too, obviously :)

cut4dayz
11-13-2011, 11:53 PM
asthma? get some of dat bronkaid with caffeine--> better breathing and fat loss double win..
but..at your weight just don't do hiit. does not benefit you more than liss cardio

korvix
11-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Don't do cardio

1. At your weight it's bad for joints
2. It makes you hungry which gets you off diet and even more fat

Simply focus on high protein/low carb diet and you will lose the fat
Do 45 minute walks in the evening
Add some light weight lifting to boost your fat burning metabolism

Anyways cardio should be used as a tool to train your heart as a muscle, not for fat burn.
It depletes you of energy, burns no fat, and makes you hungry which causes you to gain fat.

Cardio once a week for the heart is enough.

tiredofthisfat
11-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Don't do cardio

1. At your weight it's bad for joints
2. It makes you hungry which gets you off diet and even more fat

Simply focus on high protein/low carb diet and you will lose the fat
Do 45 minute walks in the evening
Add some light weight lifting to boost your fat burning metabolism

Anyways cardio should be used as a tool to train your heart as a muscle, not for fat burn.
It depletes you of energy, burns no fat, and makes you hungry which causes you to gain fat.

Cardio once a week for the heart is enough.

Can anyone second this because you said don't do cardio but you said do 45min walks in the evening? I'm no expert and I'm not being an arse but I just wanna know cause I walk 2miles in a hour almost daily which is kinda gruesome on my lifting days (even though I know I don't have to do cardio on lifting days I just choose to)

cut4dayz
11-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Can anyone second this because you said don't do cardio but you said do 45min walks in the evening? I'm no expert and I'm not being an arse but I just wanna know cause I walk 2miles in a hour almost daily which is kinda gruesome on my lifting days (even though I know I don't have to do cardio on lifting days I just choose to)

u see he's red bro?
cardio is just good for you..no matter for fat loss or general health. just don't over do it or overestimate your capability of doing it..

Spanishdream
11-14-2011, 02:47 AM
u see he's red bro?
cardio is just good for you..no matter for fat loss or general health. just don't over do it or overestimate your capability of doing it..

This, to an extent. The guy was right about his joints at the OP's weight. LIIS would be beneficial until he's around 30%, then he could crank up the speed.

SOJA
11-14-2011, 03:19 AM
I second the use of an elliptical. At your weight, running or any high impact exercise can be detrimental on high loading joints. But I would recommend killing it in the weight room.

selffirst
11-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Focus on losing the weight through diet...cardio can be a goal later in the process...Good luck

closetspacefull
11-14-2011, 04:01 AM
Yo Bro, been where you've been although maybe not as heavy. When we obese boys start, to be honest, don't get so worked up about small stuff like fasted cardio, 5 meals vs 3 vs 1, high rep low weight vice versa et all.

At this stage, just eating less (within a caloric deficit), and being more active, be it walking up the stairs instead of taking the elevators, taking a walk around the block or a stroll after dinner will push you on the path to weight loss. Try to factor some lifting into your weekly routine to preserve lean body mass while losing fats.

Remember slow and steady might not get you there the fastest but it'll get you there to the end.

Good luck and god bless.