PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition during 12 hours of sleep

Keenl3ody
11-12-2011, 05:42 AM
on the weekends I sleep 12 hours on Saturday night and 12 on friday night (if no work on saturday). normal hours during the week

my question is, in the middle of those 12 hours should I wake up to eat a full meal and then go back to sleep? I feel like 12 hours is a LONG time to sleep without getting any food (I'm currently bulking so I feel it works against me). I wake up skinny as phuck

ArchangelEST
11-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Don't worry about it. Eat like normal.

Keenl3ody
11-12-2011, 05:45 AM
also, I've tries using search to find an answer to this. for once it's something that may not have been covered or I at least can't find it

Ajaro
11-12-2011, 05:54 AM
also, I've tries using search to find an answer to this. for once it's something that may not have been covered or I at least can't find it

except for all the millions of threads about meal frequency and how often you need to eat. And the sticky up top about meal frequency. And the threads about people fasting for 16 or more hours, because once again meal frequency doesn't matter as long as macros are hit.

Yeah, except for those

Keenl3ody
11-12-2011, 05:57 AM
except for all the millions of threads about meal frequency and how often you need to eat. And the sticky up top about meal frequency. And the threads about people fasting for 16 or more hours, because once again meal frequency doesn't matter as long as macros are hit.

Yeah, except for those

chilll....I guess I shouldn't put in "sleep" because it shouldn't make a difference?

I've looked into meal frequency before and I pretty much believe in hitting your daily goals, but wasn't sure about 12 hours....

THANKS for the direction to look into brah

Keenl3ody
11-12-2011, 06:09 AM
well hell while I have this posted, I also have trouble meeting my calorie goals for me go have a surplus and I've started to have to eat more junk food for carbs and more protein shakes. would waking up, eating then going to sleep help me with getting in some during the weekend? or even during the week. or should I just do it tonight and figure out for myself? maybe see if any of y'all have tried it

psychodiver9
11-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Just get a casein drip and you'll be fine

Keenl3ody
11-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Just get a casein drip and you'll be fine

I take a mix of casein and why and make a shake with whole milk before I sleep usually. but that also goes against the meal frequency thing.

if you eat just one meal a day then obviously it's gonna be full digested in less than 24 hours. so can your body store nutrients in other ways then fat, at least in the short term? I know about fat and glucose but can it store protein?

Jenslyn17
11-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Don't worry about it. Any advantage conferred by being anal about meal timing will be so miniscule that it will not be worth the effort. Leave that to the bros :)