PDA

View Full Version : does 1960 calories seem right

dlkor
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
I just want to get it verified by those who are much more knowledgable than myself. Im cutting right now, 6'1 180 lbs im guessing somewhere around 15-17%tile body fat, I put pictures up in the section to get opinions. But I got an app on my ipod that said I should go at 1960 then on 1percentedge website it put my minimum recommended daily calories at 2475 and 80% of that is roughly the same. Im pretty sure theyre fairly accurate just wanted human experience input. Thank you.

Oo other stats from the edge website:
BMR: 1872
TDEE: 2902
LBM: 153 lbs
BMI: 23.7

WonderPug
11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Why do you keep starting threads, yet ignoring all the advice provided? And why do you refuse to read the stickies?

AlwaysTryin
11-10-2011, 09:43 PM
If 2902 is your TDEE then 1960 is far too low

HunterCML
11-10-2011, 09:48 PM
If 2902 is your TDEE then 1960 is far too low

You the devil, bro? Strong rep power.

dlkor
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
im reading em again, i thought those websites and apps would do the calculations for you, but lemme check it over again

WonderPug
11-10-2011, 10:20 PM
im reading em again, i thought those websites and apps would do the calculations for you, but lemme check it over againFrom your prior threads, it appears that you're someone that wants to be told exactly what to do. And you seem very resistant to learning how to make informed decisions for yourself. This is the exact opposite of how you should operate.

Saidy
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
From your prior threads, it appears that you're someone that wants to be told exactly what to do. And you seem very resistant to learning how to make informed decisions for yourself. This is the exact opposite of how you should operate.

LOLed hard!

determined4000
11-10-2011, 10:42 PM
From your prior threads, it appears that you're someone that wants to be told exactly what to do. And you seem very resistant to learning how to make informed decisions for yourself. This is the exact opposite of how you should operate.I disagree
if he did, he would have listened to you by now and read stickies

lol

dlkor
11-10-2011, 10:51 PM
nah jus trying to figure it out, i admit my ignorance of subject but here is how i got those numbers;
Estimating Requirements
The simplest method of estimating needs is to base your intake on a standard 'calories per unit of weight (usually kilograms)'. Typically:
- 31 to 37 kcal/kg/day for those involved in light to moderate activity 3-5 x a week with moderately active lifestyles [14-16 kcal/ pound]

180x 14= 2520 so that is roughly my maintenance level 2520 x.8 = 2016
- To LOSE weight: SUBTRACT 10-20% calories from the total above
Then monitor your results and adjust as required.

or do i use bmr= 1872x moderate active lifestyle number of 1.5=2808 x .8= 2426

im jus trying to learn this stuff

WonderPug
11-10-2011, 10:56 PM
The simplest method of estimating...If you have a decent idea of BF %, use Katch-McArdle to estimate BMR as follows:
BMR = 370 + (21.6 x LBM)Where LBM = [total weight (kg) x (100 - bodyfat %)]/100

Otherwise, use Mifflin-St Jeor as follows:
BMR = [9.99 x weight (kg)] + [6.25 x height (cm)] - [4.92 x age (years)] + 5

nah jus trying to figure it out

And while I understand that English isn't your native language, you should try to at least use proper words.

dlkor
11-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Ok for katch-mcardle BMR= 370 + (21.6 x 153)= 3,674 x .8 =2,939

so i the BMR for the website was way off, well thank you, english is my first language I jus dont really care to type all that proper, when I get back to writing papers I'll refocus on that part. I do appreciate the help tho

WonderPug
11-11-2011, 03:20 AM
english is my first language I jus dont really care to type all that properLet me see if I understand this correctly. English is your first language, but you put forth effort to create the illusion that you have very poor language proficiency. I see. Could you please explain your motivation?

dlkor
11-11-2011, 04:54 AM
i jus really dont care, i think, for the most part what I type is understandable, i write how I talk, now if I were in a more formal setting, or writing a research paper, then of course my slang would not be used and proper grammar, punctuation, and real words would be. but for the time being I am finished with school until I get out the army, and thereafter I will pursue my graduates degree. This week we lost 3 soldiers, close to us in Afghanistan, the cause; the people we share our patrol base with. Insurgents have utilized a new strategy where they infiltrate the ranks of the national army and police, and they because we live in close quarters will try to commit mass murder when our defenses our down. Typing is the least bit of my concerns, I had to wear body armor and have my weapon locked and loaded to get chow. Its not that put an effort forward to sound 'dumb' or to appear I have a loose understanding of the english language, I write how the thoughts get formulated in my head. But dude I do appreciate your willingness to help out, I admit not to know much about nutrition, and I apologize for the last thread, I have read the stickies but sometimes I jumble things up and I also ordered Lyle McDonalds book to further my understanding. thanks again bro

dlkor
11-11-2011, 04:56 AM
see even now, i dont proof read what I just submitted and I can read numerous flaws and even missing words, it jus type it out and submit it