PDA

View Full Version : My diet...please help me improve it...gimme ur suggestions



numbaonestunna
06-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Breakfast (pre-workout):
2 egg whites with one whole egg
Shake with oatmeal, skim milk, one tbsp of natural PB, half a tsp of honey (for a little flavor)
One capsule of Ripped Fuel (will increase to two capsules as I build tolerance up a bit)

Morning Snack (post-workout):
Protein shake (30g protein, skim milk, maybe a banana)

Lunch:
Carrots and Celery
Grilled Chicken Breast (or a can of tuna depending on time constraints)

Afternoon Snack:
One serving of yogurt
One slice whole wheat toast with one tbsp of natural PB
One capsule of Ripped Fuel (will increase to two capsules as I build tolerance up a bit)

Dinner:
Stir-fried Veggies
Stir-fried Chicken or Beef Strips

After Dinner Snack:
Two cups of skim milk or
Cottage Cheese (is it okay if I mix in some salsaÖtastes really good, but Iím not sure about the nutritional value of the salsa)

I donít know much at all about nutrition, but from what Iíve gathered from my few days on this site, this seems very similar to a lot of the plans Iíve seen on here. Iím new to training and initially Iím trying to shed some fat and try to add some muscle (according to a lot of members, since Iím just starting to work out, this may be possible) and Iím trying to learn enough to establish a solid diet that will help me on my way to my goals. I welcome all your suggestions and basically Iím willing to eat whatever it takes to get to my goals (except fishÖI canít eat the stuff). Also, I mix the tuna with salsa (only way I can choke it down) and was wondering if this is ok. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions, I look forward to all your help.


here's some more info about me and my situation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1537390#post1537390

derekmac
06-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by numbaonestunna
Breakfast (pre-workout):
2 egg whites with one whole egg
Shake with oatmeal, skim milk, one tbsp of natural PB, half a tsp of honey (for a little flavor)
One capsule of Ripped Fuel (will increase to two capsules as I build tolerance up a bit)

Morning Snack (post-workout):
Protein shake (30g protein, skim milk, maybe a banana)

Lunch:
Carrots and Celery
Grilled Chicken Breast (or a can of tuna depending on time constraints)

Afternoon Snack:
One serving of yogurt
One slice whole wheat toast with one tbsp of natural PB
One capsule of Ripped Fuel (will increase to two capsules as I build tolerance up a bit)

Dinner:
Stir-fried Veggies
Stir-fried Chicken or Beef Strips

After Dinner Snack:
Two cups of skim milk or
Cottage Cheese (is it okay if I mix in some salsaÖtastes really good, but Iím not sure about the nutritional value of the salsa)

I donít know much at all about nutrition, but from what Iíve gathered from my few days on this site, this seems very similar to a lot of the plans Iíve seen on here. Iím new to training and initially Iím trying to shed some fat and try to add some muscle (according to a lot of members, since Iím just starting to work out, this may be possible) and Iím trying to learn enough to establish a solid diet that will help me on my way to my goals. I welcome all your suggestions and basically Iím willing to eat whatever it takes to get to my goals (except fishÖI canít eat the stuff). Also, I mix the tuna with salsa (only way I can choke it down) and was wondering if this is ok. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions, I look forward to all your help.


here's some more info about me and my situation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1537390#post1537390

What does this breakdown to in terms of calories and protein, carbs and fat?

If you don't like fish, I would recommend supplementing your diet with Omega 3's. These are great for overall cardiovascular health, and really help with your cutting. You can buy flax seed oil, or fish oil.

Other than that, you are eating 6x a day, which is great for cutting.

numbaonestunna
06-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by derekmac
What does this breakdown to in terms of calories and protein, carbs and fat?

If you don't like fish, I would recommend supplementing your diet with Omega 3's. These are great for overall cardiovascular health, and really help with your cutting. You can buy flax seed oil, or fish oil.

Other than that, you are eating 6x a day, which is great for cutting.

i haven't done the breakdown on the calories, protein, carbs, and fat....will do that either later tonight or tomorrow....where can i get flax seed oil or fish oil? and how much should i consume? and how do i consume it, just toss it down straight or mix it with something?

ps...thanx for your help

derekmac
06-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by numbaonestunna
i haven't done the breakdown on the calories, protein, carbs, and fat....will do that either later tonight or tomorrow....where can i get flax seed oil or fish oil? and how much should i consume? and how do i consume it, just toss it down straight or mix it with something?

ps...thanx for your help

You can get flax almost anywhere....I get mine at Sams Club.
I'm taking Fish oil, 5g a day (5 capsules) with meals.

Both Flax and Fish Oil are excellent sources of Omega 3's- Plus, they're cheap ;)

numbaonestunna
06-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by derekmac
You can get flax almost anywhere....I get mine at Sams Club.
I'm taking Fish oil, 5g a day (5 capsules) with meals.

Both Flax and Fish Oil are excellent sources of Omega 3's- Plus, they're cheap ;)

dude, didn't know they were capsules...that'll make it easy!!! btw, you've been an awesome help, both here and on my other threads...thanx a lot bro...really appreciate it

numbaonestunna
06-25-2003, 01:32 AM
any other help...it would be greatly appreciated....i need all the help i can get :(

derekmac
06-25-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by numbaonestunna
dude, didn't know they were capsules...that'll make it easy!!! btw, you've been an awesome help, both here and on my other threads...thanx a lot bro...really appreciate it

No problem :cool:

If you have other questions, feel free to PM me.

Derek.