PDA

View Full Version : How do my macro's look?

runner4jc
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Hey guys, I'm on a bulk routine/diet and I was wondering if you could check to see how my macro's look.
My maintenance calories/day are around 2750 so adding 500 to that to gain a lb a week would be 3250.
After reading the stickies and making sure I obtained the minimum fat/protein requirements, I filled in with whatever else I wanted.
I know my protein levels are higher than what most would go for but I live my meat, and it just so happens to have a lot of protein..:)
Anyways, here goes:

Fats:85
Carbs:360
Protein:250

What do you think? Thanks.

Also, are there any advantages of going higher carbs or fats once minimum requirements of protein/fats are met? Should I go lower carb and higher fat on rest days?

EddyCutting
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey guys, I'm on a bulk routine/diet and I was wondering if you could check to see how my macro's look.
My maintenance calories/day are around 2750 so adding 500 to that to gain a lb a week would be 3250.
After reading the stickies and making sure I obtained the minimum fat/protein requirements, I filled in with whatever else I wanted.
I know my protein levels are higher than what most would go for but I live my meat, and it just so happens to have a lot of protein..:)
Anyways, here goes:

Also, are there any advantages of going higher carbs or fats once minimum requirements of protein/fats are met? Should I go lower carb and higher fat on rest days?

Do what you prefer. If you like eating carbs, eat them. If you like fat's more, eat more fats. Looks good :)

runner4jc
11-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks. Anyone else's thoughts? What about my other questions?

LyleMc4Trollol
11-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Anyways, here goes:

take down to pro to:150-175 why
The urea cycle operates only to eliminate excess nitrogen. On high-protein diets the carbon skeletons of the amino acids are oxidized for energy or stored as fat and glycogen, but the amino nitrogen must be excreted. To facilitate this process, enzymes of the urea cycle are controlled at the gene level. With long-term changes in the quantity of dietary protein, changes of 20-fold or greater in the concentration of cycle enzymes are observed. When dietary proteins increase significantly, enzyme concentrations rise. On return to a balanced diet, enzyme levels decline. Under conditions of starvation, enzyme levels rise as proteins are degraded and amino acid carbon skeletons are used to provide energy, thus increasing the quantity of nitrogen that must be excreted.

in caveman terms your protein is high that all that extra protein is going to get converted into blood glucose.
so drop pro increase cho!

iphone4s
11-08-2011, 02:18 PM
150lb = ~2800cal ? you sure the calculations are right?

runner4jc
11-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I have a pretty high metabolism and low bodyfat % so I have some room to play with..haha