PDA

View Full Version : Would Yankees consider signing Jose Reyes?

EdgarAllanPoe
11-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm a Yankees fan but team is getting super old....I like Jeter, still think he has some production in him but I don't like him at leadoff and at some point before his contract expires I would imagine he has to be moved from SS. The obvious spot in my opinion to move him is LF as every other position is accounted for...i'd rather have Jeter than Gardner. Keep gardner as UTIL of or let him walk as i'm sure he could find a starting OF job on other teams.

Reyes is an upgrade defensively but more so as a legit leadoff hitter with awesome wheels. Jeter could go back to his #2 spot which i think suits him better as long as he's producing (hitting behind the runner, situational hitter, bunting, etc)

Other hole will be DH assuming they don't resign Posada which pretty much everyone believes is a foregone conclusion.

I just don't know if this will be the year that yankee mgmt decides to try and move jeter....i think its inevitable that it has to happen relatively soon.

magicmatt
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM
hes gonna be a great addition to the red sox

thefederalist
11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
jeter hit just under .300 this year. ain't gonna happen. not sure why we re-signed swisher, though. should've dumped him and hopefully posada and gone after bautista. yes bankee fan

edit: yanks don't have DH time available for a guy w/o much pop like Jeter. Pena/Nunez and Jeter can't both be in the lineup at once. Plus where does Montero fit in with Martin needed behind the plate. A-rod and Tex to some extent will need to DH too for rest. it's either SS or nothing for Jeter

EdgarAllanPoe
11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
jeter hit just under .300 this year. ain't gonna happen. not sure why we re-signed swisher, though. should've dumped him and hopefully posada and gone after bautista. yes bankee fan
jeters batting avg doesn't have anything to do with his fielding...he rarely dives after any ball which i think is another reason why his range is poor, he doesn't dive for ANYTHING to his left, lol....i think he's serviceable i don't think he's terrible at short by any means, but a younger more athletic guy would make for a great improvement. I think he would make a clean transition to LF. Still seeing the ball from the same angle, ball will have the natural curve on it. I always played SS and 3B, on one team i moved to 2B and it really was different seeing the ball come off the bat with opposite rotation after 10 years or so from other direction.

I love the Swisher signing, he's got power, he's capable of playing all 3 OF positions and 1B, he can DH. He is always top of the league in OBP even if his avg is on the lower side but he gets on base more than most people either way. Walks are as good as hits especially in NYY lineup. PLUS he's very charismatic, it looks like he's always in a positive mood and lightening things up seems like everybody really likes him. He's good for the clubhouse, to get a younger high energy guy in there.

Almost88
11-04-2011, 11:08 AM

Yeah bautista is really on the block after they just signed him for 5 years to a very affordable deal.

ezmac31
11-04-2011, 11:11 AM
he will be a tiger, srs

WheyneNewton
11-04-2011, 11:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XP5I4.jpg

BertoTheCook
11-04-2011, 11:18 AM
They should, he's been the best SS in New York for some time now.

EdgarAllanPoe
11-05-2011, 07:51 AM
hes the best leadoff now imo too....jeter is too aggressive to be your prototypical leadoff, he is much better at 2 especially with his tendency to hit behind runners and ability to bunt