PDA

View Full Version : Trent Richardson

Darevrin43
11-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Was on ESPN and said he can bench 475 but coach wont let him do more. He said he can do over 500 if coach let him. Just crazy how much of a beast this guy really is

CobyWan
11-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Does he even lift?

911medic
11-02-2011, 10:23 AM
yeah, and add a 600lb squat with 4.4 speed. Guy's a beast.

Does he even lift?

Yeah, a little. Won the Florida state Class 2a weightlifting competition in high school.

Richardson benched 380, clean and jerked 325 for a total of 705. Second-place was a guy named Brooke Peters from Sarasota High, who benched 355 and cleaned and jerked 330 for a total of 685.

In 2008, Richardson (weighing 214.6 pounds) had finished in second place after benching 345 and clean and jerking 335 for a total of 680.

Stompin_Tom
11-02-2011, 10:55 AM
this is new and exciting

Clives_Bicep
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM
he would look good wearing Titans blue and taking CJ's place

911medic
11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
this is new and exciting

There is a really good article on ESPN about Trent. Lots of stuff I never knew about him:

He has two young kids, both girls, age 3 and 5. His first was born when he was a sophmore in high school.

The girls' mother, Sevina Fatu, was a longtime girlfriend of Richardson's in Pensacola. Sevina Fatu is from a family of famous Samoan-American professional wrestlers. Her uncle, Edward "Eki" Fatu, was known by his ring name Umaga and was a two-time World Wrestling Entertainment intercontinental champion. Several other family members were wrestlers, including her cousins, Jonathan and Joshua Fatu, who still wrestle under the ring names Jimmy and Jey Uso.

Kartina Richardson (Trent's mother) had three biological sons, and he also had three adopted brothers.

One of Richardson's adopted brothers, Zan Carter, lives with him and attends high school in Tuscaloosa. When Richardson's younger brother started to stray last summer, Richardson agreed to take him in. "I moved him down here and he got his grades right," Richardson said. "He's on track now. He's made me proud. I'm like a proud father."

Richardson, who has a 3.26 GPA in business, said sports were about the only way to escape Warrington Village. One of his older brothers, Terrell, played defensive end at Louisiana-Lafayette from 2007 to 2010. "Me and my brother were probably the first people to make it out of there and go to college," Richardson said.

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith, who also grew up in a housing project in Pensacola, has become a mentor to Richardson over the past few years.

"He is a cool guy," Richardson said. "We chat sometimes. He tells me I'm doing well and to stay humble. He tells me not to let people get in my ear. He tells me to stay out of trouble."

Former boxing champion Roy Jones Jr., another Pensacola native, also has mentored Richardson. Jones has attended a handful of Richardson's games at Alabama.

"He's like a big brother to me," Richardson said.

He broke a Florida single-game rushing record with 419 yards against Milton (Fla.) High School in 2008.

Driven29
11-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I wonder if anyone here has played Division 1 football and can give me an accurate answer to this question.
Before anyone goes all psycho over steroids/PH etc, I'm neither advocating their use or ignoring the benefits they can provide.

(1) Do college football players get randomly tested (when I say random, I mean they are not given ANY prior notice to a test).
(2) Are they tested throughout the year (INCLUDING the summer) or just during the school year?

And lastly, before anyone bites my head off, I'm strictly asking for curiosity sake:

(3) Does anyone here think that some of these guys MIGHT be taking anything?

PumpAndGrow
11-02-2011, 11:49 AM
this thread is lacking T rich pics

PumpAndGrow
11-02-2011, 11:51 AM
also hes gonna be a beast in the NFL. calling it now

P51
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I wonder if anyone here has played Division 1 football and can give me an accurate answer to this question.
Before anyone goes all psycho over steroids/PH etc, I'm neither advocating their use or ignoring the benefits they can provide.

(1) Do college football players get randomly tested (when I say random, I mean they are not given ANY prior notice to a test).
(2) Are they tested throughout the year (INCLUDING the summer) or just during the school year?

And lastly, before anyone bites my head off, I'm strictly asking for curiosity sake:

My brother played D1 at MAC school and I'm pretty good friends with a few OSU players here.
(1)No
(2)Depends. I don't know here at OSU, but my brother got tested at training and that was it.
(3)Brother said a lot of people do when they're on the bench (2nd string etc..)

SnoCone
11-02-2011, 12:00 PM

1. the way they did it here is they let you know that a test was coming up in say 2 weeks, then they would take pull a couple letters of the alphabet like a e l p g and everyone with a last name starting with that letter would have to test, doesnt happen to often and easy to pass.

911medic
11-02-2011, 12:00 PM
this thread is lacking T rich pics You're right....

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd187/Stonewall1563/richardson-runs-2ndq-almondjpg-fad93524a9903cf3.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd187/Stonewall1563/alabama_trent_richardson.jpg