PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 8 power rankings

Nutella!
10-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Saints @ #2 because they won by 62 points against the colts.. PLS go..

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/10/25/2512628/nfl-power-rankings-2011-week-8-green-bay-packers-new-orleans-saints

1. Green Bay Packers (7-0, LW: 1): Last week I said this is the best team in football and it's not even close. That's still true this week. I really do wonder who's going to beat the Pack (if anyone).

2. New Orleans Saints (5-2, LW: 7): The Saints jump over the Patriots and 49ers this week because putting up 62 points on any NFL team, even the Colts, is awfully impressive. Drew Brees, by the way, is completing over 70 percent of his passes.

3. New England Patriots (5-1, LW: 3): They'll be tested in the coming weeks against the Steelers, Giants, Jets, Chiefs and Eagles. I have a feeing they'll do just fine in that stretch.

4. San Francisco 49ers (5-1, LW: 5): Think 5-1 is impressive? Look at this schedule and tell me how many wins you see. I count as many as 12 or 13.

5. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2, LW: 8): Same old formula: decent offense with an elite defense but guys like Mike Wallace bring that offense up a notch. Seems like Pittsburgh's been quietly winning this year after getting blown out in Week 1.

6. Baltimore Ravens (4-2, LW: 2): Dude. The Jaguars? Really?

7. San Diego Chargers (4-2, LW: 4): Uh-oh. The Chargers couldn't close out the Jets now they're playing for the AFC West lead against the Chiefs on Monday night, a stadium they lost in on Monday night last year. Hmm.

8. Detroit Lions (5-2, LW: 6): That's two losses in a row. Were the Lions a bit of a fluke early on? Did they start believing they were good? Winning two (Broncos, Panthers) of their next three is very possible and that'd move them to 7-3 entering Week 12.

9. Buffalo Bills (4-2, LW: 10): This is a team that still has to play the Dolphins twice. They're going to be somebody to deal with as the playoff pictures comes into focus.

10. New York Giants (4-2, LW: 11): I mentioned this last week but the Giants season comes down to this stretch: at Patriots, at 49ers, Eagles, at Saints, Packers and at Cowboys.

11. Houston Texans (4-3, LW: 15): Next four: Jags, Browns, Bucs and Jags. If the Texans are going to make their move, this is it. There is simply no excuse not to win this division.

12. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2, LW: 13): Say what you want about Cincy but this is the fourth ranked defense in the league. That's nothing to laugh at. And when you get a team that turns it on in the fourth quarter, they're somebody to watch out for.

13. New York Jets (4-3, LW: 18): Big-time win over the Chargers, a win they desperately needed. The Jets can't fall too far behind in the AFC.

14. Chicago Bears (4-3, LW: 17): Jay Cutler's playing pretty well under less-than-ideal conditions with that offensive line. That's a good sign for the future.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-3, LW: 9): Gotta beat the Bears if you're thinking of winning the NFC South.

16. Dallas Cowboys (3-3, LW: 19): They had their first "get well" game against the Rams. The Seahawks can be the same in a couple weeks. The NFC East is still wide open.

17. Oakland Raiders (4-3, LW: 12): They're definitely right in the AFC West race but still a bit of a wildcard. It depends how Carson Palmer looks once he's had more than a week of practice under him.

18. Atlanta Falcons (4-3, LW: 20): They've finally won two in a row this season. I think the Falcons can play more consistently down the stretch but I won't be betting on it.

19. Washington Redskins (3-3, LW: 14): I'm not quite sure what to do with the Redskins. I think you have to win games against Carolina if there's an idea that you can win the division (and, yes, they can win the division because seemingly no one wants to jump out in front in the NFC East).

20. Philadelphia Eagles (2-4, LW: 21): Three straight home games coming up, including Sunday night (and three of their next four are in primetime, by the way) against the Cowboys. Another one of those must-win games.

21. Kansas City Chiefs (3-3, LW: 23): Quietly, the Chiefs have moved on from their 89-10 combined loss in the first two games and come back to win three in a row. Believe it or not, KC can get a share of the AFC West lead by beating San Diego on Halloween night.

22. Tennessee Titans (3-3, LW: 16): I think the Texans are the better team in the AFC South but I also think the Titans can still win the division. Houston will give them an opportunity to get back into it.

23. Cleveland Browns (3-3, LW: 22): Definitely a team on the rise but they need to prove they can beat good teams before I take them too seriously.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-5, LW: 28): OK, Jacksonville, that was a huge (but ugly) win. You get a good bump for that in our power rankings. Snapping the five-game losing streak is big.

25. Denver Broncos (2-4, LW: 27): Interesting things in Denver. Tim Tebow may need a few more dramatic comebacks with games coming up against the Lions and then at Oakland and at Kansas City.

26. Carolina Panthers (2-5, LW: 24): Sometimes when you do these power rankings, you want to rank a team higher but can't justify putting them over another team. I want to put them higher but I just can't do it right now. That's my bad, Panthers fans.

27. Arizona Cardinals (1-5, LW: 25): With a game in Baltimore, 1-6 is around the corner. What a disappointing season for a team I thought would compete for the NFC West crown.

28. Seattle Seahawks (2-4, LW: 26): The Seahawks are the losers in the ugliest game of the year battle. 6-3?

29. Minnesota Vikings (1-6, LW: 29): Hard to say a 1-6 team is promising but I like Christian Ponder and this team has weapons. They could be good down the road.

30. St. Louis Rams (0-6, LW: 30): Worst defense in the NFL and second to worst offense in the NFL. Most disappointing team in the league this year (outside Philly)?

31. Indianapolis Colts (0-7, LW: 31): Embarrassing. 62 points on national TV? That's a game that gets people fired.

32. Miami Dolphins (0-6, LW: 32): The Colts have an argument for last place but the Dolphins remain here after completely blowing it last week. That was incredible.

BullStampede
10-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Dolphins at 32? lol pls go

lol not srs

joshnumber21
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
How are the Browns at 23? 6-3 ring a bell?

Those editors need to pass the pipe before taking their third hit and writing things like that.

adamsteve14
10-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Everything looks just about right to me.

Onita
10-25-2011, 08:44 AM
How are the Browns at 23? 6-3 ring a bell?

Those editors need to pass the pipe before taking their third hit and writing things like that.

Because we have more wins than anyone below us. I'd still put half those teams above us though :\

laxer32
10-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Baltimore Ravens (4-2, LW: 2): Dude. The Jaguars? Really?

okayface.jpeg

bigfish18q
10-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Pretty okay with the Bengals at 12. Espn power rankings had them at like 18 last week, which was kind of stupid. Btw don't they still have the number 1 defense? As in yds allowed per game.

Edit: They have # 2 defense behind Ravens according to yds/game allowed.

Sanders21
10-25-2011, 09:19 AM
awwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

4thelvofthegme
10-25-2011, 09:24 AM
chargers are too high. they havent really beaten any good teams. the jets dont do much good except for defending the pass. id but them about 15 and 16. if the cowboys and run the ball at all now, i think they could win that division. romos mistakes come from an inability to run the ball. their defense is pretty solid, id move them ahead of both of those teams

Nutella!
10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
this is ESPN's

1 (1) Packers 7-0 Watching Aaron Rodgers play these days is like watching Nolan Ryan when he was throwing no-hitters. (Clayton)

2 (2) Patriots 5-1 An upcoming showdown with the Steelers could be a postseason preview. (Walker)

3 (5) Saints 5-2 After hammering Indianapolis by 55 points, the Saints tee up the winless Rams in Week 8. (Sando)

4 (4) 49ers 5-1 Braylon Edwards is among those returning as the 49ers get stronger coming off their bye. (Sando)

5 (8) Steelers 5-2 Don't look now, but the reigning AFC champs have won three straight. (Walker)

6 (3) Ravens 4-2 The defense is championship-caliber. But the offense has a loooong way to go. (Walker)

7 (10) Bills 4-2 Buffalo is coming off a bye with an eye on improving its defense. (Walker)

8 (6) Lions 5-2 More troubling than the lack of a running game for the Lions is their inability to stop the run. (Clayton)

9 (7) Chargers 4-2 Have played two good teams, New England and the Jets, and have lost to them both. (Kuharsky)

10 (14) Bears 4-3 By beating the Bucs in London, the Bears ensured they will be in the playoff hunt until the end. (Clayton)

11 (11) Giants 4-2 The Giants are quietly in first place, and getting healthier. Their second-half schedule is a bear, though. (Fox)

12 (17) Texans 4-3 Should be 6-3 after visits from the Jaguars and Browns, but they don't always do what they should. (Kuharsky)

13 (16) Jets 4-3 WR Plaxico Burress, 34, found the fountain of youth with three TD catches in Week 7. (Walker)

14 (19) Falcons 4-3 It's a mystery how Matt Ryan escaped serious injury when a teammate stepped on his ankle. (Sando)

15 (9) Raiders 4-3 Season could be determined by Carson Palmer's crash course during bye week. (Kuharsky)

16 (18) Bengals 4-2 So far, the Carson Palmer trade with Oakland looks like a steal. (Walker)

17 (12) Buccaneers 4-3 Josh Freeman has four more INTs through six games than he had in 16 games last season. (Sando)

18 (21) Cowboys 3-3 Finally, the Cowboys got a blowout win, thanks to rookie DeMarco Murray's 253 rushing yards, the most by a player this season. (Fox)

19 (13) Titans 3-3 Look to be staying the course, but two brutal losses demand some level of shakeup. (Kuharsky)

20 (15) Redskins 3-3 Two straight losses, shaky quarterback play and a couple of significant injuries have the Redskins slipping in the rankings. (Fox)

21 (24) Chiefs 3-3 The Chiefs have done an impressive job of getting back to .500 after an 0-3 start. (Kuharsky)

22 (20) Eagles 2-4 If the Eagles can cut out the turnovers and get a few stops on defense, they are going to be a factor. (Fox)

23 (25) Panthers 2-5 Cam Newton is making all the draft-day doubters appear guilty of overthinking what makes a QB. (Sando)

24 (23) Browns 3-3 Defensive coordinator Dick Jauron deserves credit for keeping the Browns in games. (Walker)

25 (29) Jaguars 2-5 A stellar performance Monday night showed what they can be, and how bad the Ravens' O can be. (Kuharsky)

26 (22) Seahawks 2-4 Before Sunday, Seattle had been 42-0 when holding opponents to six or fewer points. (Sando)

27 (27) Broncos 2-4 Big finish washed away a terrible showing and poured fuel on Tebow-mania. (Kuharsky)

28 (28) Vikings 1-6 Christian Ponder did well moving outside the pocket and sparking what had been a dead offense. (Clayton)

29 (26) Cardinals 1-5 Ken Whisenhunt is pointing to footwork as the primary impediment for QB Kevin Kolb at this point. (Sando)

30 (31) Rams 0-6 Steve Spagnuolo's inability to hold the defense together could cost him in his final assessment. (Sando)

31 (30) Dolphins 0-6 Even Miami RB Reggie Bush says his team "stinks." (Walker)

32 (32) Colts 0-7 No matter how professional coaches and players are, things are bound to start to come apart. (Kuharsky)

Beliedat
10-25-2011, 09:37 AM
7. San Diego Chargers (4-2, LW: 4)

http://i.imgur.com/Ai0hM.gif

paper champions 4 lyfe.

melanimal_old
10-25-2011, 09:45 AM
wow Houston is getting no respect.

thefederalist
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
explain to me how the chargers are almost a top 5 team...they've beaten the Vikings, Dolphins, KC and Denver. lol wut?

its50
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Steelers/Saints too high, Bears too low

joshnumber21
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Because we have more wins than anyone below us. I'd still put half those teams above us though :\

Exactly. I think the W/L record of the Browns is deceiving at this point, Hillis needs to be 100%.

Beliedat
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
explain to me how the chargers are almost a top 5 team...they've beaten the Vikings, Dolphins, KC and Denver. lol wut?

And only one of those wins was by more than 7 pts.