PDA

View Full Version : Prof. makes comment about the NFL draft combine

Dropkicking
10-24-2011, 09:12 PM
-Prof. says lots of African Americans play in the NFL --> True.
-Then says the NFL combine takes a measurement of all these statistics (speed, height, weight, strength, etc.) --> Okay.
-Players are then selected on how good their stats/measurements are --> Not necessarily, but to some extent sure these measurements might come into play (Well for Al Davis they did, brb selecting fastest guys in the draft).
-Therefore this is comparable to the act to the white man selecting slaves to work in his field --> Not sure if srs..

What say you sports misc? Oh and my prof is a female and she is a feminist if that counts for anything.

GrecoRoman
10-24-2011, 09:16 PM
-a lot of asians in college.
-Colleges look at a measurement of gpa and test scores
-Students are then selected on how good their stats are.
-therefore this is comparable to the act of the white man selecting slaves to work in his field

see what I did there

SteezeFactory
10-24-2011, 09:17 PM
White players get drafted too. They also get selected by their stats/measurements.

Cliffs: Your teacher is a dumb whore that should stick to talking about something relevant to her knowledge. Like selecting the right refrigerator for your kitchen based on its stats and measurements.

Oh and lots of refrigerators are black, so buying kitchen appliances = white man selecting his slave. Dumb hoe.

tyqb4
10-24-2011, 09:17 PM
wonder what she thinks about hockey

BullStampede
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
tell her I think she is retarded.

I could make that comparison with anything. corporate america, colleges, sports, sex, hot air balloons, etc.

BullStampede
10-24-2011, 09:19 PM
White players get drafted too. They also get selected by their stats/measurements.

Cliffs: Your teacher is a dumb whore that should stick to talking about something relevant to her knowledge. Like selecting the right refrigerator for your kitchen based on its stats and measurements.

Oh and lots of refrigerators are black, so buying kitchen appliances = white man selecting his slave. Dumb hoe.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/SPicior/WhoSaid.jpg

Stompin_Tom
10-24-2011, 09:21 PM
lol....its pretty much true

Pro_Shark
10-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Your teacher is dumb as fuk cuz.

BeachBrah22
10-24-2011, 09:22 PM
WomenTalkingAboutSports/thread

jprockjr
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
if that was the case, i'd be a proud slave

OptimusPoster
10-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Slaves paid millions to play a game.

SteezeFactory
10-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Slaves paid millions to play a game.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kwD4gGOTodE/TZDGcWQwl1I/AAAAAAAANsk/HwxMsZnTSxE/s1600/Adrian+Peterson.jpg

pedobearu_aware
10-24-2011, 09:30 PM
This thread has Masstastic written all over it.

LostOne287
10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
This thread has Masstastic written all over it.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/in/grand/C7GPi.gif

Otaman
10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
-a lot of asians in college.
-Colleges look at a measurement of gpa and test scores
-Students are then selected on how good their stats are.
-therefore this is comparable to the act of the white man selecting slaves to work in his field

see what I did there

yeah well you did it wrong there dude

At the end of the day you don't work for college, you get a certain qualification and then you're free to go work anywhere you please. You can leave college

anytime you want.

plus the selection process is different than that of slaves (who were mainly selected based on their strength, stamina, speed levels, which then compares to NFL selection practices).

And who are the owners of NFL franchises? Rich white men. Who profit from employing fit black males. Also there are contracts that bind players to stay within their respected institutions

I kinda agree with OP's prof's reasoning. It does resemble slavery in a way, however there is a lot more freedom and compensation involved

Pro_Shark
10-24-2011, 09:42 PM

At the end of the day you don't work for college, you get a certain qualification and then you're free to go work anywhere you please. You can leave college

anytime you want.

plus the selection process is different than that of slaves (who were mainly selected based on their strength, stamina, speed levels, which then compares to NFL selection practices).

And who are the owners of NFL franchises? Rich white men. Who profit from employing fit black males. Also there are contracts that bind players to stay within their respected institutions

I kinda agree with OP's prof's reasoning. It does resemble slavery in a way, however there is a lot more freedom and compensation involved

Except, you know, the whole thing about them WILLINGLY entering the league of their own free will, and getting paid millions to play a freaking game.

GrecoRoman
10-24-2011, 09:43 PM

anytime you want.

1) there is no compensation involved in college most of the time. There is massive compensation involved in football. And a player can leave at any time.
2) Yes I understand that one is a physical selection process while the other is intellectual.
3) OP's prof's reasoning sucks total ass as did my analogy In which I was making fun of hers. The idea that today's NFL even remotely resembles the slave trade is incredibly stupid. Pls join OP's professor in returning to the kitchen.

If anything College Football could have been used for a much better comparison but southpark already did that.