PDA

View Full Version : Macros from Fast Food and Body Composition

sawdusk
10-24-2011, 02:29 PM
I have tried to avoid asking any questions on this site as most all answers are searchable, however, after reading the stickies and searching posts, I do not have a clear idea of what the "quality" of food means to body composition. Putting health issues aside, from a purely aesthetic point of view, if one person gets his macros from high quality chicken, fish, nuts, fruits, and vegetables, while another person satisfies say 50% of his macros from fast food, what would the difference be in their body composition?

All other things equal (workouts, calories), would the person satisfying 100% of their macros from "clean" sources have an easier time cutting or bulking or generally look better than the person who gets half his protein from say taco bell chicken tacos?

Thanks.

WonderPug
10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Your body has absolutely no idea what foods you call "good" or "clean", and thus it will return the exact same results if the intake of micro/macronutrients are equal.

Siafu4Life
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
I have tried to avoid asking any questions on this site as most all answers are searchable, however, after reading the stickies and searching posts, I do not have a clear idea of what the "quality" of food means to body composition. Putting health issues aside, from a purely aesthetic point of view, if one person gets his macros from high quality chicken, fish, nuts, fruits, and vegetables, while another person satisfies say 50% of his macros from fast food, what would the difference be in their body composition?

All other things equal (workouts, calories), would the person satisfying 100% of their macros from "clean" sources have an easier time cutting or bulking or generally look better than the person who gets half his protein from say taco bell chicken tacos?

Thanks.

In terms of "bodyweight and composition"...it's not going to make a difference.

Iceman1800
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
probably would technically be the same but you don't know exact weights of fast foods to get accurate macro counts IMHO. plus you have no real way of knowing the macros in sauces and other things they add to fast foods like oil/grease its cooked in, seasonings, stuff like that.

sawdusk
10-24-2011, 02:37 PM
thank you for the replies and information.

dodzy
10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
If that were true then why do bodybuilders buy omega oils. They are just fats, same as lard and yet many are willing to spend quite a lot of money on them. I don't care if it gets me negs, IIFYM does not make sense. Food is not just calories and your body does not just convert fuel into energy. Believe what you want but if that means believing that eating sucrose to fit your carb macros is the same as eating a variety of fruit/veg/complex carbs then I certainly don't agree

Bovis23
10-24-2011, 05:02 PM
either way, body composition =/= health

too much fast food is not good for you