PDA

View Full Version : Just because I don't cheer for Tim Tebow, doesn't mean I'm anti-christian

tonym9428
10-23-2011, 09:59 PM
This seriously bugs me. There are 3 teams in the world I will never cheer for. In fact, I hope
each of them has a horrible time each season. Those three teams are the sd charger, denver
broncos, and oakland raiders. Yes, I am a kc chiefs fan, though i moved to denver a few months ago.
I do hope Tim Tebow and the Broncos lose the rest of their games. It's not because i'm anti christians,
it's because they're our divisional "rivals."

So no I do cheer for Tim Tebow, and no that does not make me anti christian.

PS: I'm a born again evangelical christian.

Also, there are plenty of other evangelical christians in the NFL. Why is Tebow singled out as
the messiah. Is it just cause he's the young white guy who seems non-threatening, while
big scary guys like Brian Waters scare suburban football fans. IDK?

Just had to rant.

MenTaLPiRacY
10-23-2011, 10:00 PM
This seriously bugs me. There are 3 teams in the world I will never cheer for. In fact, I hope
each of them has a horrible time each season. Those three teams are the sd charger, denver
broncos, and oakland raiders. Yes, I am a kc chiefs fan. I do hope Tim Tebow and the Broncos
lose the rest of their games. It's not because i'm anti christians, it's because they're our divisional
rivals.

PS: I'm a born again evangelical christian.

Also, there are plenty of other evangelical christians in the NFL. Why is Tebow singled out as
the messiah. Is it just cause he's the young white guy who seems non-threatening, while
big scary guys like Brian Waters scare suburban football fans. IDK?

Just had to rant.
I dont think that.. unless you say that..

tonym9428
10-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I dont think that.. unless you say that..

I've heard that sentiment expressed numerous times on sports forums.
People say that the Tebow haters just are liberal god haters, and I just don't
think that's a accurate description. Though there probably are some people
who don't like him for that reason.

Also, you're hear that sentiment at a lot of evangelical churches accross the country.
Tim Tebow is seen as a persecuted figure because he's vocal about his christian
faith. (has been expressed at my church also)

1GGY
10-23-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm 100% anti-Christian and I can't stand the guy, but to say everyone is like that is asinine, just like most Christians.

MenTaLPiRacY
10-23-2011, 11:23 PM
I've heard that sentiment expressed numerous times on sports forums.
People say that the Tebow haters just are liberal god haters, and I just don't
think that's a accurate description. Though there probably are some people
who don't like him for that reason.

Also, you're hear that sentiment at a lot of evangelical churches accross the country.
Tim Tebow is seen as a persecuted figure because he's vocal about his christian
faith. (has been expressed at my church also)
Yeah, but i dont assume people who dont like him is due to his faith.. i assume its because he gets so much press coverage and he doesnt have the skills to be a NFL QB.. Also people like to hate on winners..

I'm 100% anti-Christian and I can't stand the guy, but to say everyone is like that is asinine, just like most Christians.
I like how you make a respectful argument to defend a group of people then u throw a jab at another group of people. very classy.

1GGY
10-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, but i dont assume people who dont like him is due to his faith.. i assume its because he gets so much press coverage and he doesnt have the skills to be a NFL QB.. Also people like to hate on winners..

I like how you make a respectful argument to defend a group of people then u throw a jab at another group of people. very classy.Right. I called most Christians foolish. How silly of me.

MenTaLPiRacY
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Right. I called most Christians foolish. How silly of me.

classy...

1GGY
10-23-2011, 11:53 PM
classy...Its not hard to ignore me.

jimbogr
10-23-2011, 11:55 PM

Nevermind. No way you last until next week without getting banned.