PDA

View Full Version : Name the players who are top 5 in tackles this season

4backcracks
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM
check against the actual list to see how many you get. Honestly I have never heard of a single one of these guys.

1. Pat Angerer, IND 73
2. Kavell Conner, IND 58
3. George Wilson, BUF 57
4. Desmond Bishop, GB 57
5. NaVorro Bowman, SF 56

Skill3d
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
not surprised with IND linebackers up there since they're on the field 65% of the time.

NaVorro Bowman was a beast at Penn State, Peter King wrote about him on last weeks MMQB.

iamgenus
10-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that Wilson is up there. Doesn't seem right that a safety is top 5 in tackles.

Not surprised to see Indy players up there.

4backcracks
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Is Angerer a budding elite LB or just a product of his circumstances?

Budly69
10-23-2011, 09:01 PM

I picked him to be a breakout start when he was drafted out of Iowa a couple years ago but I dont think he will be... most likely a good but not great LB. And honestly OP, if you havent heard of Angerer, Bishop or Bowman you need to pls go.

Baker19
10-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I know Pat Angerer, Navaro Bowmann, and Desmond Bishop are on that list because I have a FF league that I'm in where we pick a defense and I have all 3, other 2 I have no clue

Greek_kid
10-23-2011, 09:41 PM

I am a Colts fan so I watch a lot of the games, out of all of our defenders, I have been growing on Angerer, he seems to really play hard which I havnt seen out of a Colts LB in forever, which just means we will either trade him or not resign him when the time comes like normal...for some reason we do not like to keep our great Lb'ers

ElMariachi
10-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Bowman is a beast, he's been outplaying Patrick Willis this year, giving the 49ers the best pair of ILB's in the NFL.

Sszpernoga
10-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Angerer is actually looking pretty good from what I've seen.

George Wilson is surprisingly up there but it seems like every time I watch any clips of the Bills defense, Wilson is almost always involved in the play. The guy is all over the field.

And Bowman is pretty beastly from what I have seen so far. If the guy develops into a stud then him and Willis together is just deadly.

BrawnySwoleman
10-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Won't lie, I've never heard of Conner, and I wouldn't have heard of Bowman if I hadn't played a game of Madden with the 49ers the other day lol.

Johnny Rotten
10-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Same goes for offensive players with good stats....

Stats mean nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brb Aaron Rodgers
brb Calvin Johnson

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reality it's...

brb Tom Brady, Ben Roethlliberger, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, etc...(you get the point)

Stats....GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Rotten
10-23-2011, 11:58 PM
BTW, if Angerer had long hair like Polamalu and Mathews he's be a HYYYUUUUGE STAR in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

juss sayin :cool:

joshnumber21
10-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Lots of Big 10 love in that list.

Angerer was a BEAST at Iowa.

TheFranchise55
10-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Lets be real here. The only reason Bowman is "outplaying" Willis is because Willis is getting double teamed.

4backcracks
10-24-2011, 08:44 AM
I picked him to be a breakout start when he was drafted out of Iowa a couple years ago but I dont think he will be... most likely a good but not great LB. And honestly OP, if you havent heard of Angerer, Bishop or Bowman you need to pls go.

blow me. i dont play Madden or fantasy so the only place I hear of players from is SC and Game Recaps. Tackles dont make the front page.

PotKettleBlack
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Knew that the Indy guys were topping the list. Pretty difficult for them not to be when they play defense for 1283012301293 snaps a game. Angerer looks decent, I'll give him that though.

mrfister
10-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Angerer is good. I like him and we'll eventually cut gary brackett to keep him. Connor is a product of the system (speedy DE's, not DT and getting gashed up the middle for huge runs).

They may lead the league in tackles but thats a statistical fallacy

iamgenus
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Lets be real here. The only reason Bowman is "outplaying" Willis is because Willis is getting double teamed.

Who said Bowman is outplaying Willis?

Just with two guys who play that fast there is only so many tackles to go around. Willis is having an excellent year and doing a terrific job in coverage. I believe he leads the league in passes broken up by a linebacker.

wsuwarrior
10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Bishop is a beast. He had 14 tackles in a game a few weeks ago.

PepperedAngus
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
The Willis/Bowman LB combo is nasty.

Between them I wont be surprised if both land in the top 5. Even with 2x teams on Willis every play.

Yank11
10-24-2011, 12:09 PM
i can't find it right now, but a few years ago there was an article on I think dallas.com (but idk) about how useless the tackle stat is. If you calculated how many tackles a team had they would often have 3-5x more tackles then plays ran, which makes no sense. I also think it said that teams report the tackle stat to the NFL, instead of the NFL stat guys like every other stat

wish i could find the article though

TheFranchise55
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Who said Bowman is outplaying Willis?

Just with two guys who play that fast there is only so many tackles to go around. Willis is having an excellent year and doing a terrific job in coverage. I believe he leads the league in passes broken up by a linebacker.
Elmariachi said so.

iamgenus
10-24-2011, 05:58 PM
i can't find it right now, but a few years ago there was an article on I think dallas.com (but idk) about how useless the tackle stat is. If you calculated how many tackles a team had they would often have 3-5x more tackles then plays ran, which makes no sense. I also think it said that teams report the tackle stat to the NFL, instead of the NFL stat guys like every other stat

wish i could find the article though

No need to find the article. Tackle stats really don't show the best defensive players. Hell for years Derek Smith lead the 49ers in tackles and he was absolutely terrible. Dude had like 2-3 tackles for a loss in his 100+ and would constantly be tackling guys as they're dragging him for an extra 5 yards.

iamgenus
10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Elmariachi said so.

He's buying the hype ;) Not that it matters to me which guy outplays the other as long as they both continue doing their thing.

It also seems like they take turns on leading the teams in tackles but yes certainly Patrick gets more attention since he's a proven All Pro guy.

And I checked on Willis' passes broken up he has 7 but McClain now leads all linebackers with 8 but in one more game played.

thegenerel
10-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Angerer is going to be a very good ILB, maybe not a 'special' player though. Bishop is very good too. I have followed Bowman since HS, always been a great, tough, LB that likes to smoke up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much

PSU in a 3-4

ROLB: Wake
RILB: Bowman
LILB: Lee
LOLB: Hali

Bench: Poz

LBU is putting guys into the pros at LB.

hell, I will still lay claim to Phil Taylor aside him being a moron and kicked out. He could play NT here