PDA

View Full Version : Rivers is in his 8th season

C411911
10-23-2011, 02:25 PM
No ring,

its Rivers 8th season and he has nothing to show for.

Of that 2004 class, Roethlisberger has 2 rings and 3 SB appearances, even Manning has a ring, yet Rivers who is probably the best QB of the 3 has nothing.

At what point does the media start jumping on him for not having one? He has the stats but no ring. No hate here just looking for a discussion.

jross2021
10-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Rivers is not a better QB than Ben.

No heart.

BBGAMBINI31
10-23-2011, 02:26 PM
he has been exposed as the lebron of the nfl

GetBigyo
10-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Top defenses throughout his career, incredible talent around him.

Good fantasy QB but nothing else. brb losing to a rookie Sanchez in a playoff game

GPx
10-23-2011, 02:27 PM

No heart.

Is this a serious comment?

GeorgeCarlinJr
10-23-2011, 02:29 PM
*shrug* You don't normally see the media jump on qbs for that unless people call them the goat (like peyton) or if you play for the cowboys. And these days rivers isn't really looking like the best of the 3 :-/

nlite2000
10-23-2011, 02:30 PM
I love the "even manning has a ring."

Eli manning has had better passing numbers than anybody who's ever played in East Rutherford. It's not exactly a great place to throw the football. If Eli had gone to San Diego, his numbers would be monstrous. As it stands, the numbers for his career have been very good. He never gets injured and the Giants have always scored a lot of points since he took over. Say this outloud :Eli Manning is a future hall of famer. You Mad?

Rivers is a punk, Rapelisberger is a douche, and find one Giants fan who'd go back to '04 and choose either of them over Manning, and, well, you could find a few who would say that, but they're dumb.

jross2021
10-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Rivers is a punk, Rapelisberger is a douche, and find one Giants fan who'd go back to '04 and choose either of them over Manning, and, well, you could find a few who would say that, but they're dumb.

mad cuz the Giants stuck with the worst of the 3?

Would rather have ryan leaf than eli.

OptimusPoster
10-23-2011, 02:38 PM
QB's win games, defense win's championships. Not a Rivers fan.

thefederalist
10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Eli is a better QB. Think about how little Eli has had around him recently.

brb dropped TDs everywhere
brb bobbled catches for INTs everywhere

Jon85
10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
seriously him and mcnabb are the two most overrated qbs in the past 10 years

GPx
10-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Lmao oh lawd the trolls are out in full force.

leafs43
10-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Norv Turner will never win a ring as a head coach.

1GGY
10-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Rivers will never win a super bowl. Count it.

bigmonster1
10-23-2011, 02:45 PM
seriously him and mcnabb are the two most overrated qbs in the past 10 yearsAre you serious? Look at the numbers! McNabb is top 15-20 all time in almost all passing categories. you mad? And Rivers has a had mvp type seasons multiple times. I would rather have Rivers over Manning any day.

iamgenus
10-23-2011, 02:46 PM
QB's win games, defense win's championships. Not a Rivers fan.

While I agree that QBs alone do not win championships SD has had a very good defense for many years now so that shouldn't be an excuse.

ArchangelDante
10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
if norv wasn't his coach i think the media would be on his ass, but they realize no team can overcome the norv effect

GPx
10-23-2011, 03:10 PM
While I agree that QBs alone do not win championships SD has had a very good defense for many years now so that shouldn't be an excuse.

That's a lie.

Chargers defense has always been overrated. Their defense was good in 07 and last year. Last year they had the worst special teams in NFL history and literally cost them the playoffs.

iamgenus
10-23-2011, 03:13 PM
That's a lie.

Chargers defense has always been overrated. Their defense was good in 07 and last year. Last year they had the worst special teams in NFL history and literally cost them the playoffs.

Overrated doesn't mean bad. Also since when does defense = special teams?

This isn't fantasy football bro.

jross2021
10-23-2011, 03:14 PM

he never said they did, just said the Special Teams cost them the playoffs when they had a good defense.

dacster8
10-23-2011, 03:17 PM
if norv wasn't his coach i think the media would be on his ass, but they realize no team can overcome the norv effect

lulz. Norv is god awful. I'm starting to even question his offensive coordinating skills.

GPx
10-23-2011, 03:19 PM

The fuk are you talking about...

he never said they did, just said the Special Teams cost them the playoffs when they had a good defense.

This.

nlite2000
10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
mad cuz the Giants stuck with the worst of the 3?

Would rather have ryan leaf than eli.

Yes, I'm furious over having an experienced a sports high as a fan in '07 that will likely never be surpassed in my lifetime.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if, barring injury, all 3 of them didn't make the hall of fame. Clearly the closest thing to the '83 draft since, um, the '83 draft.

C411911
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I love the "even manning has a ring."

Eli manning has had better passing numbers than anybody who's ever played in East Rutherford. It's not exactly a great place to throw the football. If Eli had gone to San Diego, his numbers would be monstrous. As it stands, the numbers for his career have been very good. He never gets injured and the Giants have always scored a lot of points since he took over. Say this outloud :Eli Manning is a future hall of famer. You Mad?

Actually I think Eli is a very very good QB yet hasn't had a defense like the Steelers in his career or an offense like the Chargers.

Last year the Chargers had the #1 offense, #1 defense and didn't do **** in the playoffs

LorTy
10-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Actually I think Eli is a very very good QB yet hasn't had a defense like the Steelers in his career or an offense like the Chargers.

Last year the Chargers had the #1 offense, #1 defense and didn't do **** in the playoffs

Actually, the Chargers didn't even make the playoffs due to having the worst excuse for a special teams unit ever assembled in the history of the NFL. And that's not even an exaggeration...

scotyg
10-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Elis defense in their superbowl run was pretty good. Was that the year strahan set the record for sacks?

C411911
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Actually, the Chargers didn't even make the playoffs due to having the worst excuse for a special teams unit ever assembled in the history of the NFL. And that's not even an exaggeration...

my bad someone up there said something about losing to Sanchez I thought they did

C411911
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Elis defense in their superbowl run was pretty good. Was that the year strahan set the record for sacks?

no that was another year but that giants D line was nasty, they beat the best offense in NFL history

but to be fair their D isn't as good as the Steelers D who are good every year

LorTy
10-23-2011, 04:38 PM
my bad someone up there said something about losing to Sanchez I thought they did

Ohh i got ya. That was 2 years back in Sanchez' rookie year

chargerfn909
10-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Ignorance is bliss...you kids need to study football before making bonehead comments.

Dudes having a bad season without a doubt. But stfu with all the overrated bs, if you've watched football longer than just thus season you'd get it.

bking10
10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
I feel like he's sort of been let down by the Chargers management in many ways. Sort of the reason Eli's daddy refused to let him play there

C411911
10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Ignorance is bliss...you kids need to study football before making bonehead comments.

Dudes having a bad season without a doubt. But stfu with all the overrated bs, if you've watched football longer than just thus season you'd get it.

Since you are a football guru and we are just kids, maybe you can explain to us why Rivers cannot win a SB yet having talent all around him

V10Kyle
10-23-2011, 05:01 PM
It's the Norv Turner effect that is fuking the Chargers every year.

NJLife
10-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Since you are a football guru and we are just kids, maybe you can explain to us why Rivers cannot win a SB yet having talent all around him

explain to me how the bills managed to get to 4 straight superbowls and not win one!!?!?!

oh its because its REALLY REALLY REALLLY REALLY HARD TO WIN ONE. sometimes all the talent in the world isn't enough. sometimes you need some luck.

MurkinSeason
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Its a damn shame.. Im a cowboys fan and even I agree that guy should have a ring.

miketheblade
10-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Chargers front office is whats keeping players like LT and Rivers from getting a ring.

14-2 and fire the head coach

nuff sed

LorTy
10-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Chargers front office is whats keeping players like LT and Rivers from getting a ring.

14-2 and fire the head coach

nuff sed

Now you're not making any sense. Since you're posting on the sports misc, you should know that the QB is the only guy on the field and that Wins/Losses are 100% on him. Rivers' terrible performance last season kept the Chargers from the playoffs, not their horrid special teams as some football "gurus" would claim. The Giants superbowl win was 100% on Eli Manning's comeback at the end...it obviously had nothing to do with their defensive line holding Tom Brady to 14 pts!!

OptimusPoster
10-23-2011, 05:47 PM
4th and 3. Throws the ball out of bounds.

nlite2000
10-23-2011, 05:47 PM

Weak rationale. So, the fact that he played well is somehow underscored that the defense was good? You can use that kind of rationale against any player to make whatever retarded point you want, in any team sport save baseball. Bill Parcells never won anything without Bellichik! Bellichik never won anythign without Charlie Weis!

Dude has a ring, and a superbowl mvp. It is what it is.

chargerfn909
10-23-2011, 05:57 PM

Please list the talent..

I expect full knowledge of the trenches...

I'll be waiting.

chargerfn909
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Also, lemme know what happened with:

Dan Fouts
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Warren Moon
Boomer Esiason

Oh and explain to me how Trent Dilfer is better than ANY QB listed. Since we've (apparently?) came to the conclusion that all great QB's get a ring..

chargerfn909
10-23-2011, 06:04 PM
The truth is, the dude is having a bad year...That schitt DOES happen, ya know...

Like i've said before that's the problem with this place, a bunch of teenie bopper trolls that get all amped after watching 1 game and start threads up as if they are knowledgeable, experienced football fans.

chargerfn909
10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Top defenses throughout his career, incredible talent around him.

Good fantasy QB but nothing else. brb losing to a rookie Sanchez in a playoff game

I am sure there are plenty of guys posting complete BS in this thread, so I am not picking on you, I just grabbed this post....But PLEASE explain.....

Last year we were ranked 1, but it was slightly skewed. Also, we had the worst ST of all time (srs). Other than last year, I can't even tell you when our D was worth a schitt...'06? LT days with Marty? Maybe, but then AJ Smith got rid of him because he actually has a mind of his own and we've been on a skid ever since..

So again, please show me these 'top defenses' that have surrounded Phillip through his career..

ChuteBoxeFC
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
I blame Norv Turner and poor coaching more than i blame Rivers. lol @ the retarted Steelers fan saying Rivers has no heart and OP comparing him to Ben.

Ben has gotten by with mediocre mechanics and a stout defense for his entire career.

Ben has thrown more picks in Sb's than td passes. Even Randle El had a td pass in bens first sb where Ben had zero.

Rivers played the Pats in the playoffs on one fukin leg. lol @ no heart.

Rivers is a good QB' he's just surrounded by idiots

nlite2000
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
All you need to know about the Phillips, Roethlisberger, Eli thing is that all three teams are happy with what they got (other than the sexual assault thing.) They are each the face of their respective franchises, and I will make the drunken boast, again, that all three will go to Canton barring injury.

Jon85
11-01-2011, 10:40 PM
bump

CCAurora
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM

No heart.

"Sorry kid, your ACL is toast."
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0503/nfl_g_rivers01_300.jpg

http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/apmegasports/200801201528556906721-pf.standard.jpg
"Fuk it, I'll play on one leg."

quietstormx1
11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
it is a little strange he doesn't have a ring. he puts up some pretty good numbers.

if he doesn't get one, it's definitely not because of his ability.

remember, it takes the whole team to win games in football. not just one guy.

jross2021
11-01-2011, 11:15 PM
"Sorry kid, your ACL is toast."\
"Fuk it, I'll play on one leg."

I was kidding about heart, but I think Monday night proved my statement about Ben being better.

Jayson01
11-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Good lord, I just looked at his numbers the last few years:

4,710, 30 TDs, 13 INTs
4,254, 28 Tds, 9 INTs
4,009, 34 TDs, 11 INTs
3,152, 21 TDs, 15 INTs
3,388, 22 TDs, 9 INTs

Yes, I know football is more about stats, and I know he hasn't been great in the playoffs, but this really is his first bad season.

anthonysinatra
11-02-2011, 07:16 AM
lol bump.

Rivers has more weapons then any QB in the league every single year. Surrounded by stud receivers and a stud TE. Anyone see his last few games? Guy looks like he has never picked up a football in his life. EVery QB has games like that 1-2 times a year.....Rivers has had one almost every game this season. Somethin ain't right.

That being said....both big ben and Eli could retire RIGHT NOW and they are basically automatic hall of famers. Yes, Eli too....can't even argue with. Best QB in Giants history, superbowl MVP, etc. Rivers would be the 1 out of the 3 left out.

anthonysinatra
11-02-2011, 07:17 AM
I feel like he's sort of been let down by the Chargers management in many ways. Sort of the reason Eli's daddy refused to let him play there

STRONG this. Say what you want about Eli not wanting to be a Charger. Not trying to "offend" Charger fans...but they've been a loser organization forever. They are not respected around the league and something needs to change for them...

bdub69
11-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Rivers needs to get his **** together and start throwing to VJAX. I need the fantasy points. kthnx

chargerfn909
11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
lol bump.

Rivers has more weapons then any QB in the league every single year. Surrounded by stud receivers and a stud TE. Anyone see his last few games? Guy looks like he has never picked up a football in his life. EVery QB has games like that 1-2 times a year.....Rivers has had one almost every game this season. Somethin ain't right.

That being said....both big ben and Eli could retire RIGHT NOW and they are basically automatic hall of famers. Yes, Eli too....can't even argue with. Best QB in Giants history, superbowl MVP, etc. Rivers would be the 1 out of the 3 left out.

Stud receivers? Gates has been lights out his whole career, but VJ has been injured (or holding out) amongst other things. I also think its quite a stretch to call Floyd, Chambers, Crayton and guys alike STUDS.

I think what YOU guys are not realizing is, when he was playing the type of ball that he can, he makes all our WR's look like studs. Last year he didn't have VJ for just about the whole season, Floyd was out about every other game and Gates went out later in the season, yet he led the league in passing yards and had 30TD's.

If you guys would read through the whole thread you'd see i've explained (for the most part) whats going on. Dudes having a bad season. Plain and simple...It probably stems from Norv and the coaching staff calling horrible games and not properly preparing the guys, but who knows. Either way, he's off this year plain and simple.

Eli would NOT have a ring if

1a) They didn't have that D
1b) Tyree didn't make that acrobatic catch off his helmet that he could not repeat if he tried 1million more times.

Ben>>>Rivers...Yes, can't argue that.

SuperSonic88
11-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Would trade Romo for Rivers in .2 seconds... and give up a 2nd rounder..

Cowboys.. do it.

chargerfn909
11-02-2011, 07:44 AM
STRONG this. Say what you want about Eli not wanting to be a Charger. Not trying to "offend" Charger fans...but they've been a loser organization forever. They are not respected around the league and something needs to change for them...

If Eli wasn't a little bitch and was confident in his abilities NONE of that would matter. Great QB's make great teams...See Peyton.

It just shows a lack of character on Elllies part by doing what he did.

It's really hard to call the Chargers a losing organization and not respected around the league after dominating the West for as long as we did (not to mention back in the 70-80's with Fouts). Almost HALF the NFL does not have a ring, does that mean anytime a QB is going to be drafted by them in the top 5 they should do what Eli did?

Murph0408
11-02-2011, 07:55 AM
wow so the guy has several good years especially '08-'10 yet falters this season in the first half and you guys are all ready to call him overrated, no heart, never gonna win a championship

the guy isn't 40 years old. 3 years from now if he wins ONE superbowl we'll all say "wow what a great career this guy had." i don't know i just tend to look at the bigger picture instead of freaking out over the "what have you done lately" stuff

anthonysinatra
11-02-2011, 07:59 AM
If Eli wasn't a little bitch and was confident in his abilities NONE of that would matter. Great QB's make great teams...See Peyton.

It's really hard to call the Chargers a losing organization and not respected around the league after dominating the West for as long as we did (not to mention back in the 70-80's with Fouts). Almost HALF the NFL does not have a ring, does that mean anytime a QB is going to be drafted by them in the top 5 they should do what Eli did?

lol you believe what you believe I can't really argue with what you think. But Eli wanted to go to the Giants bc theyre a very well respected organization with great owners and a great front office. Theyre known for being a classy organization with a rich history....he just didn't want to play for san diego. Hate the guy all you want, he didn't want to go somewhere where he thought he'd be miserable.

chargerfn909
11-02-2011, 08:01 AM
lol you believe what you believe I can't really argue with what you think. But Eli wanted to go to the Giants bc theyre a very well respected organization with great owners and a great front office. Theyre known for being a classy organization with a rich history....he just didn't want to play for san diego. Hate the guy all you want, he didn't want to go somewhere where he thought he'd be miserable.

Miserable.. 70 degrees year 'round with division title after division title and ALWAYS a contender...strong misread...

Like I said, it just shows lack of character to be a whiny little bitch like that. Man up and make it happen, don't cry like a puss and act like its the end of the world because you are going to the team that drafted 1 overall.

Ecnewyx
11-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Eli didn't want to go to SD because they were a bad organization that wouldn't pay him plus Peyton's experiences with the Colts vs. Leaf's experience with the Chargers.

Definitely a bish move though. You enter the draft you take your chances... that sucks but that's professional sports. As it is, the Chargers got a QB they liked and Eli's personality makes him a good fit for NYC (can you imagine Rivers in NYC? Mouthing off at the fans? Kicking footballs? He'd be run out of town if he didn't win a Super Bowl) so everyone should be happy.

Like I said, I agree that it was a bitch move. Almost defeats the purpose of the draft... can you imagine if Stafford didn't want to go to Detroit because they sucked? Or Suh? Why would ANYONE want to go to Detroit after their 0-16 season if they could help it?

Almost HALF the NFL does not have a ring, does that mean anytime a QB is going to be drafted by them in the top 5 they should do what Eli did?

It's not a fair expectation but I'm going to say yes. You don't draft a QB no. 1 just to win games, you draft him to win the Super Bowl. Does it happen very often? Of course not... but a 1st round QB will always carry high expectations.

the guy isn't 40 years old. 3 years from now if he wins ONE superbowl we'll all say "wow what a great career this guy had." i don't know i just tend to look at the bigger picture instead of freaking out over the "what have you done lately" stuff

But what's the fun in that? Srs. LeBron will probably win one before he retires but I'm going to enjoy laughing at him being ringless while I can. :D

chargerfn909
11-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Eli didn't want to go to SD because they were a bad organization that wouldn't pay him plus Peyton's experiences with the Colts vs. Leaf's experience with the Chargers.

Definitely a bish move though. You enter the draft you take your chances... that sucks but that's professional sports. As it is, the Chargers got a QB they liked and Eli's personality makes him a good fit for NYC (can you imagine Rivers in NYC? Mouthing off at the fans? Kicking footballs? He'd be run out of town if he didn't win a Super Bowl) so everyone should be happy.

Like I said, I agree that it was a bitch move. Almost defeats the purpose of the draft... can you imagine if Stafford didn't want to go to Detroit because they sucked? Or Suh? Why would ANYONE want to go to Detroit after their 0-16 season if they could help it?

It's not a fair expectation but I'm going to say yes. You don't draft a QB no. 1 just to win games, you draft him to win the Super Bowl. Does it happen very often? Of course not... but a 1st round QB will always carry high expectations.

But what's the fun in that? Srs. LeBron will probably win one before he retires but I'm going to enjoy laughing at him being ringless while I can. :D

Wouldn't pay him? Dude was gonna get paid.

Ya know, who says Phil wouldn't have a ring if he had Coughlin and that D? --Eli has almost been run out of town because the LACK of emotion, just sitting or standing there with THAT look on his face. I think NY would back up and love Rivers, the man (up till this season) has never LOST us a big game and is normally pretty damn good at driving the field when need be. He's one of those guys that you love when they are with you, and hate em when they arent. With that being said I think NY would have loved Phil

Ecnewyx
11-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Wouldn't pay him? Dude was gonna get paid.

Rivers contract took months to finalize. Merriman ended up holding out. SD at the time if I remember correctly wasn't willing to step up and pay its draft picks.

Ya know, who says Phil wouldn't have a ring if he had Coughlin and that D? --Eli has almost been run out of town because the LACK of emotion, just sitting or standing there with THAT look on his face. I think NY would back up and love Rivers, the man (up till this season) has never LOST us a big game and is normally pretty damn good at driving the field when need be. He's one of those guys that you love when they are with you, and hate em when they arent. With that being said I think NY would have loved Phil

If Rivers won a SB he'd probably be okay although in NY you never know... since Eli won a SB and NYC still hates him. Eli is criticized for the lack of emotion but I think that's really how he's been able to survive this long. He's constantly picked on and criticized and really nothing he does will ever be good enough for NYC but I've NEVER heard him throw anyone under the bus and he takes responsibility for everything that happens on the field. Receivers drop passes? Running game is ****? Jacobs running without any passion? Eli takes and accepts the blame for all of that.

By contrast, Rivers has acted like a punk despite not really playing under the microscope. That's just my guess since we'll never know, but I don't think NYC wouldn't have loved Rivers jawing at fans, etc. If you're not Derek Jeter it's really not a friendly place to play.

LiftDeezWeights
11-02-2011, 08:52 AM
I was kidding about heart, but I think Monday night proved my statement about Ben being better.

Of course because watching him for one game says it all.

DoubtErased
11-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I blame Norv Turner and poor coaching more than i blame Rivers. lol @ the retarted Steelers fan saying Rivers has no heart and OP comparing him to Ben.

Ben has gotten by with mediocre mechanics and a stout defense for his entire career.

Ben has thrown more picks in Sb's than td passes. Even Randle El had a td pass in bens first sb where Ben had zero.

Rivers played the Pats in the playoffs on one fukin leg. lol @ no heart.

Rivers is a good QB' he's just surrounded by idiots

Let me ask you a question.....

Out of all of the teams that have lost in the SB do you think they would trade their QBs numbers for Big Ben's numbers in the SB and take the win?

Say what you want, a SB win is a win rather your defense won it for you or your offense. I am sure a ton of players would rather have ****ty stats and a SB win

Mitch1313
11-02-2011, 10:04 AM
No ring,

its Rivers 8th season and he has nothing to show for.

Of that 2004 class, Roethlisberger has 2 rings and 3 SB appearances, even Manning has a ring, yet Rivers who is probably the best QB of the 3 has nothing.

At what point does the media start jumping on him for not having one? He has the stats but no ring. No hate here just looking for a discussion.

lol'd

Would take Manning or Big Ben over him

inb4I'maSteelersfan

phillyfreak7
11-02-2011, 10:16 AM

No heart.

You're a dumbass bro... Lmao no heart... Lol

Liff_Wates
11-02-2011, 10:23 AM
lol bump.

Eli Manning is NOT an automatic hall of famer. Give your head a shake. Even Kurt Warner isn't a lock and his career dwarfs Manning's.

Blasphemy
11-02-2011, 10:42 AM
he has been exposed as the lebron of the nflthis.

rivers is a monster at times, but no clutch moments.

himynameisjohn
11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Eli Manning is NOT an automatic hall of famer. Give your head a shake. Even Kurt Warner isn't a lock and his career dwarfs Manning's.

youre smokin some crack Kurt is a lock for the HOF he holds some of the most ridiculous records and has one of the best playoff qb ratings of all time (104) in comparision tom bradys qb rating in the playoff is 85

Ecnewyx
11-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Warner should be but his down years in NY will hurt him. Guy is a beast though, Super Bowl appearances with two separate teams. Also a feel good story. (no homo)

Eli for sure is not in there. Maybe if he keeps ticking upward for another 10 years or wins another Super Bowl.

Liff_Wates
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Warner should be but his down years in NY will hurt him. Guy is a beast though, Super Bowl appearances with two separate teams. Also a feel good story. (no homo)

Eli for sure is not in there. Maybe if he keeps ticking upward for another 10 years or wins another Super Bowl.

When I say lock i mean lock for first-ballot. I can't imagine the voters not getting Warner in eventually. Eli won't sniff it unless his next 8 years are significantly better than his first 8.

Ecnewyx
11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
When I say lock i mean lock for first-ballot. I can't imagine the voters not getting Warner in eventually. Eli won't sniff it unless his next 8 years are significantly better than his first 8.

Warner doesn't have the career numbers or the longetivity. When he was good he was amazing but it was only for 4-5 years. Also 1/3 in the Super Bowl doesn't look great. Eli won't get in unless he duplicates his 2011 numbers for the rest of his career and/or wins another Super Bowl... and he hasn't even finished 2011 yet so people should probably chill on that.

ThrowinWeight
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/773387/rivers_medium.gif

CCAurora
11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Warner doesn't have the career numbers or the longetivity. When he was good he was amazing but it was only for 4-5 years. Also 1/3 in the Super Bowl doesn't look great. Eli won't get in unless he duplicates his 2011 numbers for the rest of his career and/or wins another Super Bowl... and he hasn't even finished 2011 yet so people should probably chill on that.

In before someone posts how Warner ****ed **** up in all three Super Bowls.

ChuteBoxeFC
11-02-2011, 11:02 PM

Actually it was Archie who didn't wan't Eli playing for the Chargers.

Ecnewyx
11-03-2011, 08:11 AM
In before someone posts how Warner ****ed **** up in all three Super Bowls.

Not sure if srs or if you think I said that. I personally think Warner deserves to be a HoFer but don't think he'll make it easily for the reasons I said above. I'm Eli Manning Crew though and I rofl when people say Eli has had (or is in the middle of) a Hall of Fame career.

Actually it was Archie who didn't wan't Eli playing for the Chargers.

Right. I didn't distinguish between the two but I probably should've.

fappinNnappin
11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Good fantasy QB

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/101/781/original/Y0UJC.png?1298581940

CCAurora
11-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Not sure if srs or if you think I said that. I personally think Warner deserves to be a HoFer but don't think he'll make it easily for the reasons I said above. I'm Eli Manning Crew though and I rofl when people say Eli has had (or is in the middle of) a Hall of Fame career.

You said 1/3 in the Super Bowl "doesn't look great" when he literally had three of the five most prolific games by a QB in Super Bowl ever.