PDA

View Full Version : Yet again, Boise State received one 1st place vote.

batman15
10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/ap/

Even after that POS game they played against Air Force.

That dude needs to have his voting privileges revoked.

jross2021
10-23-2011, 12:13 PM
lol, obvious conspiracy.

texanadian
10-23-2011, 12:14 PM
epic troll

WheyneNewton
10-23-2011, 12:14 PM
they should make the votes public.

skippy
10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
They also have a "don't vote them higher than 5" policy. OK State and Stanford both jumped Boise State. Tune in next week when Boise State is on a bye and everyone complains "They don't play anyone!"

Milo3
10-23-2011, 12:20 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/ap/

Even after that POS game they played against Air Force.

That dude needs to have his voting privileges revoked.
why do you keep making these threads?

who cares if someone is giving Boise State a vote each week? that voter obviously thinks Boise State deserve that 1st place vote and so what? maybe you're just jealous no-one is giving Arkansas a 1st place vote.

And every good team has their 'off day'... Boise State didn't play well yesterday but still managed to win. Boise State can't win. When they beat teams by like 25+ everyone complains how easy they get it, but when they win by close margain everyone just says they're frauds etc...

Three6Mafia
10-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Do you blame ok state and Stanford jumping? Ok st beat a pretty good mizzou team on the road and Stanford beat a ranked Washington team handily

AreolaBorealis
It was me wtf are you going to do about it

LiftHeavy85
OP stop riding the boise hate bandwagon and go back to your ****ty razorback cave.

WheyneNewton
10-23-2011, 12:25 PM
They also have a "don't vote them higher than 5" policy. OK State and Stanford both jumped Boise State. Tune in next week when Boise State is on a bye and everyone complains "They don't play anyone!"

OK St played a pretty good Mizzou team at Mizzou and beat them by 21 and Stanford beat the sh*t out of #25 Washington. Boise beat Air Force at home by 11...

bking10
10-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I guess someone didn't get the memo that you are only allowed to vote SEC teams first

Three6Mafia
10-23-2011, 12:27 PM
OK St played a pretty good Mizzou team at Mizzou and beat them by 21 and Stanford beat the sh*t out of #25 Washington. Boise beat Air Force at home by 11...

Lol strong same post

Calhexas
10-23-2011, 12:29 PM

The great part is how Boise State doesn't have a single team on its schedule left that's worth a damn. So we can all look forward to the "we deserve a shot at the title" talk for the rest of the season because it's not like any of those HS teams are going to be much of a challenge.

batman15
10-23-2011, 01:16 PM

who cares if someone is giving Boise State a vote each week? that voter obviously thinks Boise State deserve that 1st place vote and so what? maybe you're just jealous no-one is giving Arkansas a 1st place vote.

And every good team has their 'off day'... Boise State didn't play well yesterday but still managed to win. Boise State can't win. When they beat teams by like 25+ everyone complains how easy they get it, but when they win by close margain everyone just says they're frauds etc...

Fuk.

OP stop riding the boise hate bandwagon and go back to your ****ty razorback cave.

You.

jross2021
10-23-2011, 01:22 PM

comes with the territory of having a ****ty fukin' schedule, can't wait til some team drafts Kellen Moore and he's exposed, almost hope it's LSU vs Boise in the NC so they can get smacked harder than Auburn.

bigpoppi18
10-23-2011, 01:25 PM
have you dumbasses ever thought of maybe its the same damn person voting for them every week why the f do yall keep making this thread every week

jross2021
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM
have you dumbasses ever thought of maybe its the same damn person voting for them every week why the f do yall keep making this thread every week

it's obviously the same guy, and anyone not voting LSU or Alabama doesn't watch college football and shouldn't be voting.

Calhexas
10-23-2011, 01:43 PM

good god is this guy serious

batman15
10-23-2011, 01:50 PM

Srs?

WheyneNewton
10-23-2011, 01:51 PM

intradasting....

jkeithc82
10-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Seriously who cares. They can get 1 vote or 2 or 5 and it doesn't matter at this point.

1GGY
10-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Seriously who cares. They can get 1 vote or 2 or 5 and it doesn't matter at this point.because it proves how pathetic the entire voting system is. college football = lame.

jkeithc82
10-23-2011, 01:56 PM
because it proves how pathetic the entire voting system is. college football = lame.

We've known this for years though. This is nothing new. The system sucks.

1GGY
10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
We've known this for years though. This is nothing new. The system sucks.and it keeps getting worse when you have retards like this who are allowed to vote.

Calhexas
10-23-2011, 03:25 PM
We've known this for years though. This is nothing new. The system sucks.

Playoffs won't fix this though.

tk217
10-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Playoffs won't fix this though.

Why won't the playoffs fix this?

jimbogr
10-23-2011, 05:21 PM

Because you'd still have midseason rankings and still have voters voting on it.

and OP you should be praising God that Arkansas didn't fall to the 20-25 they deserve after they let an Ole Miss team piss all over them

Calhexas
10-23-2011, 05:38 PM

How do you decide who plays in the playoff?

tk217
10-23-2011, 05:40 PM

and OP you should be praising God that Arkansas didn't fall to the 20-25 they deserve after they let an Ole Miss team piss all over them

Anyone who was 0 losses would have the opportunity to play these "better teams" and prove themselves.

Now I'm waiting for Sat, Nov 12 for Stan V Ore U, Sat, Nov 5 for KSU v OSU & Bama V LSU, Sat, Nov 26 for Clemson v SC to see who gets to go to the NC/BCS bowl games.

This has been a big shake up week with Wisconsin loss and Ok U loss.

Teams like Houston who are ranked because they have 0 losses but aren't very good with wins like 35-34 against Lou Tech, 38-34 against UCLA, and 49-42 against UTEP have the opportunity to play "better" teams they'd otherwise never play and all would get to see just how good they are -- or bad. Houston may very well run the table in their league and get a 12-0 season. That doesn't mean they deserve to be in a BCS bowl game nor does it mean they deserve to be in NC contention.

Just because you have 12-0 or 13-0 season doesn't mean you're necessarily amazing. That being said....

The point of the play off system is to determine who really is good in an otherwise "voter specific" world and AQ world where teams who may be 12-0 or 13-0 and not be given the opportunity to play because of how the BCS is set up and the games are designed or the weight of votes exist -- would get the chance to shine through and possibly prove them wrong. Do I think Houston is #19 or even #1? No.

I am sure they're somewhere around the top 50 but that is about it. Struggling against middle of the pack WAC and middle of the lower end pack in the PAC-12 teams does not scream blow out or NC. Still it pushes football rather than pushing greed. It pushes the idea of fairness and pitting the best against the best (the slogan of the BCS) rather than a tyrannical and childish zeal espoused by the BCS's actions.

tk217
10-23-2011, 05:50 PM

I would suggest a seeding of champions via conference.

skippy
10-23-2011, 05:54 PM
The great part is how Boise State doesn't have a single team on its schedule left that's worth a damn. So we can all look forward to the "we deserve a shot at the title" talk for the rest of the season because it's not like any of those HS teams are going to be much of a challenge.

I don't know where you get this "Boise State deserves a shot" talk... it certainly doesn't come from me and I really don't see anyone else on this forum saying it.

germanyt
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I agree. Whoever that voter is really shouldn't be allowed a vote. Its clearly a bias vote.

chivasregal
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM
boise state LOL

batman15
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM

We came back and scored 29 straight points. We were scoring on every drive in the 2nd half.

How much do you weigh now?

BrettT07
10-23-2011, 09:20 PM

Still flawed. Loser of the LSU/ Bama game would be ****ed, especially since that team wouldn't even be a division winner.

In that scenario the easier conferences would have it far easier.. why the **** would I want Bama to play LSU, Arkansas, Florida, and Auburn every year when we could join the Sun Belt and rape the **** out of everyone to get into the playoffs every year guaranteed?

tyqb4
10-23-2011, 09:51 PM

have not read thread past this point but it makes the 3rd or 4th ranks matter. which is something bsu could compete for. which means scheduling good enough teams to get that rank. maybe we'd go play bama for free if a win meant a shot at a ncg.

Calhexas
10-24-2011, 06:06 AM

Horribly flawed. This was my original thought too. I think major conferences would get two teams (champion and runner-up...but what happens in the Bama/LSU case where those are obviously the best two teams in the conference but only one can be the winner while the other gets left out of the SEC CG) while smaller conferences get one. Then there are independents you have to think about too.

In the end, voting on a top 8, 16, 24, etc... is necessary and we're back to where we started. Who deserves to be #1, #2, #5, #10...who gets left out all together at #25 or whatever rank the odd man out is?

No matter how you do it, there will be b!tching.

Mitch1313
10-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Oh look, complaining about Boise getting a first place vote again, 3rd week in a row.

Who cares.................? Why make a thread every single week....

we get it, you all hate Boise and the same argument every time is their schedule sucks.
It's not like they will get a shot at the NC we know this already. boo hoo.

Gator286
10-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Oh look, complaining about Boise getting a first place vote again, 3rd week in a row.

Who cares.................? Why make a thread every single week....

we get it, you all hate Boise and the same argument every time is their schedule sucks.
It's not like they will get a shot at the NC we know this already. boo hoo.

Uhh...Actually they very well might this year.

Mitch1313
10-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Uhh...Actually they very well might this year.

Lol I'm a Boise fan... and I highly doubt it, because the computers will fukk Boise, and everyone just bitches and moans and cry's about their schedule.
Even if they go undefeated I still dont know if they could make it.

joshnumber21
10-24-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Mack Brown gives his 1st place vote to Texas whenever they are ranked, regardless of position. It makes a mockery of the system like the fact that Rickey Henderson only got 98% of votes to be in the Baseball HOF while Walt Weiss received 2 votes.

1corp1
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Ok OP lettuce be Cereal for a minute... BSU is a phuckin good team, so you need to stop acting like a beta baby back bish and realize it.

BSU beats V-tech YOU MAD OP?
BSU beats TCU YOU MAD OP?
BSU beats Georgia YOU MAD OP?
BSU beats OK Sooners, YOU MAD OP?
BSU Beats Oregon Ducks... YOU MAD OP?

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/normanxdxwallace/picture2.gif

Do I think BSU could win a National Championship, no, do I think they are in the top 5? You bet your mangina I do... I hope BSU goes to the Sugar bowl agains LSU like they are predicting, prepare your angus OP, BSU will hold their own, and always have.

Do I think bsu has a weak schedule? Yes weak as phuck, but, they are a top 5 team, easy. I think an LSU vs BSU game would be amazing, I think Alabama would beat bsu by 14+, but any other team in the BCA rankings, bsu could beat or at least make it a game, if you think otherwise it's because your in denial that your team isn't doing as good as you anticipated and you are mad BSU is stlyin on you.... clean your pussy and stop crying that BSU is getting recognition that your team isn't...

They have not lost to any team that they are put up against besides the Nevada game, which Nevada played very well in, The Air force game? yes AF played great, they managed to move the ball everytime they had it, and had over 10 mins longer posession time than BSU did, and our D couldn't get the AF Offense off the field, hence why our Defense kept getting injured, but whenver BSU had the ball, Boom goes the dynamite, so its not that we played ****ty, our D was worn out from being on the field for the whole game and AF was moving the ball very well with their option..

scotyg
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
honestly, at the rate at which the big boys are knocking each other out of the title race, BSU might get their shot. I doubt a Big 12 team gets through undefeated. Clemson might get through though and I can see stanford slipping against Oregon. The question is will BSU's computer ranking be too much to hold them back over a one loss SEC or Big 12 team?

1corp1
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
honestly, at the rate at which the big boys are knocking each other out of the title race, BSU might get their shot. I doubt a Big 12 team gets through undefeated. Clemson might get through though and I can see stanford slipping against Oregon. The question is will BSU's computer ranking be too much to hold them back over a one loss SEC or Big 12 team?

Lsu or Alabama out – would like LSU to beat Alabama, because LSU plays Arkansas and could lose to them, if Alabama wins, they are in the spot for sure because they play no one after LSU that is ranked. LSU w over Alabama then LSU loss to Arkansas puts LSU and Alabama out of the BCA title.

Oklahoma state could be out vs Oksooners or texas tech

Clemson needs to lose to south Carolina or Baylor

Then Stanford needs to lose to USC then beat Oregon

NYY
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Dude is probably from Boise, any other part of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, or any of the other bumblefuk states out there.

ezmac31
10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok OP lettuce be Cereal for a minute... BSU is a phuckin good team, so you need to stop acting like a beta baby back bish and realize it.

BSU beats V-tech YOU MAD OP?
BSU beats TCU YOU MAD OP?
BSU beats Georgia YOU MAD OP?
BSU beats OK Sooners, YOU MAD OP?
BSU Beats Oregon Ducks... YOU MAD OP?

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/normanxdxwallace/picture2.gif

Do I think BSU could win a National Championship, no, do I think they are in the top 5? You bet your mangina I do... I hope BSU goes to the Sugar bowl agains LSU like they are predicting, prepare your angus OP, BSU will hold their own, and always have.

Do I think bsu has a weak schedule? Yes weak as phuck, but, they are a top 5 team, easy. I think an LSU vs BSU game would be amazing, I think Alabama would beat bsu by 14+, but any other team in the BCA rankings, bsu could beat or at least make it a game, if you think otherwise it's because your in denial that your team isn't doing as good as you anticipated and you are mad BSU is stlyin on you.... clean your pussy and stop crying that BSU is getting recognition that your team isn't...

They have not lost to any team that they are put up against besides the Nevada game, which Nevada played very well in, The Air force game? yes AF played great, they managed to move the ball everytime they had it, and had over 10 mins longer posession time than BSU did, and our D couldn't get the AF Offense off the field, hence why our Defense kept getting injured, but whenver BSU had the ball, Boom goes the dynamite, so its not that we played ****ty, our D was worn out from being on the field for the whole game and AF was moving the ball very well with their option..

brb going back 5 years to make an argument of why boise should play in the BCSCG

Milo3
10-26-2011, 01:41 PM
brb going back 5 years to make an argument of why boise should play in the BCSCG
Or it just proves they've consistently beaten the top teams? How can anyone call them overrated when all they do is win? How can ppl say Boise State are overrated when they've proven they can beat the best teams?

It seems like you fit into the category A of someone who doesn't like Boise State... supports a team who has a worse ranking and would get stomped on by Boise.

1GGY
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Or it just proves they've consistently beaten the top teams? How can anyone call them overrated when all they do is win? How can ppl say Boise State are overrated when they've proven they can beat the best teams?

It seems like you fit into the category A of someone who doesn't like Boise State... supports a team who has a worse ranking and would get stomped on by Boise.Would love to see Boise play LSU and/or Alabama.

ezmac31
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM

It seems like you fit into the category A of someone who doesn't like Boise State... supports a team who has a worse ranking and would get stomped on by Boise. wow big deal they get up for 1 or 2 games a year. i guess michigan should just play in the MAC and then play their nonconference game against ND and we can pencil them in for the NC game.

pls go

Milo3
10-26-2011, 01:57 PM
wow big deal they get up for 1 or 2 games a year. i guess michigan should just play in the MAC and then play their nonconference game against ND and we can pencil them in for the NC game.

pls go
If that was the case than they might deserve a fair shot, but the reality is both Michigan and Notre Dame suck, both teams would just be like another MWC game for Boise State.

1corp1
10-27-2011, 07:35 AM

BRB showing that Boise state beats any ranked team they get matched up against... come at us bro..

ezmac31
10-27-2011, 07:55 AM
BRB showing that Boise state beats any ranked team they get matched up against... come at us bro.. except nevada
losing record all time against ranked teams and in bowls..

Calhexas
10-27-2011, 12:18 PM
How can anyone call them overrated when all they do is win?

O'rly???

Nevada in 2010.
TCU in 2008.
Washington, East Carolina, Hawaii in 2007.

What happened there???

inb4 "oh but that's only 5 losses in 4-5 years. Yeah...but they also only play 1-2 good teams a year anyways, including the bowls.

How can ppl say Boise State are overrated when they've proven they can beat the best teams?

Now UGA and Nevada are considered "the best teams?" Dear Jesus.

Source7769
10-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Dude is probably from Boise, any other part of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, or any of the other bumblefuk states out there.rumor says its Pat Forde formerly of espn voting them 1

AgRyan
10-28-2011, 04:48 PM

It seems like you fit into the category A of someone who doesn't like Boise State... supports a team who has a worse ranking and would get stomped on by Boise.

Boise State has never beaten the best teams, just overrated top 10 teams. Playing 1-2 tough games a season instead of 4-6 is a HUGE advantage, just because most teams are bound to have an off day and get upset. Which happened to Boise last year, against Nevada.

jamout
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Boise State has never beaten the best teams, just overrated top 10 teams. Playing 1-2 tough games a season instead of 4-6 is a HUGE advantage, just because most teams are bound to have an off day and get upset. Which happened to Boise last year, against Nevada.

It is also a huge advantage because they don't get as banged up. They would have many more injuries of they played tougher opponents.

skippy
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
You all are just mad because Boise State is gaming the system. If your team could play 1 or 2 "tough" games a year and get to a BCS bowl you'd do it to.

They didn't create the system that is the BCS, they just exploit it. Don't hate them for that.

OdeToArsenal47
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Horribly flawed. This was my original thought too. I think major conferences would get two teams (champion and runner-up...but what happens in the Bama/LSU case where those are obviously the best two teams in the conference but only one can be the winner while the other gets left out of the SEC CG) while smaller conferences get one. Then there are independents you have to think about too.

In the end, voting on a top 8, 16, 24, etc... is necessary and we're back to where we started. Who deserves to be #1, #2, #5, #10...who gets left out all together at #25 or whatever rank the odd man out is?

No matter how you do it, there will be b!tching.

4 16-team superconferences get 2 autobids for their champion and runner-up. 4 at-large bids that are decided upon by selection committee (BCS rankings are used like the RPI is in college basketball). This gives a chance to independents like ND and BYU, but also gives a chance to the BCS buster schools like Boise, Houston, etc. Seedings would be determined by selection committee.

As for the Alabama/LSU situation, the best solution would be to ditch the 2-division setup and go to 4x4 if you're a superconference. Look at what it would do with the SEC. For the sake of example, let's say that Clemson and Florida State joined.

Florida
Florida State
South Carolina
Clemson

Georgia
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Tennessee

Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi State

LSU
Texas A&M
Missouri
Arkansas

Play 3 games in division, 3 rotating non-division opponents, 2 traditional rivalries and 4 non-conference. From there it's a 4 team playoff for the championship game. Extra revenue for all parties involved, fairness for everyone (hell, it gives the Vanderbilts and Kentuckys of the world a better chance than they have now), and awesome football. Imagine the intensity of SC/Clemson or the Iron Bowl when the division and the SEC tourney berth is on the line. That's football.

I just think the NCAA needs to take leadership on the issue and put in place a system that's competitive for all. Will this ever happen? Probably not. But is it a good plan for good football? Absolutely.

skippy
10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
16-team playoff proposal (http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/32830148)

...It proposes that a human committee would rank 30 teams at the end of the season to help select the 16-team field. Those rankings would determine the 1-through-16 seedings. At least six Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) conference champions would be in the field. There would be a maximum of three teams per conference.

Calhexas
10-29-2011, 09:02 AM
You all are just mad because Boise State is gaming the system. If your team could play 1 or 2 "tough" games a year and get to a BCS bowl you'd do it to.

They didn't create the system that is the BCS, they just exploit it. Don't hate them for that.

Gaming it so well they've never been able to make it to the title game despite "exploiting" several undefeated seasons. That's some great "gaming." :rolleyes:

Calhexas
10-29-2011, 09:05 AM
16-team playoff proposal (http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/32830148)

...It proposes that a human committee would rank 30 teams at the end of the season to help select the 16-team field. Those rankings would determine the 1-through-16 seedings. At least six Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) conference champions would be in the field. There would be a maximum of three teams per conference.

Boom. Subjectivity. Enter the whining b!tches about who should be ranked where, who's overrated, who's getting snubbed, and who should get what seeds.

Any time you have to rank it by human choice...you're going to get someone complaining that they got screwed. That's the point I'm trying to make.