PDA

View Full Version : Why does Trent Richardson get hyped up so much??

x ShAnE x
10-22-2011, 07:48 PM
The few times I've seen him play (which has only been a few) he has not been that impressive to me.

Sure, hes incredibly strong and gains chunks of yards every now and then but he's really not that 'break out' back if you get what I mean. And the thing is I've mostly seen him play against less than dominate teams and he didnt do anything spectacular when you think that he would. He reminds me more of a fullback than a running back.

Just now against Tennessee they showed a play and said "Wow look how there is nothing there" and then he proceeds to follow the 4 blockers in front of him and head straight up the field.
It's starting to seem like he's one of those 'media mades' as I call them. He's just one of those players that the commentators and coaches seem to like and love to talk about and he can do no wrong. Another good example of this is Stephon Gilmore from S. Carolina. He just seems overhyped to me.

I'm not saying he's overrated (yet) but he's def overhyped. To me he just seems like an average back that gets a lot of attention. Plus it helps that he runs behind a good line and has a passing game that the defense has to defend too.

Maybe I just havent seen him enough? Idk. What do you guys think? Change my opinion. Because I want to like the guy...a 450lb bench how could ya not.

Lunatic
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
The few times I've seen him play (which has only been a few) he has not been that impressive to me.

Sure, hes incredibly strong and gains chunks of yards every now and then but he's really not that 'break out' back if you get what I mean. And the thing is I've mostly seen him play against less than dominate teams and he didnt do anything spectacular when you think that he would. He reminds me more of a fullback than a running back.

Just now against Tennessee they showed a play and said "Wow look how there is nothing there" and then he proceeds to follow the 4 blockers in front of him and head straight up the field.
It's starting to seem like he's one of those 'media mades' as I call them. He's just one of those players that the commentators and coaches seem to like and love to talk about and he can do no wrong. Another good example of this is Stephon Gilmore from S. Carolina. He just seems overhyped to me.

I'm not saying he's overrated (yet) but he's def overhyped. To me he just seems like an average back that gets a lot of attention. Plus it helps that he runs behind a good line and has a passing game that the defense has to defend too.

Maybe I just havent seen him enough? Idk. What do you guys think? Change my opinion. Because I want to like the guy...a 450lb bench how could ya not.To the bolded:

How do you ask the question when you write that?

The dude is a fukking monster.

Milo3
Because he's the best RB in college football and is NFL ready only halfway through his Junior year.

He's just following in Mark Ingram's footsteps.

BrettT07
Did you see him easily breaking tackles on that play?

Lunatic
10-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Has he said whether or not he's gonna go to the NFL or is he gonna stay another year?

BobDaNob
10-22-2011, 07:56 PM
He carried FOUR Tennesse players that knocked him backwards for POSITIVE YARDS.

Holy sh|t.

And he does that all the time. He's being quiet this game.

Masstastic
10-22-2011, 07:58 PM

Maybe I just havent seen him enough? Idk. What do you guys think? Change my opinion. Because I want to like the guy...a 450lb bench how could ya not.

Status: South Carolina fan insecure of why everyone considers Trent Richardson > Marcus Lattimore

charity4thepoor
10-22-2011, 08:02 PM
not sure if srs

i love the way he runs over people and carries them

reminds me of MJD

BrettT07
10-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Has he said whether or not he's gonna go to the NFL or is he gonna stay another year?

I haven't heard (nor do I expect him to say anything about it), but I fully expect him to go pro after this year barring injury.

Milo3
Status: South Carolina fan insecure of why everyone considers Trent Richardson > Marcus Lattimore
In all fairness, Lattimore is extremely talented and is only in his Sophomore year... what a shame he's out injured for the season though. He's up there with Richardson in terms of talent.

Maybe right now he's not as good as Trent, but he could be very close.

Lunatic

Holy sh|t.

And he does that all the time. He's being quiet this game.He's done that more than once too. Dude is a fukking m-o-n-s-t-e-r. LSU's d-line is great but TR, man... TR :( He's got me worried as hell.

mtomjr14
10-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I haven't heard (nor do I expect him to say anything about it), but I fully expect him to go pro after this year barring injury.

This pleases me

x ShAnE x
10-22-2011, 08:06 PM
To the bolded:

How do you ask the question when you write that?

The dude is a fukking monster.

I probably shouldve rephrased that. Small chunks at a time.
What I mean is he gets hit a lot in the backfield and goes down (this could probably be chalked up to missed blocks or not having built up momentum) so he loses a lot of yards.
Then it seems like theyll hand it to him and he'll get 3 yards, 3 yards on the next carry. Then the defense becomes worried and has to load the box and that opens the pass.

Like I said, more of a fullback type of player. I think you could compare him to Marcus Lattimore from S. Carolina who is just like him. Strong, bigger, runs downhill. But Lattimore breaks those longer runs and turns those busted plays into something. I've never really seen that from Richardson.

Because he's the best RB in college football and is NFL ready only halfway through his Junior year.

He's just following in Mark Ingram's footsteps.

Its hard for me to say hes the best raw RB because hes a different type of back and hes playing with a team that has talent at every position.

Did you see him easily breaking tackles on that play?

Arm tackles that were reaching off of some good blocks. Plus that was a safety that had a shot at him IIRC. He stood no chance against Richardson.

I dont keep up with Bama FB but I think I remember him saying somewhere online that he hasnt made his mind up but wouldnt mind staying another year as he can only get better. But I didnt realize how many senior/juniors were starting on Bama.

Holy sh|t.

And he does that all the time. He's being quiet this game.

Read bolded.

You couldnt be more wrong..
Im simply comparing him to Lattimore because they are similar.

Lunatic
10-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Maaaaan. That would suck. I like seeing players fully developed before going to the NFL. I understand the reasons for entering early but think he'd be better of staying at Bama and building up his skill.

I probably shouldve rephrased that. Small chunks at a time.
What I mean is he gets hit a lot in the backfield and goes down (this could probably be chalked up to missed blocks or not having built up momentum) so he loses a lot of yards.
Then it seems like theyll hand it to him and he'll get 3 yards, 3 yards on the next carry. Then the defense becomes worried and has to load the box and that opens the pass.
He can carry 4 defensive players trying to tackle him for 3+ yards. He's like a Jerome Bettis.

I hope he doesn't leave this year.

x ShAnE x
10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Maaaaan. That would suck. I like seeing players fully developed before going to the NFL. I understand the reasons for entering early but think he'd be better of staying at Bama and building up his skill.
He can carry 4 defensive players trying to tackle him for 3+ yards. He's like a Jerome Bettis.

I hope he doesn't leave this year.

Couldnt agree more. If he worked on his breakaway speed and lateral speed he would honestly be one of the best all around backs to come through in a long time.

Yeah I know I've seen him do it but like I said thats a fullback style player. I guess I just expected him to completely dominate and break long runs. After he gets to the second level he should be able to either run over players or take it all the way but I havent seen him do that.

BobDaNob
10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
He's done that more than once too. Dude is a fukking m-o-n-s-t-e-r. LSU's d-line is great but TR, man... TR :( He's got me worried as hell.

I know. :D It's going to be FANTASTIC watching big Trent run against that LSU wall.

Something will have to give.

Read bolded

It doesn't matter - four people are four people. That's hundreds of pounds he's carrying.

johnnyj411
10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
bench 450lbs
squat 600lbs
now 8 games in a row with over 100 rushing yards

BobDaNob
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM
now 8 games in a row with over 100 rushing yards
And he didn't even try. He had a garbage game.

By his standards.

BrettT07
10-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Did he go over 100 this game? I thought he only had 77 when starters got pulled.

BobDaNob
10-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Did he go over 100 this game? I thought he only had 77 when starters got pulled.

I don't even know, I stopped paying attention after a while. lol

Ex-Terminator
10-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Sure, hes incredibly strong and gains chunks of yards every now and then but he's really not that 'break out' back if you get what I mean.

No, I don't quite "get what you mean." I think you just answered your own question. Trent doesn't have the fastest 440 time on the team, but what good is a quick sprinting speed if a guy is brought down by the first hand that touches him?

Roll Tide!!!!

PhightinPhils26
10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQOKjH_S3I

watch this and youll change your mind

NJLife
10-23-2011, 11:00 AM
because he is the gd man?

911medic
10-23-2011, 11:15 AM
This pleases me I wouldn't get too excited. The guys behind him in Lacey and Fowler aren't far behind Trent in talent. More reps and another year in the system and there's little drop off in Bama's run game next year.

No, I don't quite "get what you mean." I think you just answered your own question. Trent doesn't have the fastest 440 time on the team, but what good is a quick sprinting speed if a guy is brought down by the first hand that touches him?

Trent runs a 4.4 forty. Pretty impressive for a guy his size.

911medic
10-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Did he go over 100 this game? I thought he only had 77 when starters got pulled. No, he didn't get 100. He got 77 and two TD's. Hate he didn't get the record.

Calhexas
10-23-2011, 11:29 AM
No, he didn't get 100. He got 77 and two TD's. Hate he didn't get the record.

Rushing no...APY yes.

Finished with 107 yards. IMO those little dump screens are basically runs anyways.

KobeTho
10-04-2013, 11:34 PM
op is a wizard

AgRyan
10-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Good find lol. Thought it was from this year and I was like "I didn't think the Colts played the Titans until later..."

ne12o
10-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Trent "2.8YPC" Richardson

LikeAMachine
10-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Op on that wizard time.

jkeithc82
10-05-2013, 08:00 AM
op is a wizard

Not really. Trent was a monster in college. NFL not so much.

hublife
10-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Not really. Trent ran behind a monster O-line in college. NFL not so much.

Fixed.

1Andretti
10-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Fixed.

Trent was trucking folks when he was with the browns...I think you need to watch the highlights. Imagine the damage he is going to wreak now that he has a quarterback

AriGhold
10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Trent was trucking folks when he was with the browns...I think you need to watch the highlights. Imagine the damage he is going to wreak now that he has a quarterback

trucking guys for a 4 yard gain

1Andretti
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
trucking guys for a 4 yard gain

Numerous people have already lamented the fact that the browns passing attack was bottom of the league. Minimal weapons. Now he has Wayne, Hilton, Heyward Bey and Luck. Why do you gloss over this? Colts essentially got Richardson for a projected 21-25 pick, it was an excellent trade for them. Browns, not so much, they don't get that value back.

LikeAMachine
10-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Numerous people have already lamented the fact that the browns passing attack was bottom of the league. Minimal weapons. Now he has Wayne, Hilton, Heyward Bey and Luck. Why do you gloss over this? Colts essentially got Richardson for a projected 21-25 pick, it was an excellent trade for them. Browns, not so much, they don't get that value back.

You're a troll and retarded.

AriGhold
10-05-2013, 03:14 PM

The browns lack of a passing attack doesn't change the fact that Richardson has zero breakaway speed and can get chased down by lineman.