PDA

View Full Version : Why can't boise state join pac12? pac13

Nutella!
10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
i dont follow ANY college football and even I can't help but lol at their schedule. How can they be taken seriously?

Austanian
10-22-2011, 11:43 AM
The Pac does not want them because they suck in everything except football.

Sublime88
10-22-2011, 11:44 AM
boise cant play a full season with pac 12 teams

Backus24
10-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Boise doesn't bring much to the table for anyone really, outside of football. And even then, it's only a name that people recognize because they hate the BCS.

Their stadium only holds like 30,000 people, and have you ever heard of any other sports at Boise?

They would be taking a big piece of the revenue pie without adding enough revenue of their own to the total.

And that's only assuming they make a BCS game, or another big bowl game when they are in the Pac12. Nobody knows how they will do when they have to face AQ conference opponents every week. What happens if they join and become middle of the pack? It's a big risk.

And every move made in conference realignment is about money.

Milo3
10-22-2011, 12:10 PM
The Pac does not want them because they suck in everything except football.
A lot of Pac-12 teams are irrelevant in basketball... what's your point?

Boise doesn't bring much to the table for anyone really, outside of football. And even then, it's only a name that people recognize because they hate the BCS.

Their stadium only holds like 30,000 people, and have you ever heard of any other sports at Boise?

They would be taking a big piece of the revenue pie without adding enough revenue of their own to the total.

And that's only assuming they make a BCS game, or another big bowl game when they are in the Pac12. Nobody knows how they will do when they have to face AQ conference opponents every week. What happens if they join and become middle of the pack? It's a big risk.

And every move made in conference realignment is about money.
Like I said, there are a lot of Pac-12 teams who are irrelevant in basketball.

Bronco Stadium is getting expanded by 20,000 and will be around the same capacity as Oregon's stadium.

They've proven over the last few years they're able to compete with schools who have more money and are regarded as better teams. They've beaten AQ teams, that's not the problem. I also don't see revenue as a problem either. If they can consistently stay one of the top teams in the country they'll rake in their fair share of revenue.

Do ppl honestly see teams like Oregon State as a more worthy and contributing member to the Pac-12 than Boise State could potentially be?

There is so much potential for a program for Boise State to develop and grow in a conference like the Pac-12. They could be a powerhouse in college football building the next dynasty.

WheyneNewton
10-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Boise has no interest in having to play a real(-ish) schedule.

Backus24
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
A lot of Pac-12 teams are irrelevant in basketball... what's your point?

Like I said, there are a lot of Pac-12 teams who are irrelevant in basketball.

Bronco Stadium is getting expanded by 20,000 and will be around the same capacity as Oregon's stadium.

They've proven over the last few years they're able to compete with schools who have more money and are regarded as better teams. They've beaten AQ teams, that's not the problem. I also don't see revenue as a problem either. If they can consistently stay one of the top teams in the country they'll rake in their fair share of revenue.

Do ppl honestly see teams like Oregon State as a more worthy and contributing member to the Pac-12 than Boise State could potentially be?

There is so much potential for a program for Boise State to develop and grow in a conference like the Pac-12. They could be a powerhouse in college football building the next dynasty.

Oregon St was an original member from the early 1900's, not comparable.

And I never said they wouldn't eventually be an attractive option, but right now potential might not be good enough.

The people who make these decision are concerned with how much money you bring to the conference above all else. Taking a Boise over someone else is a risk, like I said, what if they join and fall to middle to low end of the conference?

DollarAndADream
10-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Academically they are not up to par

Milo3
10-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Academically they are not up to par
lol... academics are an irrelevant non-entity in college football.

It's all about $$$. If a school can bring lots of $$$ they couldn't care less about how many geeks that university has.

jimbogr
10-22-2011, 02:03 PM
lol... academics are an irrelevant non-entity in college football.

It's all about $$$. If a school can bring lots of $$$ they couldn't care less about how many geeks that university has.

No. It's not about $$$, it's about appeasing rich donors for your school, then cash.