PDA

View Full Version : Are the Panthers the next Colts?

GetBigyo
10-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Im not saying Cam will be the next Peyton but this smells like the Colts franchise.

1st overall pick comes in, rookie mistakes, awful D, losing close games, doormat team the year before,etc.

I think if Carolina gets a top 5 pick this year, which they probably will, we could see a turnaround just like the Colts did from the 3-13 year Peyton had.

inbefore Brady vs. Peyton debate

magicmatt
10-22-2011, 11:15 AM
cam > peyton

brady > cam

transitive property

charity4thepoor
10-22-2011, 11:22 AM
cam > peyton

brady > cam

transitive propertypeyton > eli

transitive property

Greg1983
10-22-2011, 11:27 AM
So the Packers don't have to worry about them making the Super Bowl for the next 9 years? Works for me. That'll be about the end of the Rodgers era anyways.

WheyneNewton
10-22-2011, 11:31 AM
better question: are the Colts the next Panthers?

cor030
10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
better question: are the Colts the next Panthers?

lol'd. nah, the Panthers have only been really bad for one year, since 2002 IIRC they've only been under 7-9 once(last year). Colts window is shut if Peyton is really done.

anyways I hope so OP. next year they (probably) get a top 5 talent added to the team, our best DT Ron Edwards back on the team, our #2 WR Gettis, and most importantly... Jon ****ing Beason. The team you see now has 3 recent first round picks on IR, as well as our big free agent acquisition.

GetBigyo
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Like I said, this MIRRORS the Colts in Peyton's rookie year.

Another close game lost with an atrocious defense.

Im driving the Cam bandwagon. Panthers go AT LEAST 10-6 next year assuming they get Beason back healthy, top 5-10 pick, Cam another year developing, etc. Oh lawd.

dan213
10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
I know they need help on defense but Cam with another top tier WR would be insane. A guy like Justin Blackmon.

cor030
10-30-2011, 06:50 PM
I know they need help on defense but Cam with another top tier WR would be insane. A guy like Justin Blackmon.

Nahhh. Smitty still has a couple elite years left in him and I don't think you realize how desperately they need help on defense. They let the Vikings go like 90% on 3rd down conversions in the 2nd half.

They'll go LB or DT with their first pick.

dan213
10-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Nahhh. Smitty still has a couple elite years left in him and I don't think you realize how desperately they need help on defense. They let the Vikings go like 90% on 3rd down conversions in the 2nd half.

The Vikings were like 75% against GB on 3rd downs last week too lol.

I figured they would go with defense. I'm just saying if they had a chance at taking Blackmon, I would do it. Guys like him don't come along too often and they don't have too many explosive options outside of Smith.

GetBigyo
10-30-2011, 06:56 PM
If they go offense with a top 5-10 pick, then the FO needs to get their heads checked.

Actually, if im Carolina and end up with a pick like that and Barkley is still available, i'd trade the pick to like the Browns for more picks ala Sanchez draft trade.

Liff_Wates
10-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Carolina should probably go LB with every pick the way they go through them.

cor030
10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
If they go offense with a top 5-10 pick, then the FO needs to get their heads checked.

Actually, if im Carolina and end up with a pick like that and Barkley is still available, i'd trade him to like the Browns for more picks ala Sanchez draft trade.

Trade down is always a possibility. They need all the depth they can get, especially at LB.

I don't know if there are any impact linebackers(like Von Miller of last year) available, but it's looking like that'll be the position they go for.