PDA

View Full Version : Theo to Cubs Official

Future24
10-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Dynasty.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7133082/theo-epstein-leaves-boston-red-sox-chicago-cubs

taxe91
10-21-2011, 10:37 PM
o lawd in b4 hes broken two of baseballs longest streaks before he even turns 40

cor030
10-21-2011, 10:47 PM
are the Cubs gonna have to take Lackey?

TexasHeat
10-21-2011, 10:48 PM
will he hire terry francona as manager?

NewYorkMets
10-21-2011, 10:52 PM
are the Cubs gonna have to take Lackey?

might go to the padres if the red sox eat some of his salary.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Red-Sox-could-reportedly-unload-John-Lackey-to-P?urn=mlb-wp24787

cor030
10-21-2011, 10:54 PM
might go to the padres if the red sox eat some of his salary.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Red-Sox-could-reportedly-unload-John-Lackey-to-P?urn=mlb-wp24787

wtf

unless the Red Sox eat the entire contract why would any team WANT that piece of **** on their roster? lulz

lackey would have had like 2 or 3 wins tops if he didn't have an insane offense for the better part of the season

TexasHeat
10-21-2011, 10:55 PM
wtf

unless the Red Sox eat the entire contract why would any team WANT that piece of **** on their roster? lulz

lackey would have had like 2 or 3 wins tops if he didn't have an insane offense for the better part of the season
What's in this for the Padres? Manager Bud Black was Lackey's pitching coach when both were with the Los Angeles Angels, so the two have a previous working relationship. Petco Park's larger dimensions would also provide some relief for a fly-ball pitcher like Lackey, who served up 12 home runs in Fenway Park this year.

Future24
10-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Theo's news conference happens on the 25th anniversary of Buckner play. - Twitter

Irony.

Parlor_Mob
10-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Jed Hoyer and McLeod coming to the Cubs as well. Talk about total overhaul in Cubs management. I love it. Cub fans finally have something to be happy about next season even if it might be another losing one.

PitBillSoxFan
10-22-2011, 04:51 AM
wtf

Moving him from a hitters park in the AL to one of the biggest pitchers park in the NL would lower his ERA and WHIP considerably.

RyzinEnagy
10-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Moving him from a hitters park in the AL to one of the biggest pitchers park in the NL would lower his ERA and WHIP considerably.

What's in this for the Padres? Manager Bud Black was Lackey's pitching coach when both were with the Los Angeles Angels, so the two have a previous working relationship. Petco Park's larger dimensions would also provide some relief for a fly-ball pitcher like Lackey, who served up 12 home runs in Fenway Park this year.
You could say that about anybody. I'm sure I'd pitch better in Petco than in Fenway too. I sure hope the Padres are getting something else of value if they're going to take a shot at him.