PDA

View Full Version : The raiders odds to win the superbowl now are.....

RekeDMC
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
20/1 since they got Palmer. I think it's possible that they can make it there.
Last year they owned the devision and now they get a 4 thousand yard passer?

Look put for the raiders to be 13-3 this year and be a dark horse for the superbowl

Top front 4
Very good wr's
Great rb
Good qb
Great cb and line backers

They now are a complete team with Palmer

Thoughts?

rnaco
10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Raiders have a sh!tload of talent but when I watch their games they seem to almost beat themselves. silly mistakes, penalties, blown coverages (Buffalo Bills game--they should be 5-1)

Carson Palmer will definitely help, Jason Campbell was horrible.

FappingBrah
10-21-2011, 09:25 AM
if the raiders get hot around playoff time i could see them making the afc championship game, but not sure about a super bowl or lombardi yet

but the front 4 can take over games, and if palmer limits his turnovers mcfadden and bush can control the clock

Onita
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Sure, they owned the division last year. How well did they do in the playoffs? Palmer is a shell of what he once was. Maybe he'll make a comeback lol

Raiders have a sh!tload of talent but when I watch their games they seem to almost beat themselves. silly mistakes, penalties, blown coverages (Buffalo Bills game--they should be 5-1)

They lead the division (again) in penalties. No chance they win the SB.

Prezidential
10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
I like their chances of making the playoffs, but not winning it all. Don't see them taking down a NE, Bal or Pitt in an away game.

brb_ballin
10-21-2011, 09:35 AM
lol at you thinking they'll go 9-1 the rest of the way... which would make them finish 11-1 in the last 12 games... they aren't that good... maybe 10 or 11 win team.

play SD twice, go to GB and play the Lions.

chargerfn909
10-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Did you watch a single game? I'll be surprised if Carson gets to the level that Jason was at within 5-6 weeks.

I think people are blowing the Carson thing up a bit much BECAUSE Jason was playing so good. If they had a dude in their sucking ass and they were still winning, THEN got a better QB i'd think this would be a lot different. Who knows what kind of chemistry Carson will ever get with DHB, Moore etc? Nothing is guaranteed.

Their D is currently ranked 31st in the NFL. I know stats can be sqewed bc their front 4 is LEGIT, but their 2ndary is definitely suspect. Losing Schaunery (sp) will sting a bit too, that dude is a stud.

With that being said, IF Carson plays to his full capabilities and his elbow is indeed 100%, AND IF DMC stays healthy all year I can see them going 11-5, winning the division. I just do not see them going to the Bowl. Teams like the Ravens/Pats will give them hell

ezmac31
10-21-2011, 09:48 AM
they'll lose to KC this weekend (srs)

JetLife21
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Did you watch a single game? I'll be surprised if Carson gets to the level that Jason was at within 5-6 weeks.

I think people are blowing the Carson thing up a bit much BECAUSE Jason was playing so good. If they had a dude in their sucking ass and they were still winning, THEN got a better QB i'd think this would be a lot different. Who knows what kind of chemistry Carson will ever get with DHB, Moore etc? Nothing is guaranteed.

Their D is currently ranked 31st in the NFL. I know stats can be sqewed bc their front 4 is LEGIT, but their 2ndary is definitely suspect. Losing Schaunery (sp) will sting a bit too, that dude is a stud.

With that being said, IF Carson plays to his full capabilities and his elbow is indeed 100%, AND IF DMC stays healthy all year I can see them going 11-5, winning the division. I just do not see them going to the Bowl. Teams like the Ravens/Pats will give them hell

STRONG this. Campbell has been solid this year. He has done exactly what the Raiders have asked him to do. He isn't going to put up amazing stats but he is a solid game manager that doesn't turn the ball over much. He has completed over 64% of his passes in 4 of the 6 games this year and has only thrown 4 INT's. Carson may end up being an improvement over Jason in the long run, but he will also turn the ball over more. Oakland's strength is playing field position with their elite running game and special teams play.

GJ_Dave_Man
10-21-2011, 10:01 AM

STRONG this. Campbell has been solid this year. He has done exactly what the Raiders have asked him to do. He isn't going to put up amazing stats but he is a solid game manager that doesn't turn the ball over much. He has completed over 64% of his passes in 4 of the 6 games this year and has only thrown 4 INT's. Carson may end up being an improvement over Jason in the long run, but he will also turn the ball over more. Oakland's strength is playing field position with their elite running game and special teams play.

^THIS.
carson still has injury questions and might not even start this week due to him JUST being signed. hes had very little time with the team and learning the system. the raiders have been winning with campbell because hes gotten in sync with the young WR core and stepped it up. boller knows the offence and might start this week to give carson this week and the bye to get centered in the offence.

no matter which QB starts or plays, mcfadden will win this game for us and run over this injured KC defence

&if you honestly think campbell is not one of the main reasons we have our 1st shot at the playoffs in years then your have NO idea what the hell your talking about.

krogtaar
10-21-2011, 10:09 AM
i dont know how people, including the raiders, think palmer will be better than he was in cincinnati. his last 2 seasons he had an 82 and 83 rating.

the knee injury took him from elite to good, the elbow took him to average. in b4 he isn't as good as campbell

edit: the bengals also took andy dalton at the top of the 2nd round as an upgrade to Palmer. they assumed he wouldn't really hold out at that point.

brb_ballin
10-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Jason Campbell's rating this season: 84.2

last time Palmer had higher then that: 2007 (86.7)

SerjM3
10-21-2011, 10:14 AM
The Raiders could definately make a lot of noise in the playoffs. The rest of their schedule only consists of two truely difficult games and thats Detroit and Green Bay, Chargers are such a soft 4-1 its not even funny. Before the Palmer trade I would have said they will definately lose to Green Bay and probably lose to Detroit. Now its probably lose to Green Bay and a chance to beat Detroit. The bye week is coming at a perfect time for Palmer to use two weeks to get that playbook manageable and bond with the receivers. If they can manage to cut down the penalties they will really be a force. In the two games they lost, if you cut those penalties in half they have a chance at being undefeated, legitimately.

I don't know how many of you actually have watched every Raiders game, but Jason Campbell is not good. All he can do is manage a game, don't ask him to do anything else. The big plays the receivers have made have been on them, not Campbell putting the ball in the right place. He was always playing scared, and to be successful in the NFL you need a QB who can win you games and thats what Carson Palmer can bring to the team if he is back to his 2005 form.

Sszpernoga
10-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Did some of you even see the Raiders games this year? Campbell actually played pretty good, and a big part of that was good protection from our line, which I think didn't get enough credit so far.

Not saying anything about Palmer yet. I want to see him actually perform at a level higher than Campbell, anything worse would be unacceptable. We gave up a lot for him so he better pull through. He is the right type of QB for the Raiders system, so we will see what happens.

chargerfn909
10-21-2011, 10:34 AM
i dont know how people, including the raiders, think palmer will be better than he was in cincinnati. his last 2 seasons he had an 82 and 83 rating.

the knee injury took him from elite to good, the elbow took him to average. in b4 he isn't as good as campbell

edit: the bengals also took andy dalton at the top of the 2nd round as an upgrade to Palmer. they assumed he wouldn't really hold out at that point.

In all fairness I believe it was his elbow that was f'n him up. He relies on his strong arm to make passes, if the ball didn't have the zip it once did then it was of course going to affect his throws.

Housh was on Sirius radio the day of the trade and says he's worked out with CP from day 1. He said last year he definitely noticed the zip wasn't there, but never hit CP up about it. --When they worked out this year he said his hands were sore after the first day and at that point asked carson if his elbow was bothering him the previous year. Carson just kinda shrugged it off and said "yea, alittle"...but I think it's safe to say he's back (for the time being).

chargerfn909
10-21-2011, 10:35 AM
The Raiders could definately make a lot of noise in the playoffs. The rest of their schedule only consists of two truely difficult games and thats Detroit and Green Bay, Chargers are such a soft 4-1 its not even funny. Before the Palmer trade I would have said they will definately lose to Green Bay and probably lose to Detroit. Now its probably lose to Green Bay and a chance to beat Detroit. The bye week is coming at a perfect time for Palmer to use two weeks to get that playbook manageable and bond with the receivers. If they can manage to cut down the penalties they will really be a force. In the two games they lost, if you cut those penalties in half they have a chance at being undefeated, legitimately.

I don't know how many of you actually have watched every Raiders game, but Jason Campbell is not good. All he can do is manage a game, don't ask him to do anything else. The big plays the receivers have made have been on them, not Campbell putting the ball in the right place. He was always playing scared, and to be successful in the NFL you need a QB who can win you games and thats what Carson Palmer can bring to the team if he is back to his 2005 form.

Hard to call the Chargers a soft 4-1 when in years past we would have lost most of those close games. We dominated the Pats, but just turned the ball over too much and lost it.

You and I both know under Norv the Bolts are schitt until November, then they are damn near unstoppable in December. Not to say that trend follows, but when we start LOSING, you can call us soft.

charity4thepoor
10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
13-3 lol

BullStampede
10-21-2011, 11:37 AM
13-3 lol

this lol. 10-6 is waaaay more likely imo.

liftTENhard
10-21-2011, 11:46 AM
they should start pryor he has 90 speed in madden lulz

ccj804
10-21-2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/

GB% of winning SB: 17.5%
49ers% of winning SB: 17.3%

I can only pray my 9ers make it.

iamgenus
10-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Favorite NFL teams: Bears + Packers

jimbogr
10-21-2011, 11:52 AM

woah woah, source on this. Everything I've heard has said they took that pic because they were moving on without him